Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Who Are the "dead in Christ" who rise first?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan51 View Post
    I believe in OSAS and I understand the difference between the dispensations, but I am not yet totally convinced one way or the other about if OSAS applies to the Old Testament/tribulation or not. My question is, how does II Peter 2:7-9 fit with having to keep your salvation by your works? Looking at what we know about Lot, he does not appear to be righteous. Why is he called righteous?

2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
    2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds
    2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
    One good thing about the Word of God is it never soft-soaps the personalities of the OT saints. They seem to have the same propensity to err in thier judgement that we do.

To be fair to Lot, we must look at him through the lens of the OT setting his life existed in. We don't live in an age where we need to give a child of our own making to a dead brother under the levirite laws that existed then so as to not end his line of posterity. We look at Abraham as being guilty of incest for marrying his sister when the rule of not marrying close relations had not been given until the time of Moses.
    I only mean to say that since the Bible calls Lot righteous, we should accept it at face value as inspired scripture and not judge Lot thru a 21st century lense.

Quote Originally Posted by ranman View Post
    I only mean to say that since the Bible calls Lot righteous, we should accept it at face value as inspired scripture and not judge Lot thru a 21st century lense.

If righteousness was attributed to Abraham for having enough faith in the Lord to leave his home ans set out for a new land that the Lord will show him then Lot should be accorded righteousness for doing the same thing.

I agree that only the Lord knows the heart and thru the Holy Spirit Peter called Lot righteous.

He did sin. He pitched his tents towards Sodom, he moved into Sodom, but he was grieved by their wickedness and sat in the gate possibly trying to help the situation.

He did offer protection to righteous strangers which has foreshadowings of Tribulation acts of faith.

Righteous Lot and his household were offered a way out of destruction.
    Righteous Noah and his household were offered a way out of destruction.

We don't hear of the righteousness of any of their households in fact quite the opposite but being in the household of a righteous person seems to have its advantages.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Righteous Christians, those who are clothed in the righteousness of Christ, are also offered a way out of destruction. Maranatha!
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Righteous Christians, those who are clothed in the righteousness of Christ, are also offered a way out of destruction. Maranatha!

Exactly!
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Originally Posted by RandallB

Although I believe that Lot/Noah foreshadow the rightous Israel flight to Petra rather than the rapture.

But that seems to be the formula:

Righteousness avoids Lord's destruction.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.