Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Red Heifer updates

How does the reappearance of the Ark Of The Covenant fit into rebuilding of the temple?
    2day Lord? Then what about tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by HopeOfHeaven View Post
    How does the reappearance of the Ark Of The Covenant fit into rebuilding of the temple?
    It would be a significant symbol for the Jews.

Practically speaking, God's schechinah glory abandoned the Temple a long time ago. The presence of the Ark would be irrelevant to Him.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Do you see this happening soon according to the ancient prophecy of The Ark's return?
    2day Lord? Then what about tomorrow

Do you see this happening soon according to the ancient prophecy of The Ark's return?
    What prophecy?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Israel

The importance of a Red Heifer
    - study by notdecieved

I was searching for the significance of the ashes of the Red Heifer. What qualities do they have and what did they do for the cleansing? What medicinal values do they have? You might be surprised!

Numbers 19 KJV

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia

http://www.bible-history.com/

Use of Cedar and Hyssop:
    While the heifer was being burned, "cedar-wood, and hyssop, and scarlet" (i.e. scarlet wool or thread) were cast into the flames. The same combination of objects (although differently employed) is found at the cleansing of a leper (Lev 14:4), but their meaning is entirely unknown. The explanations offered are almost countless. It is quite clear that hyssop was especially prized in purifications (Ps 51:7), but the use of hyssop as a sprinkler and the use of ashes of hyssop may be quite unrelated. Hyssop and cedar were supposed to have medicinal properties (see CEDAR; HYSSOP). Or the point may be the use of aromatic woods. For a mixture of cedar and other substances in water as a purificatory medium compare Fossey, Magie Assyrienne, 285. The scarlet wool offers still greater difficulties, apart from the color, but it may be noted that scarlet wool plays a part in some of the Babylonian conjurations (Assyrian Bibl., XII, 31). But, obviously, none of this leads very far and it may all be in the wrong direction. All that can be said definitely is that Lev 14:4 and Nu 19:6 show that the combination of objects was deemed to have a high purificatory value.

Cedar for Ritual Cleansing:
    Cedar is twice mentioned as a substance for ritual cleansing. In Lev 14:4 the cleansed leper was sprinkled with the blood of a "clean bird" into which had been put "cedar-wood, and scarlet, and hyssop." In Nu 19:6 "cedar-wood, and hyssop, and scarlet" were to be cast into the holocaust of the red heifer. Here it is very generally considered that the cedar could not have been the wood of Cedrus libani, which so far as we know never grew in the wilderness, but that of some species of juniper--according to Post, Juniperis phoenicea, which may still be found in the wilderness of Edom.

HYSSOP
    his'-up ('ezobh; hussspos, Ex 12:22; Lev 14:4,6,4:9 ff; Nu 19:6,18; 1 Ki 4:33; Ps 51:7; Jn 19:29; Heb 9:19): A plant used for ritual cleansing purposes; a humble plant springing out of the wall (1 Ki 4:33), the extreme contrast to the cedar.
    The common hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) of the Natural Order Labiatae, an aromatic plant with stomatic properties, cannot be the hyssop of the Bible as it is unknown in Israel, but allied aromatic plants of the same Natural Order have by Maimonides (Neg. xiv.6) and other Jewish writers been identified with it. Probably hyssop is identical with the Arabic zat`ar, a name applied to a group of aromatic plants of the genus marjoram and thyme. They would any of them furnish a bunch suitable for sprinkling, and they have the important recommendation that they grow everywhere, being found even in the desert. Post thinks of all varieties the Origanum maru, a special variety of marjoram which favors terrace walls and rocks, is the most probable.
    The proposal (Royle, Jour. Royal Asiatic Soc., VII, 193-213) to identify the caper (Capparis spinosa) with hyssop, which has been popularized by the works of Tristram, has not much to recommend it. It is true that the caper is very commonly seen growing out of walls all over Israel (1 Ki 4:33), but in no other respect is it suitable to the requirements of the Biblical references. The supposed similarity between the Arabic 'acaf ("caper") and the Hebrew 'ezobh is fanciful; the caper with its stiff, prickly stems and smooth, flat leaves would not furnish a bunch for sprinkling as serviceable as many species of zat`ar. It has been specially urged that the hyssop suits the conditions of Jn 19:29, it being maintained that a stem of caper would make a good object on which to raise the "sponge full of vinegar" to the Saviour's face, the equivalent of the "reed" of Mt 27:48; Mk 15:36. For such a purpose the flexible, prickly stems of the hyssop would be most unsuitable; indeed, it would be no easy matter to find one of sufficient length. It is necessary to suppose either that a bunch of hyssop accompanied the sponge with the vinegar upon the reed, or, as has been proposed by several writers (for references see article "Hyssop," EB), that hussopo is a corruption of husso, "javelin," and that the passage should read "They put a sponge full of vinegar upon a javelin."
    E. W. G. Masterman

You may be thinking, "How can ashes purify anything?"
    Actually, ashes have been scientifically proven to have cleansing properties.
    http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...t-a-red-heifer
    They can be used as fertilizer.
    Ashes can be used as pest control.
    Ashes added to ponds can control algae production.
    Ashes can be used as de-icing agents.
    In the 1700's, ashes mixed with water were used to manufacture soap.Ashes and water can be used to clean glass and metals such as gold and silver.

