Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 2970

Thread: ~ Children In Heaven ~ 2 Cor 1:3-4

  1. #201
    A Berean Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMist View Post
    What about those that were killed in the village? The one where God ordered them all to be killed from infant to elderly. Where are those infants to the age of accountability?
    I believe they are in Heaven. What do you believe?

  2. #202
    CelticMist Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Berean View Post
    I believe they are in Heaven. What do you believe?
    Not sure! That's why I asked the question.

    I know the village was full of pure evil... the children were killed so they would not grow up to be like the generations before them. But, couldn't they have been spared? Why were those that were not at the age of accountability killed? Infants, toddlers ... even some to the age of like six or seven.... you know what I mean. Why did they all have to be killed?

  3. #203
    CelticMist Guest

    Default

    I think even children of non believers will be taken in the rapture.

  4. #204
    Butterflykisses Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMist View Post
    I think even children of non believers will be taken in the rapture.

  5. #205
    CelticMist Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflykisses View Post

  6. #206
    A Berean Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMist View Post
    Not sure! That's why I asked the question.

    I know the village was full of pure evil... the children were killed so they would not grow up to be like the generations before them. But, couldn't they have been spared? Why were those that were not at the age of accountability killed? Infants, toddlers ... even some to the age of like six or seven.... you know what I mean. Why did they all have to be killed?
    Probably for the same reason all the babies and little children of Sodom and Gomorrah died- the answer to which lies with God. There were also instances where not only all the people were to die, but also their livestock. I don't know why , but I do know our God is righteous and just and loving, and IMHO, I believe the little ones went to be with the Lord .

  7. #207
    A Berean Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMist View Post
    I think even children of non believers will be taken in the rapture.
    Me too!!

  8. #208
    KarenB Guest

    Default

    Still no one has given me an answer to my post (nr.80).
    And having read on, there came the story to my mind about Elisha and the children of Bethel 2 Kings 2:23-24.They scoffed him, he cursed them and then 2 female bears killed 42 of them!

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    14,599

    Default Our God is not a cruel God.

    He will reward His children, and for the rest, will, vengeance will be His. There is a verse in the old testament that says (more or less) that during judgment He will mock those who have mocked His children. I think what we may divine as cruelty may be righteousness beyond our ability to comprehend.

    There are folks out there that say that it would be cruel to send anyone to hell and therefore He will send nobody to hell. Go figure, many believe that yet you could probably read from any page of the bible and that idea would be contradicted by the Word on whichever page you read.

    This has been an interesting thread. If the children of believers are sanctified, even those who are married to an unbeliever, then we might conclude that the children of unbelievers are not sanctified, which might mean that they'll end up in a hard place if they pass away at a young age.

    I agree with Dramama that this may be one of the many areas that could be called mysterious to us, and we'll just have to wait and see.

    And what is the difference between a kid with a mean streak and an adult who was abused in every which way as a child and knew nothing but wickedness, and as an adult, is nothing but wicked... there is a difference of a few years. I wonder about those who fill our prisons who are neurologically disordered in a way that partially explains the trouble they get into. Are they fully responsible for their crimes before God? I suspect so, just like everyone else. I think about this sort of thing some times, and I also include the thought, "there but for the grace of God go I". In the end I suspect that those who spend eternity in God's presence will be only those whose sins have been washed away by the blood of the lamb, who in faith, follow that narrow path that leads towards righteousness and perfection in Jesus, and hopefully their children who are not mature enough to choose Jesus and/or good over evil.

    Praise the Lord from whom all good things come.
    Tall Timbers

  10. #210
    JesusRules Guest

    Default Good time to be a Panamilenist

    Just know that with a just God, everything will pan out in the end.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The babies and children of unbelievers

    I have heard many people on this board say that babies and children under the age of accountably without Christian parents will go to heaven this sounds great. But where in scripture does it say this?

    The accounts of Noah who found favor in the eyes of the Lord and was a righteous man and he walked with God, Genesis 6:8-9 his sons were sanctified through the faith of Noah, for we see the act of Ham and he was cursed. Through Shem we have Abraham. Through Japheth we have Magog… When God destroyed the world with a flood all men woman and children were destroyed except 8 Noah his wife his sons and there wife’s.

    In 1Corinthians 7:14 for the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

    Sanctified in this sense does not mean saved. They at least have the advantage of being under the sanctifying influence of one Christian parent and so may be called Holy until the age of accountability, than they must make a decision before they die.

    In the time of Lot, Sodom was sanctified through Lot and prospered until Genesis 18:20-21 And the LORD said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

    Lot his wife and his two daughters were taken out of Sodom and Gomorrah they were sanctified through the faith of Lot but this sanctification did not save them. There faith was not in God but in man. Lots wife is just salt in the wind; his two daughters got Lot drunk and lay with him, we got the Moabites and Ammonites which are no longer with us. But as for the inhabitance of Sodom and Gomorrah every man woman and child were destroyed.

