Thread: Egypt, Iran set to reestablish diplomatic ties

Bible Egypt, Iran set to reestablish diplomatic ties

CAIRO, April 4 (RIA Novosti) -
    Egypt and Iran are in talks to reestablish diplomatic relations and start developing bilateral cooperation in all areas, an Egyptian newspaper said on Monday.

Al-Ahram daily cited an Iranian envoy to Egypt as saying that new Egyptian authorities had expressed a willingness to open a new page in bilateral relations and Tehran had "immediately and positively" reacted to this initiative.

Iran severed diplomatic ties with Egypt in 1980 when Cairo signed a peace treaty with Tel Aviv.

Bilateral relations deteriorated remarkably during Iranian President Ahmadinejad's time in the office, as both countries exchanged incrimination's of spying in addition to Egypt accusing Iran of smuggling weapons to Hamas in Gaza and destabilizing Egypt's national security.

However, relations have shown signs of improvement since the ouster of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in a popular uprising in February.

Egypt, which is currently run by an army-led transition government, has recently allowed two Iranian warships to travel through the Suez Canal in the first such passage since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution and despite strong objections from Israel.
    http://en.rian.ru/world/20110404/163365521.html

It's hard, sometimes, to figure out which "post icon" would be most appropriate.

or

"A double minded man
    is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:8

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

To quote a Looney Toon:

What a revoltin' development.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

The vultures are starting to flock together, along with Turkey and all of those who hate Israel. A huge collection of these vultures will swarm against Israel in the not-too-distant future. They'll quickly learn who the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is.

I know some believe Egypt won't be involved in the wars against Israel. If they aren't, it will only be because the Lord restrains the land of the pharaohs.

Who else here saw this coming after Mubarak's overthrow?

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Who else here saw this coming after Mubarak's overthrow?
    I knew something was brewing but was not sure what. Something else I see brewing, is the fact that other leaders are in the process of being ousted too. There is a reason for all of this and it is not just coincidental. The scene is definitely being set, and I cannot see how all of this can wait until September elections to be honest.

The only thing holding all of this up imo, is the Rapture of the Church. I can hardly sleep, and am on pins and needles all the time these days. I sure hope it is soon, because I don't know how much more this world, and God's people in it can take.
    Come Lord Jesus and get us outta here!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

*gulp*

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    I knew something was brewing but was not sure what. Something else I see brewing, is the fact that other leaders are in the process of being ousted too. There is a reason for all of this and it is not just coincidental. The scene is definitely being set, and I cannot see how all of this can wait until September elections to be honest.

The only thing holding all of this up imo, is the Rapture of the Church. I can hardly sleep, and am on pins and needles all the time these days. I sure hope it is soon, because I don't know how much more this world, and God's people in it can take.
    Come Lord Jesus and get us outta here!

Totally agree with you, I'm too am not sleeping great and on edge, like ha,ha before my first child was born!. Only would add, that I can see it dragging on beyond September, even another few years, not that I want it to at all!!!.

However God is in control, and we must pray He will keep us hanging in there, and doing what we are supposed to, which is 'occupying', 'til He comes for His bride.

Keep praying for Jerusalem and Israel.

Last edited by Lamptomyfeet; April 5th, 2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: mis-spelling