Thread: France: Peace talks soon or Palestinian state

Default France: Peace talks soon or Palestinian state

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...te-1366717.php

PARIS (AP) French President Nicolas Sarkozy says he will support a unilateral declaration of Palestinian independence if peace talks with Israel don't restart by September, dealing a tough setback to Israel's campaign to isolate the incoming Palestinian unity government.

The comments published Thursday similar to a message from Britain a day earlier suggest Europe may be inching toward a watershed moment, joining those in favor of recognizing Palestine even if there is no peace deal with Israel.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...#ixzz1LUZrCTfC
    Speaking to the weekly newsmagazine L'Express, Sarkozy was quoted as saying if talks between Israel and the Palestinians don't resume over the summer, France will help promote the international recognition of a Palestinian state.

"The idea that we have time is a dangerous idea, we must finish," Sarkozy said.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...#ixzz1LUa3yc2A
    This incredible sense of urgency in the international community, despite unresolved security questions and despite a terrorist organization dedicated to Israel's destruction reaching unity with the PA ... it seems like satan is truly stirring the pot as much as possible, because he knows his time is short.

Pray

Quote Originally Posted by JCO View Post
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...te-1366717.php

This incredible sense of urgency in the international community, despite unresolved security questions and despite a terrorist organization dedicated to Israel's destruction reaching unity with the PA ... it seems like satan is truly stirring the pot as much as possible, because he knows his time is short.
    I agree. This sense of urgency in the international community to make things happen this year, with having September deadlines is mind-boggling to me. The declaration of a Palestinian state, the ME elections. Not sure what the significance of September is, other than it is the 9th month of the year (labor and delivery) but it sure seems that we are building up to something really significant happening. Sure hope it is the rapture!
    Praying to go home soon!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

The UN can recognize a Palestinian state but what will they do about their capital?
    I hear nothing about Jerusalem lately or am I missing it?
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    The UN can recognize a Palestinian state but what will they do about their capital?
    I hear nothing about Jerusalem lately or am I missing it?
    I can't imagine the world telling the Palestinians they must have their capital in Nablus (which was Biblical Shechem), Jenin, Ramallah or elsewhere. Although Israel has had its capital in Tel Aviv for decades, the world seems all to willing to carve up Jerusalem and declare it the capital of a Palestinian state.

As for God's viewpoint on this? He's given us a prophecy of what will happen. Check out Zechariah 12! (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...12&version=NIV)

Default What will He do?

I am soooo curious as to how our God is going to deal with this 'ultimatum' the UN seems to plan to give Israel. He may be having a really good laugh at all this bravado.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Let me see if I get this straight. France wants Israel to "resume peace talks", which really means "talk about giving up her land", or else she'll have to "give up her land". Right? It's just an illusion of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Let me see if I get this straight. France wants Israel to "resume peace talks", which really means "talk about giving up her land", or else she'll have to "give up her land". Right? It's just an illusion of choice.
    Yep. It's just crazy all that's happened lately.

Every single day, the pieces on the chessboard of this celestial story move dramatically.
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

It is going to be so interesting & exciting to see how this all works out. We know that God knows exactly when the events will take place. I sure hope we are going home very soon.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice