Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Do some people deserve to be Left Behind?

  1. #1
    ag_man Guest

    Default Do some people deserve to be Left Behind?

    This is of no offense to anyone. And this is not to bash any particular group of people. But this is a thought that entered my mind when I think about just how Godless this world is. Do you think some people deserve to get left behind? Honestly. I know several Atheist from the internet alone that could very well deserve it. I'm not a person with a vengeful heart and full of anger but sometimes I feel like I know the difference between someone who can be saved and someone who can't. Atheist I encounter with humble hearts who are open-minded towards there being a God, I can say they have a chance to be saved. No matter if they are left behind or not. I feel in my heart that God favors people with humble hearts. But then you have another mantra of Atheist that have COMPLETELY hardened their hearts and disregarded the word of God and don't acknowledge him whatsoever, they are the ones that are in real danger. I only know 2 or 3 Atheist like this that completely disregard God for 1, and the Bible and all it's prophecies for 2. And they are BLASPHEMOUS!! *** Mod Edit ***! The words and venom that come out of their mouths when talking about our Lord and the bible!! You would think they would struck down right then and there!

    Do you know any Atheist or unbeliever that you feel almost...dare I say it...deserves to be left behind? I don't think ANYONE deserves to be left behind because I realize that it's going to be the worst time in our history. But I definitely feel that some folk deserve judgement to be delivered to them. Such as the Atheist that started the infamous website to commit the unforgivable sin. Daring unbelievers from all walks of life, young and old, to commit the unforgivable sin to never see salvation in their lives!! Those kinds of people are the ones I feel are totally right to be left behind. That is nothing but pure evil.
    Last edited by Anddra; December 9th, 2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Please mind your language

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    largo, FL
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    I know that I deserve to be left behind.....


    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    17,454

    Default

    Romans 3:23.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    There are some who have such a hard heart towards things of Christ, that you could say they may be hopeless, however, I think put into the right situation around the right people most could have their eyes opened and come to Christ.

    2Pe 3:9
    The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  5. #5
    RuntheRace Guest

    Default

    It is not a matter of "deserve" to be left behind. If judged on our merits and works alone, ALL of us deserve eternal separation from God. However, at the time of the Rapture, there will be some whose hearts are so hard that nothing will melt them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    907

    Default

    All of us deserve to be left behind, but thank God that He gave us Jesus, to provide us a way not to be left behind. None of us are worthy except through Christ. To answer more specifically the question you asked, yes anyone who denies Christ deserves to be left behind. Our Lord Jesus has been more than patient and merciful to us sinners.
    [url]www.valleyviewchurch.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, West Virginia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    It is my opinion that God is pouring out His wrath for a reason. I'm eternally glad I have an advocate who has paid the peanlty for my sins. Thank you Jesus!
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

    Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

    Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Everyone, Christians and non-Christians alike, deserve to be left behind. God's grace and mercy are undeserved. Faith in itself is nonmeritorious. It's the divine object of our faith that has the merit. It's the fruits of God's grace at work in us that have merit.

    Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    Lamentations 3:21-23 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

    Revelation 3:9-10 is often mis-punctuated, making it sound like the Rapture is something earned, and that only some believers get raptured:
    Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world...

    But here it is with what I believe to be better punctuation:

    Revelation 3:9-10 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee because thou hast kept the word of my patience. I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allen893 View Post
    This is of no offense to anyone. And this is not to bash any particular group of people. But this is a thought that entered my mind when I think about just how Godless this world is. Do you think some people deserve to get left behind? Honestly. I know several Atheist from the internet alone that could very well deserve it. I'm not a person with a vengeful heart and full of anger but sometimes I feel like I know the difference between someone who can be saved and someone who can't. Atheist I encounter with humble hearts who are open-minded towards there being a God, I can say they have a chance to be saved. No matter if they are left behind or not. I feel in my heart that God favors people with humble hearts. But then you have another mantra of Atheist that have COMPLETELY hardened their hearts and disregarded the word of God and don't acknowledge him whatsoever, they are the ones that are in real danger. I only know 2 or 3 Atheist like this that completely disregard God for 1, and the Bible and all it's prophecies for 2. And they are BLASPHEMOUS!! ****Mod Edit**** The words and venom that come out of their mouths when talking about our Lord and the bible!! You would think they would struck down right then and there!

    Do you know any Atheist or unbeliever that you feel almost...dare I say it...deserves to be left behind? I don't think ANYONE deserves to be left behind because I realize that it's going to be the worst time in our history. But I definitely feel that some folk deserve judgement to be delivered to them. Such as the Atheist that started the infamous website to commit the unforgivable sin. Daring unbelievers from all walks of life, young and old, to commit the unforgivable sin to never see salvation in their lives!! Those kinds of people are the ones I feel are totally right to be left behind. That is nothing but pure evil.
    Do you think the people of the flood deserved to drown?
    Did Noah deserve to be saved? Lot?
    We all deserve hell, but through God's love and grace we have the choice to receive His salvation - free for us but it cost Jesus His life
    Last edited by Steve53; December 9th, 2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Language in quote



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between here and there.
    Posts
    12,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allen893 View Post
    Do you know any Atheist or unbeliever that you feel almost...dare I say it...deserves to be left behind? I don't think ANYONE deserves to be left behind because I realize that it's going to be the worst time in our history. But I definitely feel that some folk deserve judgement to be delivered to them. Such as the Atheist that started the infamous website to commit the unforgivable sin. Daring unbelievers from all walks of life, young and old, to commit the unforgivable sin to never see salvation in their lives!! Those kinds of people are the ones I feel are totally right to be left behind. That is nothing but pure evil.
    You are asking the sort of question that only God can really answer. He is the only one who can truly judge men's hearts and make that distinction.

