Thread: Millenium vs. New Heaven/New Earth

Default Millenium vs. New Heaven/New Earth

I'm hoping someone on this site more gifted than I could shed some light on this issue. I'm currently researching through two different authors works and they are both excellent, but they seem to differ on one key issue.

The wonderful book, "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn seems to suggest that the Bible describes much of the New Heaven and the New Earth and talks about eternity in some detail in Revelations.

However, Jack Kelley and his great website gracethrufaith.com seem to suggest that the Bible is the handbook for this current age of man and thus does not include many details about the New Heaven and the New Earth following the Millennial Reign.

Both of the authors do agree that there is a literal Millennial Reign and that the New Heaven and New Earth are real, literal, and everlasting with those saved by the blood of the Lamb. The authors just vary greatly on what information is currently given regarding what will be future and eternal home.

I can't wait to see Jesus!

I was listening to Dr. Jeremiah at his website describe the period of time after the tribulation. He said those that lived through the tribulation would walk right into the millennium and that heavenly saints would live up in the New Jerusalem and transport themselves down onto earth to do their work and then back up to the new Heaven. I was amazed at this. I know in Isaiah 65 and 66, Isaiah describes the millennium as a time to work and build houses and everyone has a job. That babies would be born and die a natural death and enter the heavenly realm. I guess we will know one day soon!

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

srphoenix,

The MK is for the Jews on earth and, as someone has said, the church will be in New Jerusalem still in heaven (We will be the "angels" ascending and descending on the Son of man per Jesus vision in John 1:51.). If you read Ezek 40-46, you'll get a good idea of what Israel will be like and what practices believers will hold to. There will still be sin and death in the MK and Christ will rule the earth.

At the end of this period, Satan is released and there is another war in Jerusalem. The believers trapped there will be raptured to New Jerusalem and the enemies of Christ destroyed. At this point, God burns all the bad stuff in the earth and reforms to perfection. At that time, Rev 21 comes into play ... NJ descends having all the saints in it and the MK saints will inherit the earth while the church abides in NJ forever. There will be no death or sin for this is the "kingdom of God," not the kingdom of His Son which was the MK. This is the eternal kingdom for which we pray "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

If you have any more questions, I'll look back tomorrow.

skypair

Zion Guest

The new heaven and new earth that comes after the millenium will be Eden restored on earth. No more death or decay. Heaven and earth conjoined. During the millenium, life spans will be long, but humans will still die. The millenium will be an improvement on present-day living and the new heaven and new earth (eternity) will be an improvemet on the millenium.

Seems rather symetrical doesn't it?

1. The perfect state - Adam and Eve before the fall
    2. Human longevity - Post fall/pre flood - Men living almost a millenium but sin becoming increasingly rampant
    3. Focus on Israel - law and the prophets - Israel's ultimate rejection of God and His Son
    4. Grace - Gentiles
    5. Focus on Israel - 7 year trib - time of Jacobs trouble - Israel' ultimate acceptance of God and His Son
    6. Human longevity - Millenium (people again living centuries - Sin abolished at the end)
    7. The perfect state - Eternity

great responses everyone, its such a blessing to have a forum like this and knowledgeable people to help answer questions.

Here is the original article by Jack Kelley that prompted me to ask this question:

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...or-millennium/

I had always thought that Revelations 20 was the Millennial chapter than 21-22 dealt with the new Heavens and Earth. Randy Alcorn and his book Heaven seem to agree with that while Jack Kelley argues in the link posted above that even Revelations 22 discusses the Millennial reign and the new Heaven and Earth are never discussed in detail.

(some of you may have understood my question from the original post, but I thought I'd clarify it a bit more in this one)

Skypair I think the comparison you gave about Jesus Kingdom being the MK and God's Kingdom being the New Heavens and New Earth made a lot of sense.

4HimILive, the symmetry between the ages is fascinating to see and another piece of evidence for the Rapture as to have it take place after the tribulation would be to deny Israel's focus during the tribulation.

Hopefully all of this takes place soon! I don't know how much more excited I could physically be

Thanks everyone for the reply's so far.

Quote Originally Posted by skypair View Post
    srphoenix,

The MK is for the Jews on earth and, as someone has said, the church will be in New Jerusalem still in heaven (We will be the "angels" ascending and descending on the Son of man per Jesus vision in John 1:51.). If you read Ezek 40-46, you'll get a good idea of what Israel will be like and what practices believers will hold to. There will still be sin and death in the MK and Christ will rule the earth.

At the end of this period, Satan is released and there is another war in Jerusalem. The believers trapped there will be raptured to New Jerusalem and the enemies of Christ destroyed. At this point, God burns all the bad stuff in the earth and reforms to perfection. At that time, Rev 21 comes into play ... NJ descends having all the saints in it and the MK saints will inherit the earth while the church abides in NJ forever. There will be no death or sin for this is the "kingdom of God," not the kingdom of His Son which was the MK. This is the eternal kingdom for which we pray "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

skypair
    Skypair you had me worried there for a minute thinking I would be spending some time in New Jersey (NJ)....
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by skypair View Post
    srphoenix,

skypair
    I was just reading along and the bolded part above struck me funny because for some reason I read it as NJ = New Jersey.
    Romans 8:28 <--- Favorite Verse, that brought me a lot of peace over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by 4HimILive View Post
    Seems rather symetrical doesn't it?

1. The perfect state - Adam and Eve before the fall
    2. Human longevity - Post fall/pre flood - Men living almost a millenium but sin becoming increasingly rampant
    3. Focus on Israel - law and the prophets - Israel's ultimate rejection of God and His Son
    4. Grace - Gentiles
    5. Focus on Israel - 7 year trib - time of Jacobs trouble - Israel' ultimate acceptance of God and His Son
    6. Human longevity - Millenium (people again living centuries - Sin abolished at the end)
    7. The perfect state - Eternity
    That's very good, scilent. I had always heard of this "switchback" in chronologies but never heard it so succinctly before.

One of the things I see in the tribulation is related to this. It seems to me that the seals are a revisitation of the dispensational failures of man. To whit: seal 1, that false church, represents itself as Adam did with his fig leaf apron. Seal 2 revisits the story of Cain and Abel played out today in the MidEast, brother Islam against brother Israel. As you track these seals, you can see that the seals represent man's judgment upon himself!

Thanks, the rest of you, for your NJ comments. I was actually born there! New Jersey, not New Jerusalem!

skypair

skypair