Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171
Results 3,401 to 3,408 of 3408

Thread: The Syrian Civil War Thread - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
    If Congress tells him no, then they also need to discuss what will happen when chemical weapons are used again.

Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

The problem I am having is the way this is all being handled. I think it's good to get congressional approval but why now coming off a Kerry rally to arms speech yesterday? This is just one big show of this administrations lack of ability to handle foreign policy situations. It is exactly why it was a big topic raised during the debates. Sometimes you only have one shot at getting things right and this is getting worse by the day. So glad The Lord is in control. It is becoming very clear now why the US seems to have been left out of the end times picture.
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

Quote Originally Posted by tardisdoctor View Post
    I listened to the president's address. I had originally planned to watch it but had to minimize the browser when I saw Joe come out with him.

It seems that no matter what action or inaction we take in Syria, the power of the United States will be weakened and minimized. Our hands are tied, there is no way out; this tells me that America's unraveling has reached another milestone, and it is through divine measure. This is a significant moment in American history that, I believe, signals God is ready to turn His eyes back to His people, Israel, to deal with their unbelief, and to wrap up this dispensation of human history. Again, there is no way out or through, only up! And Israel stands alone except that there is one over her who neither sleeps nor slumbers. He is all that Israel needs and Israel is about to encounter Him in a very real way.
    Amen!
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tardisdoctor View Post

It seems that no matter what action or inaction we take in Syria, the power of the United States will be weakened and minimized. Our hands are tied, there is no way out; this tells me that America's unraveling has reached another milestone, and it is through divine measure. This is a significant moment in American history that, I believe, signals God is ready to turn His eyes back to His people, Israel, to deal with their unbelief, and to wrap up this dispensation of human history. Again, there is no way out or through, only up! And Israel stands alone except that there is one over her who neither sleeps nor slumbers. He is all that Israel needs and Israel is about to encounter Him in a very real way.

Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

If he's so serious about striking, why doesn't he just call Congress back into session right now? He can do that.

His wishy-washiness must be making Israel's enemies giddy with excitement. This would be the perfect time for Israel to just go ahead and launch a pre-emptive strike on Iran.
    The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

I'm waiting for some "emergency" (think another attack) in Syria to negate the possibility of waiting for Congressional approval. In other words, if something else happens before Sept. 9th (which is very close to 9/11, I might add), Obama might decide he can't wait on Congress and just unilaterally decide to strike. If he seems to think the situation is so immediate and so dire, why doesn't he insist that Congress come back before the vacation is over? Maybe he's waiting in order to give someone time to do something in Syria (as others have suggested, for Assad to hide assets or something), but wouldn't it be funny indeed if Congressional leaders decided this was important enough to call their members back for emergency session well before Sept 9th? I mean, if it's THAT important, by all means our elected officials should be able and willing to cut their own holidays short, right, and not wait on Obama to call them back or wait for the holiday to be over?
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

What if they all voted "present." Did not vote yea or nay. Isn't that what Obama always did? Wonder what he would do then....
    Last edited by tammie; August 31st, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: correction
    Semper Fi!

Continue discussion on Syrian civil war here: http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=188601

Discussion on possible US involvement is here: http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=188602

Start another thread for other than the above topics. Thank you very much.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything