Thread: Is there a biblically sound minister on television?

Default Is there a biblically sound minister on television?

I am calling upon the wisdom of my brothers and sisters in Christ, seeking if anyone knows of a biblically sound minister on television. It is at the point where I am afraid to watch the ministers on television anymore, or trust what I am being taught.
    Today was the last straw, when I heard a television minister state that we ourselves are in control of how long we live, and totally dismissing the fact that we are close to the rapture.

I am searching for help and support in my Christian walk, - teaching that will encourage me to walk in the love, grace, and forgiveness of Jesus Christ, that my heart may continue to be purified. I am having a very difficult time finding this in church, or with the ministers on television. It seems like when I talk about this even to people within the church, I get looked at as though I am from another planet or something.

If anyone knows of a biblically safe minister on television, I would be very appreciative if you could pass along the information. I am just looking for someone I can be comfortable with and trust to be biblically sound in their teaching. I am so tired of having my guard up. It would be nice to be able to put it down for a short time, if that is possible in this day and time.

Thank you all so much in advance, and God's blessings in abundance be with you always, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Praying to go home soon!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    I am calling upon the wisdom of my brothers and sisters in Christ, seeking if anyone knows of a biblically sound minister on television. It is at the point where I am afraid to watch the ministers on television anymore, or trust what I am being taught.
    Today was the last straw, when I heard a television minister state that we ourselves are in control of how long we live, and totally dismissing the fact that we are close to the rapture.

I am searching for help and support in my Christian walk, - teaching that will encourage me to walk in the love, grace, and forgiveness of Jesus Christ, that my heart may continue to be purified. I am having a very difficult time finding this in church, or with the ministers on television. It seems like when I talk about this even to people within the church, I get looked at as though I am from another planet or something.

If anyone knows of a biblically safe minister on television, I would be very appreciative if you could pass along the information. I am just looking for someone I can be comfortable with and trust to be biblically sound in their teaching. I am so tired of having my guard up. It would be nice to be able to put it down for a short time, if that is possible in this day and time.

Thank you all so much in advance, and God's blessings in abundance be with you always, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Praying to go home soon!
    I still find Hal Lindsey to be biblically sound. You can watch his videos on this link & his program for today is about Isaiah 17:1-Damascus & Gog & Magog. http://www.hischannel.com/BackQ/75/75Gallery/.php
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Charles Stanley - www.intouch.org

Michael Youssef - www.leadingtheway.org
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Gam Guest

Hi Praying, you might want to check out Dr. Adrian Rogers at http://www.lwf.org

The Lord called him home a few years ago, but you can still listen to his sermons at this site.

You can look online at Calvary Chapel radio, several of their pastors have their sermons online and you can watch them. We do not have tv, so this is my way of 'watching' Raul Ries, Jon Courson, Greg Laurie, Bob Coy, I also like some mentioned, Alister Begg, and Adrian Rogers.
    Last edited by 3jsmom; March 14th, 2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Added more info

Here are two I listen to online. I don't watch any TV preachers or teachers.

Alistair Begg, grounded in God's Word and one of the best I have listened to in my 28 years of walking with the LORD:

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/truth-for-life/

Dr. Vernon J. McGee, now home with Jesus but his teaching is some of the best. I used to listen to him on the radio when I was a new Christian. Great exegesis of God's Word directly from the Book. This is his teaching on the Book of Revelation. His teachings on the whole Bible is on this website:

http://www.thruthebible.org/site/c.i...Revelation.htm

I can say without a doubt you will get grounded in the Word listening to these two men teach the Word.

God Bless you.

Ann
    Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Too Blessed to be depressed!!!!

Default If you can get it

Charles Price is not as big a name, but preaches solidly. He is easy enough to find in the Canadian market. Don't know about his exposure in the US.

Look for "Living Truth" that's his program. Warning, I get a little nauseated with the intro music and singers at times, but that might just be my personal taste.

