Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

I can only give O credit for doing what any post-9/11 CIC was obligated to do. If it ever came out that he could have taken OBL out, yet ignored the opportunity, his legacy would be severely damaged. He HAD to give that order and I'm glad he did the right thing.

One thing to remember about BHO is his main loyalty is always to himself. He will play both ends against the middle in any situation in order to come out the hero. That is simply the character of the man.

This the reason I will be watching very closely how Obama attempts to parlay this victory into something much bigger. I'm especially praying Bibi Netenyahu doesn't see the assassination of OBL as proof we're on Israel's side after all. He could be falling into a dangerous trap if he lets his guard down on Obama now.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    I'm especially praying Bibi Netenyahu doesn't see the assassination of OBL as proof we're on Israel's side after all. He could be falling into a dangerous trap if he lets his guard down on Obama now.

The irony of this all is that it will likely lead to more instability in Pakistan as this will inflame Pakistan's extremist population, and an unstable Pakistan is a far bigger threat to world security than Osama has been post-9/11 because of its nuclear arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    The irony of this all is that it will likely lead to more instability in Pakistan as this will inflame Pakistan's extremist population, and an unstable Pakistan is a far bigger threat to world security than Osama has been post-9/11 because of its nuclear arsenal.
    you know, that's exactly what my husband said this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    true (and if he actually did something like that, criticism would be deserved). but it was a funny little mock-up video
    Yes it was.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Sari Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Did Obama make a deal with Iran to betray Israel In exchange For Osama?

Just reading about this.....

Default Just pawns

I hope this doesn't sound too cynical but I have the feeling that Satan gave up Osama to help Obama get re-elected. We know Satan has no love for those he uses if he can accomplish a greater evil by sacrificing a pawn he would do so in a heartbeat.

Sari Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Did Obama make a deal with Iran to betray Israel In exchange For Osama?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sari View Post

Just reading about this.....
    The thing we need to watch for the next coming few months will be any pronouncements coming from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regarding the Israeli-Palestinian peace treaty.

The thing we need to watch for the next coming few months will be any pronouncements coming from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regarding the Israeli-Palestinian peace treaty.
    no kidding. we know its inevitible (sp?) but things are happening so fast i get the idea it will be sooner than later.

Preach This changes nothing!

Closure? Victory? Buried at sea? DNA proof? The truth is...

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places
    Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Maybe it won't be months.

Maybe Osama's death is a red herring.
    Last week it was the surprise of the birth certificate which still has lots of discussion because of the previous issued certificate and the anomolies. Now OBL is removed and we wonder about all the problems with the current story. President Obama said it was last week when this happened. Other reports said it was yesterday. One report said they lost a helicopter before arriving at the compound. Another says it went down and at the compound and was blown up. Are there real pictures and why was he buried at sea when President said Obama wasn't a Muslim.

While all the focus is on the Obama's birth certifcate and Osama's death certificate is there a MUCH bigger deal going down in the background?

I so agree with you about this. I think we need to be even more diligently watching and sharing the gospel. There are too many people in this world who are headed for eternal damnation and I have to believe that, with all that we see happening, our time here is extremely short. Every day we need to realize that today is the day to share the gospel because we could be gone before tomorrow dawns.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Sari Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    I so agree with you about this. I think we need to be even more diligently watching and sharing the gospel. There are too many people in this world who are headed for eternal damnation and I have to believe that, with all that we see happening, our time here is extremely short. Every day we need to realize that today is the day to share the gospel because we could be gone before tomorrow dawns.
    agree.

That is exactly right.

Has it occured to anyone that the assination of OBL is like a signal to the exported jihad terrorist cells to unleash hell on earth and start in the USA?

Seriously, our prayers should be that the Lord deals with us mercifully.

I am disgusted but unsurprised at the headlines I saw immediately after I posted on the celebrating in the US over this, and I was cringing in advance of signing on this morning of the potential posts regarding this and PRAISING THE LORD for our mod team who are doing an outstanding job of snipping the snot out of the remarks on this thread.

If we want to dispute Obama's claim that we are not a Christian nation, we need to start by behaving like the Lord and asking Him to guide our thoughts, words, and actions by His Spirit rather than walking in the flesh. He told His Father to forgive those who were beating Him, reviling Him and pounding nails through His hands and feet. We need to take a lesson from the only One who ever lived worthy of us following.

Quote Originally Posted by nursingmom View Post
    I agree with healthy skepticism but, really, not everything is an Obama orchestrated conspiracy.
    But the point is we don't trust a single thing he says. Ever. Call us paranoid.

But it appears this is true.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Sari Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
    But the point is we don't trust a single thing he says. Ever. Call us paranoid.

But it appears this is true.
    Agree

Default Musharraf: Bin Laden Mission Violated Pakistan

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ated-pakistan/

Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Monday accused the U.S. of violating his country’s sovereignty by sending in special forces to kill Osama bin Laden.
    Proverbs 3:5,6
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

Quote Originally Posted by BrideOfChrist View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ated-pakistan/

Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Monday accused the U.S. of violating his country’s sovereignty by sending in special forces to kill Osama bin Laden.

too bad, so sad. they shouldn't have been harboring him imo

Question: I have to ask it. I am sorry.

What is the reason that we did not capture him rather than kill him if we knew for certain where he was? The order was to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTexas View Post
    Question: I have to ask it. I am sorry.

What is the reason that we did not capture him rather than kill him if we knew for certain where he was? The order was to kill him.
    I think it was the right decision, especially with Holder as AG, no telling where he would have put this guy on trial. I really hope they release some pictures, the longer they hold out, the more people are going to think it's some type of hoax. I have no doubt the man was killed last night, I just think the whole thing would have been more effective had the military announced the news and showed pictures similar to the way they did when they caught sadam.