I realize this isn't the prayer forum, but I posted here instead because I know all of you know the big deal it is to make this decision!!
We have gone back and forth for years on homeschooling our son. He's 8 and finishing up 2nd grade. We're really trying to figure out whether to bring him home for next year.
DS is very bright and a couple grades ahead in both reading and math. Needless to say, the school tries to "enrich" him, but he's bored and not getting what he really needs. We're in a "good" district, and haven't dealt with some of the worst PS issues, but it certainly is far from perfect... he's learned some bad language, been over-exposed to the environmentalist agenda, among other things... stuff like that.
I've been praying and researching and trying to figure it all out... every time I think I make a decision one way or the other, I veer back the other direction. I don't know what it is I think will happen to finally make me go "Eureka! There's my answer!" but I somehow keep waiting for that moment.
I'm just hesitant to take that leap. It's a very big commitment. I'm able and willing to do it, and my husband is open to it. But I really want to make sure it's the best thing for DS and for our family. I want to make sure that I would be able to keep up with his academic needs. And I want to make sure that this is God's will for our family.
So if you would lift prayers, and offer me any advice... I would really appreciate it!!