A Red Heifer for Purification
    http://www.ucg.org/bible-commentary/...n/default.aspx
    In any event, besides the spiritual significance it certainly had, Jeffrey explains that there was a medical benefit to what God was prescribing here as well, just as there was with the laws for dealing with leprosy. In fact, there were clear similarities (compare Leviticus 14:4). Jeffrey states that "the water of purification described in Numbers 19 actually had the ability to destroy germs and infection. The resulting water of purification solution contained ashes from the Red Heifer sacrifice combined with cedar, hyssop and scarlet thread. This water of purification contained 'cedar' oil that came from a kind of juniper tree that grew in both Israel and the Sinai. This cedar oil would irritate the skin, encouraging the person to vigorously rub the solution into their hands. Most importantly, the hyssop tree—associated with mint, possibly marjoram—would produce hyssop oil. This hyssop oil is actually a very effective antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Hyssop oil contains 50 percent carvacrol which is an antifungal and antibacterial agent still used in medicine, according to the book None of These Diseases. When we note that the waters of purification from the Red Heifer Sacrifice were to be used to cleanse someone who had become defiled and unclean due to touching a dead body, we begin to understand that this law was an incredibly effective medical law as well as a spiritual law"

Of course, it is not clear how much of the cedar and hyssop oil would remain after burning in the fire. There was probably some. But perhaps God was interested more in the symbolism of cleansing agents here than their actual effectiveness. Burning is itself symbolic of purification.
    Still, the discussion on open versus sealed containers in the area where someone died should convince any modern reader that God must have had germs in mind to some degree. And it is again worth noting, as in the highlights on leprosy, that there is no way Moses could have understood the need for such advanced medical precautions based on the available knowledge of the time. Divine inspiration is truly the only reasonable conclusion that can be reached.
    Last edited by notdecieved; February 4th, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
    1 John 4 : 4
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Israel

1 John 4 : 4
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Rabbi Richman - Back in the USA:
    June/July 2011 Speaking Engagement Tour...

http://www.templeinstitute.org/events.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXaI...mbedded#at=196

6 months later, when we started this thread, The Red Heifer was a hot topic, and deep discussion.
    In the videothe Rabbi says at about 2:40 thur 2:55mins. That He admits to they now have several red heifers...!

YES WE HAVE THE RED HEIFER !!!

..............Hello !!!! Listen close to what he is saying...
    Last edited by mikie33; June 11th, 2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add a link

I had been thinking about this and I am glad someone lifted this thread! As I understand, it is not enough for them to have a red heifer, they need to find a vessel containing the ashes of the previous red heifer which was hidden when the Romans were destroying Jerusalem and the temple! They need to blend the ashes of the previous heifer with the new one together, otherwise it is not going to qualify.
    “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.
    Hebrews 12:5,6,7

hmmm, i was under the impression that they had the old ashes... i don't have a source for it... but i'm sure i read that they had the old ashes and would at least try to use them if all else failed. i wish i could remember where i read that... maybe it was the Temple Institute?

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    A heifer in the bull pen?? There's only one reason that I can think of for that scenario, and if it's supposed to be a pure, unblemished heifer, then well . . . that'd be kinda cow-nterproductive, wouldn'tcha think??
    You crack me up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    hmmm, i was under the impression that they had the old ashes... i don't have a source for it... but i'm sure i read that they had the old ashes and would at least try to use them if all else failed. i wish i could remember where i read that... maybe it was the Temple Institute?
    I remember reading an article last winter that they already have the old ashes.

Interesting.. Where were they hidden? I have to look up on this.
    “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.
    Hebrews 12:5,6,7

Old ashes not required.

Q. I have a question about the red heifer. I have a friend that tells me that they HAVE to have the ashes from the last burnt heifer to mix with the ashes of the next offering to cleanse the Temple. It’s a must he tells me. I cannot find anything on this. What will happen when they build the next Temple and need the ashes?

A. According to Rabbi Chaim Richman, an official of the Temple Institute and probably the world’s leading Jewish authority on the subject, there is no Biblical or traditional requirement for the ashes of the previous red heifer to be mixed with the next one.

If they wanted to begin building the Temple and needed to purify the workers, they could sacrifice a new one and proceed. They would only need ashes from the last one if they didn’t have a new one to sacrifice and didn’t want to wait for one to appear.

