Page 12 of 149 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Children In Heaven ~ 2 Cor 1:3-4

KarenB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflykisses View Post
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=26342
    Quote by Emily Ruth
    These scriptures show that sin is an attitude of the heart - not a specific deed. Sin is rebellion against God - rebellion against what one knows is right and yet does what is self centered instead of God centered. Eve knew what was right and chose to do what she wanted to do rather than what she knew was right.

I would like to know anyone elses' thoughts on these scriptures.

John 9:41 Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains

James 4: 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Romans 3:20
    Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Romans 5:13
    for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.
    There has been no man who did not sin till death except Jesus. I think Paul put it well in Romans 7:13-25. Sin dwells in your members till death.

Butterflykisses Guest

I get that, my point was the accountability. for children/babies......

I get that, my point was the accountability. for children/babies......
    Parents are in authority over their children. If the child rebels against their parents by either not doing what they have been told or doing what they have been told not to do, then does that not make them a sinner and subject to judgement?

Butterflykisses Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anddrai View Post
    Parents are in authority over their children. If the child rebels against their parents by either not doing what they have been told or doing what they have been told not to do, then does that not make them a sinner and subject to judgement?
    I know this, you need to read the whole thread to understand my comment.

I know this, you need to read the whole thread to understand my comment.
    I've been keeping an eye on the thread and agree that the real issue is accountability. As to when that happens, well, there are 5-year olds who know full when when they are sinning and yet there are older children that still retain an air of innocence that seems to be getting rarer these days. I do believe that God knows exactly when someone is accountable and that when this happens will vary with different individuals. One thing I know, God is absolutely righteous in His judgements. He knows.
    Last edited by Anddra; December 11th, 2007 at 02:57 PM.

The argument here is what people want to believe. When some say they believe all babies and children under the age of accountability will go to heaven they are adding to Godís Word. Purgatory, praying for the dead this sounds good also, but we have Godís Word in the Bible that says this is false. But we still have millions of people that believe this. Why canít people just read his word with out adding to it? What is wrong with saying God is silent about this question. Why is it so bad in some peoples mind to just say I donít know, we will find out when we get there. God is a loving God He is just he is righteous he is all knowing. But if you teach this doctrine that all babies go to heaven, you are adding to Godís word, He has never said this.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 And if you say in your heart, ĎHow shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?íówhen a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

When I started this post I did not expect that some people on this board would add to Godís Word and so dogmatically.

I do not worry about the questions I have that the Lord does not give us the answer to. I know he is good He is the only one that is good. When we get to heaven all are questions will be answered. If all the babies and children under the age of accountably are there great if not we will understand. So please revere Godís Word do not Prophesy what he is silent about. He is Holy. Do not teach what He has not taught. This is the end of the mater you may do what ever you want to do, and teach what ever you want to teach. But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. The end.

A Berean Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The argument here is what people want to believe. When some say they believe all babies and children under the age of accountability will go to heaven they are adding to Godís Word. Purgatory, praying for the dead this sounds good also, but we have Godís Word in the Bible that says this is false. But we still have millions of people that believe this. Why canít people just read his word with out adding to it? What is wrong with saying God is silent about this question. Why is it so bad in some peoples mind to just say I donít know, we will find out when we get there. God is a loving God He is just he is righteous he is all knowing. But if you teach this doctrine that all babies go to heaven, you are adding to Godís word, He has never said this.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 And if you say in your heart, ĎHow shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?íówhen a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

When I started this post I did not expect that some people on this board would add to Godís Word and so dogmatically.

I do not worry about the questions I have that the Lord does not give us the answer to. I know he is good He is the only one that is good. When we get to heaven all are questions will be answered. If all the babies and children under the age of accountably are there great if not we will understand. So please revere Godís Word do not Prophesy what he is silent about. He is Holy. Do not teach what He has not taught. This is the end of the mater you may do what ever you want to do, and teach what ever you want to teach. But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. The end.
    Nobody is "adding to God's Word" here, or teaching either, or prophesying. We all have opinions, and it is okey to share opinions.

Butterflykisses Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A Berean View Post
    Nobody is "adding to God's Word" here, or teaching either, or prophesying. We all have opinions, and it is okey to share opinions.
    I have only stated my opinion and scriptures to the question.

Butterflykisses Guest

Quote by BNL: AS BNL said to me: I ask that you please do not accuse others here of believing God is cruel if they do not agree with your viewpoint, that is a severe judgment to make of other brothers and sisters in Christ.

God is a just God and He knows ALL things-we just need to trust Him and spread the Gospel while there is still time.

Quote by Jack: Do not teach what He has not taught. This is the end of the mater you may do what ever you want to do, and teach what ever you want to teach. But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. The end.

