Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tracts for chinese people

Matthew1034 Guest

Default tracts for chinese people

My family frequently goes to this chinese restuarant, last time we were there I asked the owner if they were buddhist, to which she replied, "I have no religion." So I'm wondering if anyone here can read chinese, and has/knows where to get some good tracts in chinese.

Thanks.

Easy. World Missionary Press does SCRIPTURE BOOKLETS. Hundreds of languages!

INCLUDING CHINESE.

AND THEY'RE FREE.

Sure, they'd love a couple bucks if you have 'em, but it only costs them 4 cents to print up a booklet.

You can't even donate on the request page. You have to go to another page.

Anyway, tell them just what you told us; you'll get them shortly. You can ask them to send you samples in English.

http://www.wmpress.org/bksavail.shtml

I am handing out "The Amazing Life of Jesus" right now; but "Help From Above" "How to Know God" and "Who am I that a King would die in my place?" are all wonderful.

Each is 48 pages long, about the size of a business card, and chock full of scripture.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Matthew1034 Guest

Awesome! thanks a lot

scarecrow 8 Guest

Here's a hint: Why don't you leave them alone and not force you religion on them when they don't want it?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow 8 View Post
    Here's a hint: Why don't you leave them alone and not force you religion on them when they don't want it?
    Those who have read them, or the Bibles taken there over the decades would disagree. People are coming to The Lord in huge numbers in China. How can you say they don't want it? Ever live under the crushing weigh of communist dogma yourself?
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

That one would really hate what I do.

The way I see it is this; not that I feel compelled to explain myself to "apologetics only":

I have something that brings me great comfort and joy. I would like to share it/Him. If someone doesn't like the material, they can throw it away. I certainly do it with those "Watchtowers" (when I am away from them, I throw it away). I can also REFUSE TO ACCEPT the material, which is what I often do.

I have yet to see an atheist or agnostic passing out tracts, etc. I guess they don't feel very comforted by their beliefs, or motivated to share!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

I need to grow up. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post

I have yet to see an atheist or agnostic passing out tracts, etc. I guess they don't feel very comforted by their beliefs, or motivated to share!

First, I for one do not want to seem like I am forcing my atheism on someone. Also I am willing to talk about it but most of the time religious people don't listen and either get angry or very defensive and start quoting the bible or other holy book, which then I just end up in a circular argument pretty much. So, no, I do believe atheists/agnostics are very comfortable with sharing, just to people who want to open their mind and not quote scripture or "personal experiences" as proof of their god.

Quote Originally Posted by I need to grow up. View Post
    First, I for one do not want to seem like I am forcing my atheism on someone. Also I am willing to talk about it but most of the time religious people don't listen and either get angry or very defensive and start quoting the bible or other holy book, which then I just end up in a circular argument pretty much. So, no, I do believe atheists/agnostics are very comfortable with sharing, just to people who want to open their mind and not quote scripture or "personal experiences" as proof of their god.
    People will have a go at you post, but please don't try to change your username back to what it was again. If you do you will be banned immediately.

Feel free to change it to something normal.

Quote Originally Posted by I need to grow up. View Post
    Ironic and fascinating, we find that with most every atheist who comes here offering what they think is unique, only to find out we have heard it all before.

I really feel terribly sorry for them.

I get my Bibles here

Gee, I dont think this sounds like telling the truth in love, do you?
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

yimaocho Guest

I disagree. Being from Taiwan (and China claims we're part of their country), I can say that there are many Chinese people who would love to know Jesus. They are apprehensive about Him only because they are ignorant of Him, but once they know who He is they'll gladly accept Him. I really think we Christians are blessed, because we can go to the LORD with confidence that He will hear us, whereas others crawl on their knees to beg for just a second of attention from an idol that can't see or hear. It always saddens me when I see the people of my country like that...