    Joshua and the fall of Jericho, only Rahab and the people in her house were spared or sanctified as for the rest of Jericho every man woman and child and every living thing in it were destroyed.

    When the Rapture happens we know true believing Christians will be taken to be with Christ and our children (under the age of accountability) for they were made Holy through our faith. But as for the unbelieving parents there children are not sanctified. What will happen to these aborted babies and children? God does not tell us, we know he is a loving and merciful God, and we pray for his Mercy and Grace for the flesh that we now live in does not know the mind of the Lord as Isaiah 40:13 who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him?

    We are instructed never to add to the word of God - Proverbs 30:5-6 every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

    We must be careful in what we say to unbelievers and believers. After the rapture if babies and children of unbelievers are still here than the word’s we have spoken were lies. If someone tells you a story they believe is true, but later you find out it was a lie the person that told you this story is a gossiper, because they have not searched for the truth. We as Christians must search the Word of God just like Bereans as it says in Acts 17:11 these were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

    May the Lord Jesus bless you all.

    Jack

    I have to say I just trust in the Love & Mercy of the Lord. I know the character of our God and he is a just judge. I may not know how God applies judgement/salvation to children, babies or unborn babies who are not able understand the gospel message and respond. I do know the God's Son died for all and I'm sure that includes children. How? Don't know but God does!

    One thing I would like to point out is that we all die. Death doesn't signify that you are not saved, it is merely a product of the Fall in the Garden of Eden when mankind was cursed with death.

    I'm sure God weeps over all the little children that through various circumstances in this world have been killed or died without reaching maturity.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the world but not of it
    Posts
    14,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMist View Post
    Not sure! That's why I asked the question.

    I know the village was full of pure evil... the children were killed so they would not grow up to be like the generations before them. But, couldn't they have been spared? Why were those that were not at the age of accountability killed? Infants, toddlers ... even some to the age of like six or seven.... you know what I mean. Why did they all have to be killed?
    One possible reason is the gene pool problem... http://rr-bb.com/showpost.php?p=298577&postcount=170

  13. #213
    Teacup Guest

    Default

    I realize that the "doctrine of election" is disturbing to many people, but it would explain the answer to the OP.

    He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy....

    Hey, I don't like it either (in my fleshly mind), but its in the scripture. Read Romans 8 & 9. DLee

  14. #214
    jlihs Guest

    Default

    I have long believed that children who have not reached the "age of accountability" would be raptured because they were not old enough to make the decision to follow Christ. However, after having read everyone's posts I can say I am no longer certain. I would still like to believe they would be raptured (maybe due to my maternal and christan mind-set), but I can't be 100% positive. I'm sure that what ever God has in mind for those little children, it will be JUST because He is a JUST God.

    Lastly, this uncertainty just gives me one more reason to proclaim the GOOD NEWS. God bless you all and may God bless those little ones.

  15. #215
    Biblenuggetlady Guest

    Default

    We all have our viewpoints, but scripture is silent on this matter. Personally, I do not believe all children will be taken in the rapture or disappear from mother's wombs, but the admonition not to say either way "explicitely" is a good one; we do not want to be adding to God's Word and we need to be careful not to be dogmatic on the issue.

    Butterfly...you say God is a just God so why would he not rapture all children....but then you say children are born in the Trib. So...why would a just God allow children to be born in such a horrible time? I don't want to argue this point, but I ask that you please do not accuse others here of believing God is cruel if they do not agree with your viewpoint, that is a severe judgment to make of other brothers and sisters in Christ.

    God is a just God and He knows ALL things-we just need to trust Him and spread the Gospel while there is still time.

  16. #216
    The Learner Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
    Still no one has given me an answer to my post (nr.80).
    And having read on, there came the story to my mind about Elisha and the children of Bethel 2 Kings 2:23-24.They scoffed him, he cursed them and then 2 female bears killed 42 of them!

    In the story of Elisha the Hebrew word used doesn't indicate children, but young people. I do not know Hebrew, but this is the explanation that I have read time and time again.

  17. #217
    Butterflykisses Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The babies and children of unbelievers

    I have heard many people on this board say that babies and children under the age of accountably without Christian parents will go to heaven this sounds great. But where in scripture does it say this?

    The accounts of Noah who found favor in the eyes of the Lord and was a righteous man and he walked with God, Genesis 6:8-9 his sons were sanctified through the faith of Noah, for we see the act of Ham and he was cursed. Through Shem we have Abraham. Through Japheth we have Magog… When God destroyed the world with a flood all men woman and children were destroyed except 8 Noah his wife his sons and there wife’s.

