Thread: Help-- chicken giblets!

Default Help-- chicken giblets!

HELP--- chicken giblets!!! I got a small chicken fryer for soup and I can't find the giblets.... The package says to remove them....I have searched inside....but I can't find them!! will it ruin my soup if the chicken is cooked with them inside.... Thanks all!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I wouldnt worry about it in a soup.

Do you just throw the whole thing in? It it were me Id cut it up first.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    I wouldnt worry about it in a soup.

Do you just throw the whole thing in? It it were me Id cut it up first.
    Thanks for the tip!! That's a better idea....lol....

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Medium Onion. Chopped
    3 ribs of Celery. Chopped
    2 Carrots. Chopped

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
    Lots of Parsley. Easy does it on the other three.

Chicken buillion instead of salt, to taste.

When the veggies are all tender then add the noodles. Cook them until they arent quite done. Reduce the heat to its lowest setting and add a few grinds of black pepper.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    1 Medium Onion. Chopped
    3 ribs of Celery. Chopped
    2 Carrots. Chopped

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
    Lots of Parsley. Easy does it on the other three.

Chicken buillion instead of salt, to taste.

When the veggies are all tender then add the noodles. Cook them until they arent quite done. Reduce the heat to its lowest setting and add a few grinds of black pepper.
    I got it! I got lucky with the spices...i kind of guessed on those and I guessed correctly except lots of parsley.... Thank you!! I wish that I could zap people through my computer to help me when i need help....like when I cut up the chicken!! lol.... that would have been so helpful....

Sometimes the chicken comes without the "giblets". If they're there, they put them inside the bird's cavity, usually with a couple of slabs of fat to raise the poundage...
    Tall Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Sometimes the chicken comes without the "giblets". If they're there, they put them inside the bird's cavity, usually with a couple of slabs of fat to raise the poundage...
    It's funny that you should say that because I did notice slabs of fat in there....but no giblets....the package said to take the giblets out....maybe they forgot to put them in? lol