    Also remember that the tribulation is not only a time of judgement, it's a time of God's grace and mercy as He seeks to save those who stubbornly wouldn't seek His salvation before the tribulation. Some people need to literally stare death in the face before they will even consider the love and Grace and salvation that God offers freely to all who accept.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)


    I'm a Navy mom.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    463

    Default

    I agree with everyone else, we all DESERVE to be left behind, but even worse we all deserve Hell. Thankfully Jesus stepped in and became our sacrificial lamb and we are now covered by His blood. Do those who reject Christ deserve to be left? I think of it as a matter of being their choice to be left behind.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    We ALL deserve to be left behind. We ALL deserve to burn in the darkest pit of Hell forever. Jesus died and paid the price for our sins. We know what we have done. We know what we are guilty of. Jesus does too. He died for us so that we can be with him forever. We on this site have accepted His free gift of pardon, and we are spared from Hell and will immediately enter into the gates of Heaven at death or at the Rapture.

    Praise God!
    One Day Closer

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NC/SC line at the ocean
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I would never accuse God of being unjust.

    There are rules, we all have sinned.

    There is a Saviour, Jesus Christ.

    It is not His Will that any perish.

    Break the rules, refuse the Saviour....

    You get what you deserve.

    His Mercy endures forever.

    Jumpmaster
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)

  14. #14
    ag_man Guest

    Default

    Thanks everyone for the interesting responses. I have to agree. We all deserve to get left behind and it is only up to the Lord to decide if we do or don't.

  15. #15
    ag_man Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Do you think the people of the flood deserved to drown?
    Did Noah deserve to be saved? Lot?
    We all deserve hell, but through God's love and grace we have the choice to receive His salvation - free for us but it cost Jesus His life
    I don't mean to be rude or anything but I must disagree with you on one point. I believe that everyone on Earth that drowned in the flood fully deserved it. Like I said, I do not have a vengeful heart wishing death and destruction upon others. BUT God gives us a certain appointed time to repent and come to salvation and they did not do that. Not only did they have time, they had HUNDREDS of years to repent from their ways because back then, humans lived longer. But did they listen? Nope! What kills me is that even after Noah finished the ark and God gave them seven days to come to repentence. No one! And they were blasphemers and killers and adulterers and all kinds of evil permeated society back then and not one of them chose to come to repentence. So God gave them what they deserved. Now after being engulfed and drowing in water, they are all in the deep pits of hell for eternity and and still suffering right this very minute! Is is their fault? Yes! Fortunately for this 10x as sinful generation God will NOT flood the earth and will even give people the luxury of being left behind rather than them dying and ending up in hell. We are lucky folk I'll tell you that. I don't know how God favors this generation and why we were so lucky to be born in this historic time (cause we could have been born in any other!) but we are and I'm just thankful and prasing God that I am. I'm waiting for his return. And after that, I don't have nothing left to say to the people of this world unless he tells me to.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Agree with Nightelf that there will be a group who NEEDS to be left behind in order to realize their need to be saved (and hopefully respond accordingly) since they will not be awakened by any other presently-operating outreach.

    NOT RECOMMENDED for any unsaved person reading this. A superficial study of this site and the scriptures referenced should show anyone that you will face capture, imprisonment, trial, and execution for your decision to:

    1) Believe that Jesus Christ is your only means of salvation, and
    2) Refuse the Mark because of 1)

    Keep in mind that, during these last days of the Age of Grace preceding the Rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation, you need only complete 1) above to gain eternal security.

  17. #17
    Glory in print Guest

    Default

    All people deserve not to be just left behind we all deserve hell, and like salvation being caught away in the rapture is by the grace of God for Christians only.... Those who haven't accepted Christ like atheist you mention, they do indeed deserve to be left behind..... Atheist I debate with all time make statements about how they hate Christians and how the world would be a better place without us - well they'll get their wish after the rapture... I just wonder if they will like whats coming in the tribulation better?.. I often wonder if they will come to their right minds and repent, but after talking with hundreds of them over the years most of them will be the first ones to follow the anti - Christ for sure.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the world but not of it
    Posts
    14,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deputyez View Post
    All of us deserve to be left behind, but thank God that He gave us Jesus, to provide us a way not to be left behind. None of us are worthy except through Christ. To answer more specifically the question you asked, yes anyone who denies Christ deserves to be left behind. Our Lord Jesus has been more than patient and merciful to us sinners.
    Jesus is the answer. Without Him, we would all be left behind.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the world but not of it
    Posts
    14,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allen893 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the interesting responses. I have to agree. We all deserve to get left behind and it is only up to the Lord to decide if we do or don't.
    God has already made it clear that all those who believe and are saved are part of the Bride and will be taken in the Rapture.

  20. #20
    Amber Lynne Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbressler1976 View Post
    I know that I deserve to be left behind.....
    Me too...we all do. Me most of all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •