Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds flock to see image of Virgin Mary on Miami altar

Tenbear2808 Guest

Dont you think that the reason the Lord has not allowed certain artifacts to be found is to prevent idol worship?

If the Ark of the Covenant or Noah's Ark or something else as big in importance was found, how many would flock to "IT" rather than to God Himself?

Stigmatas are so deceiving.

Theresa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbear2808 View Post
    Dont you think that the reason the Lord has not allowed certain artifacts to be found is to prevent idol worship?
    If the Ark of the Covenant or Noah's Ark or something else as big in importance was found, how many would flock to "IT" rather than to God Himself?

Stigmatas are so deceiving.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head!

A BELIEVER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Taylorz View Post
    Why is there a sudden rush , when things like this occur???..Im, still baffled by it???
    They are empty and are looking for salvation the Catholic Church can not fill the void, so they turn to anything. They are not taught salvation is by the Lord only. So they grasp at every straw thinking "this might be it", they are so deep in the dark they can't see the light and the Catholic Church want let them see the light.

Claire-Marie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTinCheryl View Post
    these are just the "apparitions of Mary" junk...satanically originated..( lying signs and wonders)..These apparitions will help unite the Apostate Catholic harlot church who pray to and worship mary, and the Muslims together... all will come together in the Trib.....
    the Roman Catholic church sees mary as co-redeemer with JESUS

JESUS is LORD.. and JESUS is the ONLY way to the Father

theres NO other name in heaven for which a man can be saved!!

How can you say that apparitions of Mary originate from Satan? If you bother to look in to the Marian Apparitions, you will all she is doing is preparing us for the times that we are facing now. The End Times. The main aim is to bring people back to Jesus before it is too late. How can that be from Satan? Just as prophets and angels heralded Jesus' birth, so she is announcing the second coming of her Son.

Mary is not "worshipped" in the Catholic Faith, she is honoured as the Mother of God and there is a big difference. What are you going to say to her when you meet her in Heaven? I for one am glad that I can say that i know and love the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but also that i acknowledge Mary and her role in salvation - without her Jesus would not have been born. Come on people - think. What will you say to Jesus when he asks you why you rejected the mother that he loves so much?

Beth O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Claire-Marie View Post
    Mary is not "worshipped" in the Catholic Faith, she is honoured as the Mother of God and there is a big difference. What are you going to say to her when you meet her in Heaven? I for one am glad that I can say that i know and love the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but also that i acknowledge Mary and her role in salvation - without her Jesus would not have been born. Come on people - think. What will you say to Jesus when he asks you why you rejected the mother that he loves so much?
    Please tell me because I didn't know Mary had a role in my salvation. What is her role and please back it up with scripture.

Yes, I believe that Mary was honored by God to be able to give birth to our Messiah. Although, Jesus is clear that Mary is no different then any other human.

Matthew 12:47-50 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
    Jesus is also clear that there is only one way to the Father and that is through Him.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Do you really believe with out Mary Jesus would have never been born?

Theresa Guest

How can you say that apparitions of Mary originate from Satan? If you bother to look in to the Marian Apparitions, you will all she is doing is preparing us for the times that we are facing now. The End Times. The main aim is to bring people back to Jesus before it is too late. How can that be from Satan? Just as prophets and angels heralded Jesus' birth, so she is announcing the second coming of her Son. I cannot think of any occurrence in the Bible where a deceased person heralded anything - God sent angels to do that. How can these things be from Satan? Satan can take on any appearance he wishes and trick us. How perfect is it that satan can take on any appearance (say, a woman held in esteem ), act all nice and sweet, giving and kind, and then when he has people roped in, turn on those people. That is what he is doing. Mary is not "worshipped" in the Catholic Faith, she is honoured as the Mother of God and there is a big difference. What are you going to say to her when you meet her in Heaven?
    "Well, hello. From one mother to another, it must have been wonderful carrying the Saviour of humanity." I don't know what I'll say to her, I've never thought about it, because the One I look forward to seeing the most is JESUS.
    I for one am glad that I can say that i know and love the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but also that i acknowledge Mary and her role in salvation -
    Mary has absolutely no role in salvation. She was the vessel that God chose to bring forth His Son.without her Jesus would not have been born.
    Without her, God would have used another virgin from David's line. Mary was not the important being here.
    Come on people - think. What will you say to Jesus when he asks you why you rejected the mother that he loves so much?
    He won't be asking that, so I have absolutely no worries about it. Mary will be another sister-in-Christ that I will have the privilege of meeting.
    God bless.