    In 1Corinthians 7:14 for the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

    Sanctified in this sense does not mean saved. They at least have the advantage of being under the sanctifying influence of one Christian parent and so may be called Holy until the age of accountability, than they must make a decision before they die.

    In the time of Lot, Sodom was sanctified through Lot and prospered until Genesis 18:20-21 And the LORD said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

    Lot his wife and his two daughters were taken out of Sodom and Gomorrah they were sanctified through the faith of Lot but this sanctification did not save them. There faith was not in God but in man. Lots wife is just salt in the wind; his two daughters got Lot drunk and lay with him, we got the Moabites and Ammonites which are no longer with us. But as for the inhabitance of Sodom and Gomorrah every man woman and child were destroyed.

    Joshua and the fall of Jericho, only Rahab and the people in her house were spared or sanctified as for the rest of Jericho every man woman and child and every living thing in it were destroyed.

    When the Rapture happens we know true believing Christians will be taken to be with Christ and our children (under the age of accountability) for they were made Holy through our faith. But as for the unbelieving parents there children are not sanctified. What will happen to these aborted babies and children? God does not tell us, we know he is a loving and merciful God, and we pray for his Mercy and Grace for the flesh that we now live in does not know the mind of the Lord as Isaiah 40:13 who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him?

    We are instructed never to add to the word of God - Proverbs 30:5-6 every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

    We must be careful in what we say to unbelievers and believers. After the rapture if babies and children of unbelievers are still here than the word’s we have spoken were lies. If someone tells you a story they believe is true, but later you find out it was a lie the person that told you this story is a gossiper, because they have not searched for the truth. We as Christians must search the Word of God just like Bereans as it says in Acts 17:11 these were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

    May the Lord Jesus bless you all.

    Jack
    BiblenuggetLady, the op is about unsaved babies and children. I believe what I said because of scripture I have posted and others post. I do believe children will raptured and I believe children will be born during the trib. I do not believe these children go to hell, cuz the OP is stating they won't go to Heaven. I can not not phantom God creating a baby unable to decide for them selves and sending that child to hell. I DO NOT believe God would be cruel in doing that, I believe Him to be a just God and if the OP was right, then how is that Just to send a baby to hell. I know children die, for a reason, but I don't believe God sends babies to hell. God hates abortion, can't see it. Like I said I agree to disagree and we will see, I hope for ALL the babies and children, they go to Heaven. The only reason I replied to your post cuz your a mod. I said early I was done with this thread. Sorry, I can not help feel the way I do, as others have their feelings on this, too. It's not about being right.

  18. #218
    The Learner Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
    1: John 3. You must be born again to see the Kingdom.
    2: 1Cor.7:14 The sanctified husband/wife needs to come to faith and repentance as well to be saved. And children of 2 unbelieving parents are "unclean". Question: what does this "sanctified" and this "clean/unclean" mean?
    Don't take me wrong, I also hope that all children will be saved but we mustn't add to or take away from the Word. For me it still isn't completely clear but I do know that because of Adam and Eve's choice man became separated from God and only through faith and repentance > born again < , through Jesus the relation with God can be restored. This is what the Bible says isn't it? And if someone, for as long as he/she is a child, will/would be saved anyway, then why is 1Cor.7:14 (and John 3) in the Bible?
    This is a serious question from me, please answer in an honest way. Thank you all.

    Because in 1 Corinthians 7: 14 Paul isn't talking about the children being saved because their parents are saved.

    1 Corinthians 7:

    12To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.


    If you are a Christian and your husband is not, he is not saved by your being a Christian. This is attested to by many scriptures in the Bible stating that only faith in Jesus will bring salvation. Conversely your husband being unsaved has no bearing on your being saved.

    Now it stands to reason that believing parents do not necessarily produce believing children, conversely unbelieving parents do not necessarily produce unbelieving children. However believing parents are able to produce an environment that is conducive to having believing children.

    Now ask yourself this: Where do we get the idea that children who die before "the age of accountability" do not go to hell even though they were born in sin?

    We know that God is just, and we know that sin is willfully doing something that is against God'swill. So if a child is unable to know God's will, and unable to willfully do right or wrong, then why would that child be punished for sin?

    God is not some cosmic sadist, He is love, and He does not punish the innocent.

  19. #219
    KarenB Guest

    Default

    The Learner, thank you for your answers, it clears some things a little bit up and I have more food for thought.

  20. #220
    Butterflykisses Guest

    Default

    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=26342
    Quote by Emily Ruth
    These scriptures show that sin is an attitude of the heart - not a specific deed. Sin is rebellion against God - rebellion against what one knows is right and yet does what is self centered instead of God centered. Eve knew what was right and chose to do what she wanted to do rather than what she knew was right.

    I would like to know anyone elses' thoughts on these scriptures.

    John 9:41 Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains

    James 4: 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

    Romans 3:20
    Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

    Romans 5:13
    for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.
    __________________

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •