Thread: Who is David C Pack

Default Who is David C Pack

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this person.
    I just saw a Vidio with him basically saying that the pretrib rapture position is not biblical.

I of coarse know that it is very biblical.

He also said that the Idea of a Rapture wasn't born until the 1600's

I also know this is not true because didn't Paul speak about the Rapture?

I am wanting some feedback here from some folks who are in the know about this Guy.
    Is he a false teacher or is he a true believer that just diminishes the supernatural aspects of scripture like the catching away of believers before Gods judgment is poured out in the 70th week of Daniel.

ty

I googled his name and one of the options was *David C Pack cult*. That's not a good sign.

Pack heads The Restored Church of God, one of the more extreme and confused offshoots of The Worldwide Church of God or Armstrongism. He claims that he is an apostle and learned from Armstrong.

That's all we need to know,
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

Default Mr David Pack = Cult leader

Unless Mr Pack has repented....

Just like the other posted mentioned, he is the devil spawn of Herbert W Armstrong and teaches salvation by works, soul sleep, sabbath keeping for salvation, the usual lies and deception, etc.. He/they also claim to have the 'truth' and claim the restored church of God is the only true 'saved' church.

It would take a team of ten attorney's and several years to sift through all the garbage on his website, and you would still never know the simple gospel message of how to be saved by God's grace through faith in Christ Jesus' attonement.
    Last edited by Shawn S; February 26th, 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling error(s)
    Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. Ephesians 1:4-5

MartyN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this person.
    I just saw a Vidio with him basically saying that the pretrib rapture position is not biblical.

I of coarse know that it is very biblical.

I am wanting some feedback here from some folks who are in the know about this Guy.
    Is he a false teacher or is he a true believer that just diminishes the supernatural aspects of scripture like the catching away of believers before Gods judgment is poured out in the 70th week of Daniel.

ty
    He is using "half truths" to build his case, e.g.,

The rapture doctrine of Paul was lost in the early history of the church, and rediscovered
    in the 19th century by men such as Darby and Scofield. After that , other bible scholars rediscovered truth that was in Paul's letters but had been suppressed by false teachers and so called "early church fathers."

hapycampers Guest

Default About David Pack

A friend of the family recently became concerned over a close relative who has been attending the Restored Church of God (David Pack is the Pastor General of the RCG), so I looked briefly into the church and its doctrine.

A quick review of the material on the RCG website (most of which is presented by Mr. Pack himself as letters, essays, sermon notes, or audio / video podcasts) reveals that:

- The RCG holds a strongly anti-trinitarion view of the Godhead that is different from the modalist view of the United Pentecostal movement and closely aligned with the Watchtower position. In defense of his view, Mr. Pack tackles one or two of the peripheral trinitarian verses, such as the story of Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5) with the weak argument that it was Peter (who held the authority of God and the power of the (impersonal) Holy Spirit) who was lied to, rather than an indwelling, personal Holy Spirit. He ignores other clear trinitarian evidence, such as the apparent dichotomy between God the Father's claim to be the First and Last (and Only - Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 48:12) and Jesus' claims to the same titles (Revelation 1:8-18 (Who else was dead and is alive again forever more?) and Revelation 22:12-16 (Who else is the Root and Offspring of David?)), as well as Jesus' own clear claim to the name of God (John 8:58 - In case there is any doubt as to the intent of His words, the Jews of His day knew exactly what He meant, and picked up stones to stone Him for it). As the late Walter Martin observed, it is impossible to have two firsts and two lasts - especially if one of them is the "only."

- The RCG holds to a doctrine of salvation through grace, plus works, with Jesus atoning for past sins and the believer maintaining his or her own salvation through a system of law-keeping, including sabbath observance (Ignoring a host of scriptures - Genesis 15:6, Romans 4, the entire Epistle to the Galatians, Philippians 3:8-9, Hebrews 11, and 2 Peter 2:7 - which describes Lot, who would almost certainly fail Mr. Pack's tests of righteousness as a "just" or "righteous" man - to name a few). Ironically, in his essay on the person of Christ, Mr. Pack accuses mainstream protestantism of presenting a "weak, effeminate" Jesus, while he himself preaches a watered-down savior unable to rescue us from the penalty for present and future sins.

- Like many organizations of its kind, the RCG claims to be the one "true" church, citing Biblical "remnant" references, as well as the narrow gate illustration (Matthew 7:13-14) for support while ignoring equally valid scripture (2 Timothy 3:16) that informs us that the tares (weeds) will be mixed in with the wheat so that they will be difficult to uproot without damaging the wheat itself (Matthew 13:24-30). In other words, the apostasy will not be as easy to identify and avoid as simply picking one church or denomination over another. There will be (and are) apostate elements in virtually every church and denomination (though some churches could rightly be considered to be wholly apostate - or near enough hardly to matter).

- The RCG holds the position that unbelievers will be annihilated (destroyed, cease to exist) rather than subjected to eternal punishment (again ignoring the clear teaching of scripture (Luke 16:19-31, Revelation 14:9-11, Revelation 20:10-15).

In short, another Jesus and another Gospel - which is really no gospel at all… (Galatians 1:7).

Thank you RR. Just stumbled upon David C Pack's website, and thought to come look on RR to see what you think off him before I listen to anything. Just had an uneasyness.

Default thank you raptureready family

I did a search on our site and bata bing, just like that, I learned all I needed to know about this guy. Run for the Hills. I just watched a youtube vid of him talking about the two witnesses. Oh my; he is way off base. Don't waste your valuable time on this astranaunt or armstrongism or whateveryacallit religious clut of the week. Love ya and ya'll have a blessed day and I so look forward to meeting all of you at the rapture.
    Religions (all of them) are mans attempt to get to God.
    But Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life" John 14:6
    Christianity is God's attempt to get to Man.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Deception, by the very definition and nature of the word, cannot be understood by the one who is deceived.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

David Pack?

is he the same guy on the Word Network?

seen that name pop up on my channel log a few times
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)