Claire-Marie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beth O View Post
    Please tell me because I didn't know Mary had a role in my salvation. What is her role and please back it up with scripture.

Yes, I believe that Mary was honored by God to be able to give birth to our Messiah. Although, Jesus is clear that Mary is no different then any other human.

Jesus is also clear that there is only one way to the Father and that is through Him.

Do you really believe with out Mary Jesus would have never been born?
    Beth,

Mary's only role in salvation is that she said 'yes' to God when he asked her to give birth to the Messiah. There were no questions asked, no "maybe's" no "Can I have time to think about it?" Just a straightforward yes. It is true that Jesus is the only way to salvation, of course he is! But people forget that Mary was instrumental in God's plan to carry this out.

To answer your last question, Mary was chosen from the beginning of time to fulfill her role, he knew that she would be as perfect as she was. She does not have any direct role in salvation, but should be acknowledged in the grand scheme of things. Try looking up the Marian Apparitions and their messages and make your own decision. To me, she seems to be a mother desperately crying out to her children to come back to Jesus before it is too late!

Claire-Marie Guest

Theresa,

I'm not going to argue every point with you and get into a slanging match. From what you have written i can tell that you have not read the messages of the apparitions or you would not be reacting like this. Maybe you should look into what she is saying and get back to me about them being from Satan. She is often accompanied by angels and her sole purpose is to talk about the Second Coming of her Son, Jesus. She is a Mother, desperately pleading with us here on earth to come back to her Son before it is too late - why is that so offensive and threatening to you?

Claire-Marie Guest

PS Who do you think this woman is in Revelation? She seems to have quite an important role in all of this - hardly just another Sister in Christ, Theresa.

Revelation 12: 1-17

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Beth O Guest

Beth,

Mary's only role in salvation is that she said 'yes' to God when he asked her to give birth to the Messiah. There were no questions asked, no "maybe's" no "Can I have time to think about it?" Just a straightforward yes. It is true that Jesus is the only way to salvation, of course he is! But people forget that Mary was instrumental in God's plan to carry this out.
    OK good just what I thought Mary has no role in my salvation.

To answer your last question, Mary was chosen from the beginning of time to fulfill her role, he knew that she would be as perfect as she was. She does not have any direct role in salvation, but should be acknowledged in the grand scheme of things. Try looking up the Marian Apparitions and their messages and make your own decision. To me, she seems to be a mother desperately crying out to her children to come back to Jesus before it is too late!
    This clarifies your view to me perfectly. "To me" I look to scripture alone to answer these important questions.

We have the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ clearly taught in the Word of God. We don't have to look to Mary to find Christ.

There is a woman described in the book of Revelation that is drawing all of the apostate Churches to her in forming the one world religion of those that will worship the beast. Beware!!

Revelation 18:3-4 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

How can you say that apparitions of Mary originate from Satan? If you bother to look in to the Marian Apparitions, you will all she is doing is preparing us for the times that we are facing now.

FALSE. The Holy Spirit is sent to prepare us. Not an "apparition". Jesus clearly states that after he was gone that he would send the Holy Spirit. He did not say, "When I am gone, I will send my mother to help you prepare for the end times." If this were the case, the Word would tell us so.

The End Times. The main aim is to bring people back to Jesus before it is too late. How can that be from Satan? Just as prophets and angels heralded Jesus' birth, so she is announcing the second coming of her Son.

This is unscriptural. It can be found no where in the Bible. Since Jesus doesn't even know when he is exactly coming back(Only the Father in Heaven), then how would his mother know? The only annoucement will be a shofar blowing, not a woman apparation appearing in odd places.

Mary said yes. If she hadn't, God would have found someone else.
    She has no role in salvation. The Bible is clear that it comes from Christ ALONE. I find it very troubling that people believe that Mary "had a role in salvation." The Bible is very clear that salvation comes from the LORD only. I guess if I would deem someone as having a role in salvation.....that is a form of worship.

