Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will our sins be shouted from the rooftops?

madeNheaven Guest

Default Will our sins be shouted from the rooftops?

Luk 12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

ImOnStandby221 Guest

our sins have been completely forgiven and removed from us as far as the east is from the west. they will never on any account be brought up again.

madeNheaven Guest

our sins have been completely forgiven and removed from us as far as the east is from the west. they will never on any account be brought up again.
    Then what does that verse mean?

Those that prefer the dark to the light, those that don't bring their sin to The Light to be forgiven and have them wiped out, retain their sin. All of their sin that they try to hide will be revealed.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Lvanett Guest

I believe Jesus was talking about the Judgment and that those who do not accept Christ as Savior will have their sins revealed for all to see and hear on that day. We as believers trust Jesus for our salvation and He will not mention them, because ALL our sins - past, present, and future - have been forgiven and cleansed by His blood.
    Last edited by Lvanett; June 4th, 2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Lvanett Guest

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by ImOnStandby221 View Post
    amen!

Amen! I totally agree.

I just wanna go home!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by Kliska View Post
    Those that prefer the dark to the light, those that don't bring their sin to The Light to be forgiven and have them wiped out, retain their sin. All of their sin that they try to hide will be revealed.
    Amen. I agree!

I just wanna go home now!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

On Judgement day (well after the Rapture), yes, all sins are revealed.

Even saved, I get a little quivery, and it really has me working on the gossip!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

ImOnStandby221 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    On Judgement day (well after the Rapture), yes, all sins are revealed.

Even saved, I get a little quivery, and it really has me working on the gossip!
    i'm afraid i have to disagree. believers will face a judgment of our works at the bema seat judgment (I Corinthians 3) but our sins will never be brought up again. they were judged once for all when G-d poured out His wrath on Yeshua in our place. to bring up a believer's sins again would be to say that Yeshua didn't completely satisfy the righteous requirements of a holy G-d. the death of Yeshua was the final and perfect payment for my sins. they aren't just forgiven---they are gone.

i'm afraid i have to disagree. believers will face a judgment of our works at the bema seat judgment (I Corinthians 3) but our sins will never be brought up again. they were judged once for all when G-d poured out His wrath on Yeshua in our place. to bring up a believer's sins again would be to say that Yeshua didn't completely satisfy the righteous requirements of a holy G-d. the death of Yeshua was the final and perfect payment for my sins. they aren't just forgiven---they are gone.
    Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

'Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.'"

Jesus will not leave you, even when everyone else deserts you, he never will.

Amen! Praise God!

Here's what Jack Kelley says about the Bema Seat Judgment:

What Happens At The Bema Seat Judgment?

Q. Thank you for always being there for all of us! I’m so glad that we have you. When we go in the Rapture and are at the Bema Seat judgment, are we going to be going over the what we did good and what we did bad things? Are we going to be in a bad way for maybe some things we could have done better? Are our lives going to be sifted through like the White Throne judgments? I asked this because of what some kids were told at youth group that really frightened them.

A. 2 Cor. 5:10 says we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. This can not be a reference to sin because Jesus has already been judged for all the sins of our life and all of them have been forgiven (Colossians 2:13-15).

Earlier Paul had said in effect that the definitions of good and bad have to do with our “good works” and are based on our motive, not on the outcome. Things done in the Lord’s name with the intent of expressing our gratitude to Him are like gold, silver and precious gems and considered to be good. Things done in our own name with the intent of glorifying ourselves are like wood, hay and stubble and are bad. The good things will be rewarded and the bad things will be discarded, being of no value in the Kingdom (1 Cor. 3:11-15).

Then Paul said we shouldn’t judge anything before hand, because it’s impossible for us to discern a person’s motive. The Lord will bring all this to light and then we’ll each receive the praise that’s legitimately due to us. (1 Cor. 4:5) So this judgment is not about salvation or discipline, it’s about rewards. Therefore we have nothing to fear.
    http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...seat-judgment/
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Lvanett View Post
    I believe Jesus was talking about the Judgment and that those who do not accept Christ as Savior will have their sins revealed for all to see and hear on that day. We as believers trust Jesus for our salvation and He will not mention them, because ALL our sins - past, present, and future - have been forgiven and cleansed by His blood.

Lvanett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    Why the sad face? If you're a Christian, you should be glad because your sins have been FORGIVEN! You have nothing to fear at the judgment. Rather, unbelievers should be in fear.

And thank you iSong for the reference from Jack Kelley.

The Bride is perfect and blameless.
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

The sad face is for those that don't believe and die in their sin...

Evoo327 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kliska View Post
    The sad face is for those that don't believe and die in their sin...
    Yes.

will we have to listen to the unforgiven sins of the lost?

like in court when the list of charges are read and answered with 'guilty' or 'not guilty'

just wondering, or are we 'spared' that?

Let me restate, then.

The fact that one day I will stand before God, who knows my every thought, keeps me a lot more accountable when I assumed, in my backslidden days, He was just as blind as my husband.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    will we have to listen to the unforgiven sins of the lost?

like in court when the list of charges are read and answered with 'guilty' or 'not guilty'

just wondering, or are we 'spared' that?
    I'm not sure either. I always had the feeling we may be witnesses, at least maybe in the lives of those that we've touched, yet the person still rejects Him?