Thread: Doug Batchelor Amazing Facts?

Default Doug Batchelor Amazing Facts?

I wasn't sure where to post this thread but here it is.

I just had a question...I was flipping through the channels the other night and stopped on Doug Batchelor's show entitled Amazing Facts. I have heard him speak before and remember agreeing with his message and actually liked him as he was speaking on the age of the earth, creation and the flood as I remember. However, when I turned to his show this time around, which was about 3/4 of the way through, he was really downing all the Pre-Trib teachers. He was arguing for the Post-Trib Rapture and actually using the same scriptures we pre-tribers use to prove our view. His core argument was Jesus will not come silently and secretly to Rapture His people such as 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, referring to the text saying... He will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God. And II Peter 3:10 referring to the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." His point is that these and other verses speak of all people on earth knowing He has come and that it will happen at the end of the Tribulation period. He stated that all Pre-Trib teachers were teaching a lie and that the Bible just has no facts to back up the Pre-Trib view. I personally think he was getting the Rapture and the Second Coming confused. I personally was also angry with his words. I just wanted to see if anyone has heard Doug speak or know anymore about why his view of the Rapture is so...well...wrong
    IF GOD DOES NOT PUNISH AMERICA...HE OWES SODOM AND GOMORRAH AN APOLOGY

Not Having an Avatar is the New Avatar

Default Doug bachelor.

.....Seventh Day Adventist....
    Wrong doctrin....wrong everything else...IMHO..

As Deborah 55 has pointed out: Seventh Day Adventist. Ironically, an offshoot (I think) of the Millerites who predicted (incorrectly) the rapture in 1843? I know the Jehovah Witnesses were an offshoot of Millerism.

Highly legalistic. Saturday Sabbath is their big focus for identifying who's a member of "the real church", like all Saturday Sabbath organizations state.

Good cult identifiers:

"We're the only true Church"
    Attacks other churches' practices/proselytes for their own
    Legalism (works related salvation)
    "Lost Tribes" identification (sometimes)

Batchelor is a slick speaker. But, as always, the whole belief set is not presented - you get the "public consumption" version on TV.

Eyes

Interesting information: I've seen and heard much of this same type of hyper Calvinist preaching from the post trib pastor of the local Harvest Bible Chapel.

A good prospect for listing in the apostasy forum.
    Colossians 1 :16 "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him" Colossians 1:17 "He is before all things and in Him all things hold together",

Please don't listen to Doug Batchelor or anyone else from Amazing Facts.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
    Test all things; hold fast what is good.

As stated upthread the Seventh Day Adventists appear to have a solid biblical foundation at first glance, then slip in their many heresies once they have you hooked.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

what is amazing

is Doug Batchelor calls his show Amazing Facts when his show promotes half truths or outright lies
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Default The 7th Day adventists are indeed SNEAKY!!

check this article out...they are indeed sneaky

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ist/sneaky.htm
    "Rise up my fair one and come away..The time of singing has come, my dove in the clefts of the rock ....for my beloved is mine and I am HIS..

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTinCheryl View Post
    check this article out...they are indeed sneaky

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ist/sneaky.htm
    Yes, they are sneaky. Before I found a solid Bible believing church and before I developed a strong sense of discernment, I started doing an online "Bible study" with this woman. About a week into it, I asked her (because something just didn't seem right with how she was commenting on the scriptures we were studying) what church she was affiliated with. She refused to tell me (big red flag)..so I googled the website that the Bible study was coming from to find out that they were SDA. I ended the study and vowed never to become involved with them ever again. Perhaps the Holy Spirit blessed me with more discernment than I thought I had at the time!

When I was in a desert period in my Christian walk, years ago..I used to watch Doug Batchelor..and even then, something about his doctrine didn't seem right. I would stay as far away from SDA theology as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Good cult identifiers:

"We're the only true Church"
    Attacks other churches' practices/proselytes for their own
    Legalism (works related salvation)
    "Lost Tribes" identification (sometimes)

Cults require everything but the only thing required, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. If you find yourself believing 'christian' doctrine or teachings leading you to believe only you and a select few are saved, you should consider carefully what you're believing. Hyper calvinists certainly fall into that realm.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Some of the stuff on Amazing Facts can be interesting, but eventually they will always pound Saturday as the Sabbath.

Doug Batchelor was brought up on an Indian reservation (I think his parents were missionaries).

The SDA have their own netweiork, Three Angels Broadcasting, 3ABN, but TCT and TBN and Inspiration Network carry some of their programs.

Many years ago, the program It Is Writen was done by the late George Vandeman and was very interesting. They went nto the "rest of the story" about the Catholic church and how they wiped out the Waldenses and others in the hills of Italy.

But they are definitely post-trib and also preach "soul sleep", just as the JWs do.

Deborah 55 and Raphael are right about the Millerites. They followed a preacher named Miller who predicted the Second Coming in 1843. People in upstate NY had sold everything and were on a hilltop waiting for it. When it didn't happend Miller decided it must be 1844 and they gathered again. These events became known as the "Great Disappointment". The SDA came out of the Millerite movement, and Ellen G. White is attributed as the founder.

A lot of her writing have been found out to be very plagiaristic.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

Tsk tsk SDA's..

...I believe that they teach that worshipping on Sunday.....is the mark of the beast..
    correct??

not 100% sure of this...but somewhere along the line , I heard that this is true..

What I've never understood about these cults that claim the Sabbath is Saturday or Sunday is this:

Col 2:16 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

Pretty simple to me.

Marantha, Lord Jesus!

God bless.
    If you believe you're a good person:
    As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    - Romans 3:10

If you believe all paths lead to Heaven:
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    - John 14:6

If you pray to Mary, Saints, Idols or Images:
    For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    - 1 Timothy 2:5

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah 55 View Post
    ...I believe that they teach that worshipping on Sunday.....is the mark of the beast..
    correct??

not 100% sure of this...but somewhere along the line , I heard that this is true..

yes the do (well some do anyway),

there was a infamous billboard by the sda's a year or so in my town that said that going to church on sundays= somehow the MOTB
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Question @ Billeefan

I don't want to snicker at that statement...concerning the motb
    but I did anyway...
    seems ludicrous to me...
    NOTHING scripturally points to that....
    Where do they come up with those things??

...OH YEAH.....
    their father.....the father of lies....