Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Children In Heaven ~ 2 Cor 1:3-4

Rmf3175 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kgreen20 View Post
    I don't know of any Scriptures that come right out and say it, no. But neither are there any Scriptures that come right out and say, "Yes, you will be Raptured before the Tribulation begins" or "No, you will stay behind to endure the Tribulation, then get Raptured at its end." But the abundance of evidence from what we do find in the Scriptures favors the pre-Trib view. The same goes for there being an age of accountability.
    I was in a bible study a long time ago, and recall the age of accountability having some similarity to the children of the Israelites in the desert being spared in Exodus. I just can't remember how it went, but I remember the two having something to do with one another.

I am not really sure about the "age of accountability". I know many who received Christ into their hearts as young as 3/4 years old. God would also foreknow who would come to faith in him had they lived out their lives. I also agree with earlier post about the great flood and the sodom children not being spared and also God telling the Jews to put to death every living thing with regard to their enemies in battle and that included children. I do not think we remotely understand the incredible holiness and wrath of God! Thank God for the precious blood of Jesus in our lives!!!

Default The babies and children of unbelievers

The babies and children of unbelievers

I have heard many people on this board say that babies and children under the age of accountably without Christian parents will go to heaven this sounds great. But where in scripture does it say this?

The accounts of Noah who found favor in the eyes of the Lord and was a righteous man and he walked with God, Genesis 6:8-9 his sons were sanctified through the faith of Noah, for we see the act of Ham and he was cursed. Through Shem we have Abraham. Through Japheth we have Magog… When God destroyed the world with a flood all men woman and children were destroyed except 8 Noah his wife his sons and there wife’s.

In 1Corinthians 7:14 for the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

Sanctified in this sense does not mean saved. They at least have the advantage of being under the sanctifying influence of one Christian parent and so may be called Holy until the age of accountability, than they must make a decision before they die.

In the time of Lot, Sodom was sanctified through Lot and prospered until Genesis 18:20-21 And the LORD said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

Lot his wife and his two daughters were taken out of Sodom and Gomorrah they were sanctified through the faith of Lot but this sanctification did not save them. There faith was not in God but in man. Lots wife is just salt in the wind; his two daughters got Lot drunk and lay with him, we got the Moabites and Ammonites which are no longer with us. But as for the inhabitance of Sodom and Gomorrah every man woman and child were destroyed.

Joshua and the fall of Jericho, only Rahab and the people in her house were spared or sanctified as for the rest of Jericho every man woman and child and every living thing in it were destroyed.

When the Rapture happens we know true believing Christians will be taken to be with Christ and our children (under the age of accountability) for they were made Holy through our faith. But as for the unbelieving parents there children are not sanctified. What will happen to these aborted babies and children? God does not tell us, we know he is a loving and merciful God, and we pray for his Mercy and Grace for the flesh that we now live in does not know the mind of the Lord as Isaiah 40:13 who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him?

We are instructed never to add to the word of God - Proverbs 30:5-6 every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

We must be careful in what we say to unbelievers and believers. After the rapture if babies and children of unbelievers are still here than the word’s we have spoken were lies. If someone tells you a story they believe is true, but later you find out it was a lie the person that told you this story is a gossiper, because they have not searched for the truth. We as Christians must search the Word of God just like Bereans as it says in Acts 17:11 these were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

May the Lord Jesus bless you all.

Jack

dramama Guest

Scripture is silent about this, but you have just opened one of the biggest can of worms on this board....good luck!!!
    Last edited by dramama; November 30th, 2007 at 01:03 PM.

JenGC Guest

Oh man! I am sure some of you guys know that I have been struggling with the idea of adoption. After the Middle East summit and many saying that within a year we might be raptured. I kept having a feeling of urgency to start the adoption but then I thought "it really won't matter though. The child will be raptured anyway" due to the idea that all children under the age of accountability will be raptured.

If this is true, then I am DEFINITELY getting this thing going.

Butterflykisses Guest

I believe children are saved to age accountability..........

JenGC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflykisses View Post
    I believe children are saved to age accountability..........
    Why?

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
    Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    Living in the land of the reprobate minds...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation. I can't thank you enough.

JenGC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
    Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    That makes me think that Jesus refers to children because their mind is open and easier to believe things.

Butterflykisses Guest

Butterflykisses Guest

If we are so near to the end, do you think God would be so cruel to allow un believing people to have children, just for these babies to go to hell. that would be saying condemn the baby cuz of association?? they cant decide for themselves yet.

Butterflykisses Guest

It seems like there is a baby boom going on all around people i know.

Josiah Guest

This article may help. I can't bear the thought of a child/baby being sent to hell.

Age of Accountability

The verses that Jack (OP) supplied showed that the people were physically destroyed and, while I believe those adults who were destroyed were separated from God (and sent to hell), I can't imagine that the innocent children were (even though because of their father's sins, they had to face PHYSICAL destruction).

JenGC Guest

[sigh] ok. Thank you. I was really beginning to be upset there. WHEW!

Quote Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
    That makes me think that Jesus refers to children because their mind is open and easier to believe things.
    same here

It seems like there is a baby boom going on all around people i know.

I have noticed the same thing. I thought it was b/c i was pregnant that i noticed so many others.. But talking with a nurse at a local hospital -- she said they have hit records this year in births.. Interesting.

I believe there is an age of accountability.... but i wonder and i say this having no idea at all.. if those in unsaved homes how are they covered? It says in Corinthians i believe that those children with believing parents are covered by them..?

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
    This article may help. I can't bear the thought of a child/baby being sent to hell.

Age of Accountability

The verses that Jack (OP) supplied showed that the people were physically destroyed and, while I believe those adults who were destroyed were separated from God (and sent to hell), I can't imagine that the innocent children were (even though because of their father's sins, they had to face PHYSICAL destruction).

Me either.. It just doesn't seem like the God we serve, does it... Our God created these children and knew who their parents were beforehand..

Quote Originally Posted by dramama View Post
    Scripture is silent about this, but you have just opened on of the biggest can of worms on this board....good luck!!!

Ain't that the truth
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

If we are so near to the end, do you think God would be so cruel to allow un believing people to have children, just for these babies to go to hell. that would be saying condemn the baby cuz of association?? they cant decide for themselves yet.
    did he do this with Noah? Lot? Jericho? God is not cruel, all I am saying is that scripture does not back what you are saying. When we get there than we will know. I am not saying these babies are going to hell. I don't know what he will do, but what ever he does do, it is good. But I will not teach what he has not taught. I will NOT add to His Word. Amen

I'm searching for verses about little children:

Deu 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Deu 1:40 But [as for] you, turn you, and take your journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea.
    Living in the land of the reprobate minds...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation. I can't thank you enough.