Also, people don't really believe that the god they're praying to will answer them anyway. They're superstitious, so they give offerings to not offend spirits and put up wards that they don't even think will work. When they're in trouble they pray and hope because they have nowhere else to turn to, but that's about it. It really makes you wonder what point there is in serving something that obviously doesn't care about you or might be too busy for you. But with Christ, it's totally different...That there is a God who will hear and who will answer is one of the reasons that drew me to Christianity.

For Chinese tracts, I know of several booklets that come out monthly that my church passes around. They're distributed by Chinese Christian Mission (ccmusa.org). They have testimonies, Q&A columns, commentaries on passages and stuff.

Hope this'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by yimaocho View Post
    I disagree. Being from Taiwan (and China claims we're part of their country), I can say that there are many Chinese people who would love to know Jesus. They are apprehensive about Him only because they are ignorant of Him, but once they know who He is they'll gladly accept Him. I really think we Christians are blessed, because we can go to the LORD with confidence that He will hear us, whereas others crawl on their knees to beg for just a second of attention from an idol that can't see or hear. It always saddens me when I see the people of my country like that...

Also, people don't really believe that the god they're praying to will answer them anyway. They're superstitious, so they give offerings to not offend spirits and put up wards that they don't even think will work. When they're in trouble they pray and hope because they have nowhere else to turn to, but that's about it. It really makes you wonder what point there is in serving something that obviously doesn't care about you or might be too busy for you. But with Christ, it's totally different...That there is a God who will hear and who will answer is one of the reasons that drew me to Christianity.

For Chinese tracts, I know of several booklets that come out monthly that my church passes around. They're distributed by Chinese Christian Mission (ccmusa.org). They have testimonies, Q&A columns, commentaries on passages and stuff.

Hope this'll help.
    Yimaocho,

What a wonderful post and so true, especially from someone who speaks from first hand experience. The personal aspect of Jesus becomes more beautiful when he is compared to man's concept of the gods of false religions.

Welcome to the board!

One other thing, scarecrow was a drive by poster and was not honestly looking for dialog.

yimaocho Guest

Thank you for the advice, OnceWasLost. I will ignore drive by posters from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by yimaocho View Post
    Thank you for the advice, OnceWasLost. I will ignore drive by posters from now on.
    I am glad for your post, very glad indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Well, when you believe this about things, it's hard to wanna share what you believe!!

...one of the world's foremost militant atheists, Christopher Hitchens, passed into eternity without God, without Hope and apparently (for we do not know his final interior climate) as militantly opposed to the proposition that his 75 trillion cells and nigh 40,000 genes simply self-generated and designed themselves out of ooze and lightning, assisted by the god known as gravity (thanks to Stephen Hawking) and, no doubt, engineered by Richard Dawkins' aliens.
    I'd like to see Hitchens tract for THAT!!!

Talk about delusional. No wonder they are afraid to share what they believe.

I do wish these drive by's and atheists would get their facts correct first before spouting their bile around here.

Christianity is NOT, repeat NOT a religion. Religions are all man-made, each and every one of them from catholics, protestants, mormons, jehova's to islam and all the rest in between don't save people, they condemn them, make it impossible to fulfill all their doctrines and ruin their lives in this space, then deny them access to the Lord in the next life.

True 'born again' Christians have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and there are no "must do's" or "must not do's", each member of the 'Church' has a vastly different relationship and call to the cause than anyone else. We have no ceremonies, no common buildings, priests, ministers, bishops, altars etc..

Please do not confuse the Church of Jesus Christ, all of whom on this site are members, with anything else you may have learned about MAN'S religions.

jimmybob is offline Here to Observe from Apolo Only

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedeemed View Post
    Christianity is NOT, repeat NOT a religion.
    If Christianity was not a religion, there would be no Bible, no rules, no practices and no traditions. It's possible to say that the most fundamental aspect of Christianity is the relationship with Jesus, but to say Christianity isn't a religion ignores a lot of what Christianity is.