By the way, Rabbi Richman and others have been actively seeking a perfect red heifer for several years and have a breeding program in place with the goal of producing one. My guess is by the time they need one they’ll have it.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...-a-red-heifer/

userpen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikie33 View Post
    in the videothe rabbi says at about 2:40 thur 2:55mins. That he admits to they now have several red heifers...!

yes we have the red heifer !!!

..............hello !!!! Listen close to what he is saying...

HOLY COW!

Quote Originally Posted by userpen View Post
    HOLY COW!
    Oy . . .
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by userpen View Post
    HOLY COW!

tweety Guest

There is an “ancient prophecy” I know of that strongly implies it needs to reappear some time before the Millennium begins. During that day God will give shepherds after his own heart who will lead his people with knowledge and understanding. In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land, declares the LORD, men will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made Jeremiah 3:14-16

I look for it to reappear within the next 12 months, it would be the catalyst for rebuilding the third temple.

profitofsalvation Guest

Default Additional Requirements for Red Heifer Sacrifice

I've been reading about the red heifer for so long I don't remember--a couple of years (longer?). I did a search for a day and half on the Internet to find out information about her a number of months ago. That was my longest time searching to find information on her, but I had done others before that time.

There are two things that still need to be considered. At that point, she can be sacrificed and have validity.

First, although it is not "required" by every person involved (and there are two different camps on this issue), some believe that the ashes must be mixed with Moses' heifer's ashes to guarantee the validity of the ashes. If the red heifer is offered without those ashes which guarantee validity, the priest who goes in as "clean" could be unclean, and that would be an abomination to the Lord. He would likely die according to Jewish custom--bringing a priest in who is unclean. But on top of it, it would bring down the wrath of G-d (as the Jewish people write) because it is an abomination to send in an unclean priest. If you're inviting G-d back, you surely don't want to anger Him with your improper sacrifice or your improper methodology. Some also believe that the only "pure" (good, right or whatever) red heifer was the one Moses offered, so the tiny bit of ashes from her in the mix are really the only pure, clean ashes. (It is said that Moses was the only one who understood the sacrifice fully, and everyone to this day doesn't understand the significance of it--therefore, it must be done exactly correctly, and if he was the only one who really understood, what mistakes could the rest of us make by offering a tainted sacrifice?) All other red heifers are just adding mix to the real stuff according to this group. Again, if this supposition is correct (she is the only pure one), then if they offer a red heifer and don't use any miniscule part of the first one, they're again asking for trouble, and the sacrifice could be rejected, but it also could be an abomination--you don't want to anger the G-d and become an abomination as a people to Him. And the priest could/would die. Since they have spent many years raising up the "right" priests, and they are all young men now, they surely don't want their best priests to die from an error in their judgment. Only Moses knew the true significance of the red heifer, so only her ashes are perfect sacrificial ashes.

The second point, as I understand it, is that the red heifer must be sacrificed on a specific rock which faces the temple. I am not clear on what that problem involves, but it was suggested that it could be that either she cannot see the temple mount area (it is blocked by Muslims), and if she cannot see it, she cannot be sacrificed. (There still seems to be some discrepancy about where the original temple was built though there are factions that say it is settled--I'm not sure of that.) Of course, this also precludes her from being sacrificed at night when she could not see the temple mount.

It is possible and also suggested that they do not want to sacrifice her on this high rock and draw attention--causing an uprising since it would be considered that they were trying to usurp their position over the Muslim rights to the temple mount area. They don't want the uprising, and they don't need to have their sacrifice defiled by the Muslims before they are able to do the offering with her ashes.

Things are not quite ready for her. There seems to be a great deal of quiet about the heifer now. There is little being said, and much was said when there was no red heifer. But now, not much is said. I suspect that is a sign for us.

I remember when the last heifer was thought to be "the one," then she turned out to have white hairs. It was after that time that red Angus were sent to Israel that were very likely to be red without white hairs. I imagine they have her now, and I think there is reason to believe she is 2 or 3.

If she has to be sacrificed before she is four (and I think she is around three now), the sacrifice must be soon. Since she is the first one "born" (if this indeed is true) in Israel in several thousand years, she will be sacrificed I am sure. I am very, very interested in her sacrifice because I do believe it is the nation crying out to G-d for forgiveness--and He will respond if their sacrifice is valid and proper. The time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Prophetess View Post
    ...I do believe it is the nation crying out to G-d for forgiveness--and He will respond if their sacrifice is valid and proper. The time is right.
    Israel's national repentance will come at the end of the Tribulation when they cry out to Him as Messiah:

9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
    Zechariah 12:9-10

That will fulfill what Jesus told them:

34O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

35Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
    Luke 13:34-35

Any slaying of any red heifer will avail them nothing, God wants obedience (to believe His Son, John 6:28-29) rather than sacrifice even precisely done.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Any slaying of any red heifer will avail them nothing, God wants obedience (to believe His Son, John 6:28-29) rather than sacrifice even precisely done.
    Agreed, though such an event will trigger 'something'...
    Last edited by Hootmon; July 30th, 2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Speeling