Blessings
    Sola Scriptura - Scripture Alone
    Solus Christus - Christ Alone
    Sola Gratia - Grace Alone
    Sola Fide - Faith Alone
    Soli Deo Gloria - The Glory of God Alone

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    I still find Hal Lindsey to be biblically sound. You can watch his videos on this link & his program for today is about Isaiah 17:1-Damascus & Gog & Magog. http://www.hischannel.com/BackQ/75/75Gallery/.php
    Thank you so much. I watched his program, and I am very thankful for this recommendation. He explains things in a way that is very easy to understand. Thank you so much!
    I appreciate this more than you know!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."

Quote Originally Posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
    Charles Stanley - www.intouch.org

Michael Youssef - www.leadingtheway.org
    Thank you so much. Awesome teachers, - both of them! Watched them both this evening, and I must say, it was nice to be spiritually fed without having my guard up for a change. I appreciate this, more than you know.

Ready to go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    Thank you so much. I watched his program, and I am very thankful for this recommendation. He explains things in a way that is very easy to understand. Thank you so much!
    I appreciate this more than you know!
    You are so very welcome. My husband & I can't wait to watch Hal because he does a great job of explaining what is going on. I also recommend the posters who gave you Charles Stanley & Adrian Rogers!
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Thank you all so very much for the wonderful recommendations. I was able to watch a few of them tonight, and I must say, it was so wonderful to be able to hear the word of God without having my guard up for fear of something being "slipped in" that was not biblical.
    I can hardly wait to watch the others. I just feel the need to really soak in the word of God these days, and I want you all to know I appreciate it so much, that so many are so willing to respond and lead me to the right path.

God bless you all, I love you all, and I can't wait to see you all soon!

Ready to go home!

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    I like Hal Lindsey too. He does a great job of explaining Bible prophecy, and always explains salvation during his show.

i recommend Hal Lindsey as well,love his show and he certainly has a knack for explaining things and he explains the Gospel at the end of every show.

one of the few lights left in a increasingly dark world,i am very thankful for him.

i am keeping a scrapbook on my hard drive and much of his material is there on my hard drive for those left behind.
    In God I Trust

David Reagan of Lamb & Lion Ministries can be found on Daystar

another wonderful online ministry is Pastor Billy Crone of Get A Life Ministries
    He has all of his sermons on video available for viewing and/or download

http://getalifemedia.com/
    Last edited by FreeWater; March 14th, 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: billy crone, david reagan

randall Guest

praying
    I would like to share, that I listen to almost all the pastors the previous posters discussed and I DO find them all very exellent teachers, but human, and most not in my local church. Therefore any television pastor I personally listen to I definately keep my guard up and check they're message out(is it what my bible says is true?). I believe whenever we recieve a message from god(dreams, visions, ect) or from any teachers it should be automatically lined up with the Word of God. Ephesians 6 makes it clear that we are to keep our guard up and use the weapons given to us to use. Some pastors do make this easier, first it should be a local pastor/teacher, but the above named pastors ARE very GOOD pastors. If it is possible to have one of them as a local pastor I would recommend any of the ones previous posters named. Keep praying and I know God will greatly Bless you with many exellent teachers to gain wisdom from.

Matthew1034 Guest

Billy Crone is awesome, but human, the Revelation series is real good, i like the current events at the begining of each Revelation video, they will also send you dvds if you ask and they don't copyright.

I would also recommend Paul Washer
    http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/

In my area we only get DayStar occasionally on a share channel so I'm not familiar with who appears on there.

Gerald Mann used to be on TBN or TCT and had a prgoram called Common Sense Religion.

He was pretty interesting and he wasn't always asking for a "love offereing".

I think he still has a website but I haven't seen him on TV in a long time.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

Jack Kelley has some really good mp3 teachings. They are free in his "store".

He is also a contributor to the main RR site. I am almost finished with his study on the book of Hebrews. It is just plain awesome.

I also downloaded a few others.

But his site is www.gracethrufaith.com You can even email him and ask him a question about anything.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!