Jack, are you saying I don't serve the Lord cuz I believe all babies are saved???? that is a severe judgment to make of other brothers and sisters in Christ. I ask that you please not judge me or others of not serving the Lord.

Quote by BNL: AS BNL said to me: I ask that you please do not accuse others here of believing God is cruel if they do not agree with your viewpoint, that is a severe judgment to make of other brothers and sisters in Christ.

God is a just God and He knows ALL things-we just need to trust Him and spread the Gospel while there is still time.

Quote by Jack: Do not teach what He has not taught. This is the end of the mater you may do what ever you want to do, and teach what ever you want to teach. But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. The end.

Jack, are you saying I don't serve the Lord cuz I believe all babies are saved???? that is a severe judgment to make of other brothers and sisters in Christ. I ask that you please not judge me or others of not serving the Lord.

I am not the judge but it sounds like you are making a judgment for God, you can believe what ever you want, but God is silent here about this matter. I am not saying this is a salvation issue I believe you are saved from other posts I have read from you, I can see your love for the lord. And God bless you. the difference here is you sound dogmatic on your opinions. You say babies and children under the age of accountably will not go to hell, and that they will all go to heaven. You have said that I have said that these babies will go to hell, I never said this. All I say is, I donít know. And that I will not teach this as doctrine. If a nonbeliever or baby Christian asks you, do babies go to heaven. What is your answer? And how do you back it up? Do you say this is my opinion? But God is silent on this matter.
    God bless you. See you in the Rapture and than we will both know.

Children of Christians are not saved by birth. They have to accept Jesus as their Lord, too. There are no grandchildren in Heaven. This said, just as children of Christians are born sinners, so are all babies. But babies and young children have not learned how to be saved yet and they are not judged for their sinful nature. I believe all young children and babies who die will go to Heaven and in the rapture. There comes a time when a person is old enough to understand and old enough to be responsible for their own choices. The age of that, only God knows.

Butterflykisses Guest

I am not the judge but it sounds like you are making a judgment for God, you can believe what ever you want, but God is silent here about this matter. I am not saying this is a salvation issue I believe you are saved from other posts I have read from you, I can see your love for the lord. And God bless you. the difference here is you sound dogmatic on your opinions. You say babies and children under the age of accountably will not go to hell, and that they will all go to heaven. You have said that I have said that these babies will go to hell, I never said this. All I say is, I donít know. And that I will not teach this as doctrine. If a nonbeliever or baby Christian asks you, do babies go to heaven. What is your answer? And how do you back it up? Do you say this is my opinion? But God is silent on this matter.
    Like I said before I AGREE TO DISAGREE. See you in the Rapture and than we will both know

Butterflykisses Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Children of Christians are not saved by birth. They have to accept Jesus as their Lord, too. There are no grandchildren in Heaven. This said, just as children of Christians are born sinners, so are all babies. But babies and young children have not learned how to be saved yet and they are not judged for their sinful nature. I believe all young children and babies who die will go to Heaven and in the rapture. There comes a time when a person is old enough to understand and old enough to be responsible for their own choices. The age of that, only God knows.

KitsapGirl Guest

Like the OP statement, I also believe that the children of the unsaved will not be with us in the air.

To quote Forrest Gump..."That's all I have to say about that".

A Berean Guest

If babies DO NOT go to Heaven, then why did David say that his dead baby could not come to hin, but that he (David) could go to him- implying paradise in the hereafter?

Sing4Him Guest

If babies DO NOT go to Heaven, then why did David say that his dead baby could not come to hin, but that he (David) could go to him- implying paradise in the hereafter?
    touche!!

2 Sam 12:22,23

And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Sing4Him Guest

David's baby, born a sinner, was in heaven.

To say that babies of unsaved people go to Heaven, I believe is false. What about women who lost a baby before they got saved? Are babies born to them after they got saved better then the babies who died when they are unsaved? Can a baby in the womb accept Jesus as Savior? David knew that his baby was innocent in the eyes of God just as all babies and young children. Many people are saved as adults who were raised in a home of unsaved people. There is an advantage to being raised in a Christian home. I am thankful that I was raised in a Christian home. But being born it a Christian mom did not make be a better baby then one born to a unsaved person. To tell a mother whose baby died at birth or a mother who's young child died that their child went to hell is not only a lie, but it a cruel thing to say.

A Berean Guest

!!!

KarenB Guest

But David was not an unbelieving heathen (just mentioning this so it can be taken into consideration).

Children of unbelieving parents are "unclean'' 1Cor.7. I am NOT saying who is going to heaven or to hell.
    Last edited by KarenB; December 11th, 2007 at 03:54 PM.