Do you think that Jesus loves his mother more than you? More than me?
    Matt 12:48 says, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Beth O Guest

PS Who do you think this woman is in Revelation? She seems to have quite an important role in all of this - hardly just another Sister in Christ, Theresa.

Revelation 12: 1-17

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    Might I suggest a good commentary to help with the harder to understand passages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Bible Notes
    Rev 12:1
    With the seventh trumpet the mystery of God was to be finished. Chapter Rev 10:7. This has already sounded, and "the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ." Chap Rev 11:15. We cannot therefore, with any degree of probability, suppose that the long series of persecutions and trials predicted in this and the following chapters belongs to the seventh trumpet. Both the numbers contained in these prophecies, and their general character, identify them with those previously recorded. Accordingly there is a general agreement among expositors that the vision here goes back to the primitive days of Christianity, and gives a new series of revelations containing a more interior and spiritual view of the history of the church, that of the preceding series having been more outward and providential. A woman; undoubtedly a symbol of God's church. Clothed with the sun; with the glory of Christ's presence, and the graces of his Spirit. The moon; according to some, a symbol of all sublunary things; others, with more reason, regard it as a symbol of the less glory of the Mosaic economy. A crown of twelve stars; the twelve apostles of the New Testament, answering to the twelve tribes of the Old. Twelve is the symbol of God's people. Compare chapter Rev 21:12, Rev 21:14, where the twelve angels of the twelve gates represent the twelve tribes of Israel; and the twelve foundations the twelve apostles. We can in this world but faintly conceive the glories with which saints in heaven are crowned, and to which, after their days of trial, all true believers will be for ever exalted.

Claire-Marie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beth O View Post
    OK good just what I thought Mary has no role in my salvation.

This clarifies your view to me perfectly. "To me" I look to scripture alone to answer these important questions.

We have the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ clearly taught in the Word of God. We don't have to look to Mary to find Christ.

There is a woman described in the book of Revelation that is drawing all of the apostate Churches to her in forming the one world religion of those that will worship the beast. Beware!!

I can see that speaking about the Mother of God with love deeply offends people on this site and i can't understand this when people claim to love Jesus so much. Who was with him throughout his Passion? Who supported him through his life and ministery? I actually didnt say that you had to look to Mary to find Christ but she should be acknowledged. I said " To me" because I have looked into the Marian Apparitions and am giving an opinion, which i thought was allowed on this site. I just know that I won't be able to look my Saviour in the eye if I have openly rejected his mother. You might be able to.

Beth O Guest

I can see that speaking about the Mother of God with love deeply offends people on this site and i can't understand this when people claim to love Jesus so much. Who was with him throughout his Passion? Who supported him through his life and ministery? I actually didnt say that you had to look to Mary to find Christ but she should be acknowledged. I said " To me" because I have looked into the Marian Apparitions and am giving an opinion, which i thought was allowed on this site. I just know that I won't be able to look my Saviour in the eye if I have openly rejected his mother. You might be able to.
    Speaking blasphemy is not tolerated on this site and you will have many speak the truth of God's Word to you in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Way of Life Encyclopedia
    MARY
    (bitterness, sorrow). There are many Marys in the Bible. The following are some of the most well known:

MARY, MOTHER OF JESUS (Mat 1:18-25; 2:13-23; 12:46; Mrk 3:21; Luk 1:26-56; 2:1-52; 8:19-21; Joh 2:1-5; 19:25; Act 1:14). Bible facts about Mary: (1) She is never called the `mother of God.' While Mary was the mother of Jesus as a man; the eternal Son of God had no beginning (Mic 5:2; Joh 1:1). Mary cannot therefore be called the mother of God, and is never so called by Bible writers. (2) Mary had other children after she bore Jesus; she was not a perpetual virgin (Mat 13:55-56). (3) Mary was not sinless (Luk 1:47; Rom 3:23). (4) The Bible does not say Mary ascended to Heaven; this is purely a man-made doctrine. (5) The Apostles and prophets did not exalt Mary. There is not one mention of Mary in the N.T. epistles from Romans to Revelation. Yes, Mary was blessed above other women to have had the privilege of bringing the Savior into the world, but this allows no foundation for calling Mary the Mother of God, Queen of Heaven, Mediatrix, etc. (6) The only mention of Queen of Heaven in the Bible refers, not to Mary, but to a heathen idol (Jer 44:18-19).

Wow. The woman in Revelation is Israel.

Secondly, Mary was not perfect.....she was human and in need of a Savior just like you and me.

Thirdly, you keep saying, "Mother of God,".....but God has no mother. Jesus Christ, to be born on this earth had a mother, but to state "Mother of God", is place her before God.

Mary didn't support him through his whole ministry and whole life. She was a married woman with a household and other children to raise.

We on this board are not rejecting Mary being the mother of Christ. We are rejecting the idea that she is to be placed up as an idol, and the idea that she is appearing around the world. Big, big difference. I would be afraid to look her in the eyes after I had prayed to her instead of her son. I would want to tell her that I am thankful that her son was ALL I EVER NEEDED. ALL I EVER NEEDED FOR PRAYER AND SALVATION. HIS SACRIFICE WAS ENOUGH. I want to tell her that I never prayed to anyone else.....much like a bride that never gave her self to another man.

Theresa Guest

Look, I was Catholic at one time. I also worked in a Catholic school (named after Mary, no less). I experienced/witnessed more Mary worship (call it what you like) than I care to remember. Mary was obviously a special woman, but she was not the only special woman chosen by God to fulfill His will in some way, and she is not the way to God. Jesus is the only way. I focus on Jesus, only. Do I look forward to meeting Mary one time? Yep, but no more than any other saint (and I believe that all believers are saints, not just those people that the RCC has named as such). I am not offended by Mary in the least; I am offended by the reverence and awe that she is shown by the RCC and many, many Catholics.

Claire-Marie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by House of Light View Post
    Wow. The woman in Revelation is Israel.

Secondly, Mary was not perfect.....she was human and in need of a Savior just like you and me.

Thirdly, you keep saying, "Mother of God,".....but God has no mother. Jesus Christ, to be born on this earth had a mother, but to state "Mother of God", is place her before God.

Mary didn't support him through his whole ministry and whole life. She was a married woman with a household and other children to raise.

We on this board are not rejecting Mary being the mother of Christ. We are rejecting the idea that she is to be placed up as an idol, and the idea that she is appearing around the world. Big, big difference. I would be afraid to look her in the eyes after I had prayed to her instead of her son. I would want to tell her that I am thankful that her son was ALL I EVER NEEDED. ALL I EVER NEEDED FOR PRAYER AND SALVATION. HIS SACRIFICE WAS ENOUGH. I want to tell her that I never prayed to anyone else.....much like a bride that never gave her self to another man.
    Nowhere did I say she should be idolised, but I have had this sort of attack before when I have mentioned her. As for the "Mother of God" - JESUS IS GOD. You obviously see me as a misguided soul in need of your help (which is wrong) but your manner is hardly Christian. In fact, all of the replies have been angry and childish. As for her having other children, where is that in the Bible?

Claire-Marie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Look, I was Catholic at one time. I also worked in a Catholic school (named after Mary, no less). I experienced/witnessed more Mary worship (call it what you like) than I care to remember. Mary was obviously a special woman, but she was not the only special woman chosen by God to fulfill His will in some way, and she is not the way to God. Jesus is the only way. I focus on Jesus, only. Do I look forward to meeting Mary one time? Yep, but no more than any other saint (and I believe that all believers are saints, not just those people that the RCC has named as such). I am not offended by Mary in the least; I am offended by the reverence and awe that she is shown by the RCC and many, many Catholics.
    I'm not a Catholic

Theresa Guest

I'm not a Catholic
    I didn't say you were, now did I? I was, however, and witnessed the whole Mary experience. I said that to show that I did have some experience with the subject. Never again - at least not willingly.

Claire-Marie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    I didn't say you were, now did I? I was, however, and witnessed the whole Mary experience. I said that to show that I did have some experience with the subject. Never again - at least not willingly.
    Well i think we can safely say that everything i have said has been misconstrued and misinterpreted. I've never once said that Mary should be worshipped - in fact I've said the opposite. But people will read it the way they want to and jump on the bandwagon to attack. It's one of the first posts i have replied to as i felt strongly about it. If i was any less spiritually mature, the reactions and the way they have been written would seriously put me off being here. But that won't happen. I'll post when I feel that I need to as I did tonight.