Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Owners Thread

Tesla Guest

USA Jeep Owners Thread

Searched the forum and couldn't find a thread on this, so I thought I'd make one. So who else here drives a Jeep?

Post pics if you've got em. Here's my baby:

I've had 3 Wagoneers, the old full size Wagoneers. I loved the 4 wheel drive part but OOOOOHHHHHHH man for bad gas mileage with them. 6-8 miles to the gallon in town, on the hiway maybe 8-10.

2011 2dr detonator yellow Rubicon here!

I own a 2011 Jeep Patriot in bright red. My first Jeep was a 2004 Liberty. It was totaled when some idiot didn't yield and hit my left front tire, breaking the axle. It was paid off too. My next Jeep was a 2007 4 X 4 Liberty. I traded it in on the Patriot because it was a major gas hog with a huge gas tank. I have had lots of problems with GM cars in the past but the only one I've had with the Jeep was in the Patriot. It was running hot and there was a TSB for a cracked thermostat housing.

The only bad thing about the Patriot (and the new Libertys as well) is that there is no spare tire mounted on the back door. I don't have the opportunity to show off my spare tire cover that looks like this:

only mine was black with silver printing.
    I'll be gone when the trumpet sounds,
    Ain't nothing gonna hold me down!
    - Decemberadio, "Believer"

We have a 2000 Grand Cherokee 4x4 that we bought new that now has over 240,000 miles on it (6 cyl). We have had a lot of minor problems with it over the years, but nothing major, so far. It's been a great vehicle for hauling the kids around, and getting my wife to/from work when it snows. MPG averages about 19 (in 2WD) since the day we drove it home.
    We're getting ready to start looking for a replacement SUV, but I don't know if we'll go with another Jeep or something different.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

SF had an old 1972? Waggoneer with a Buick engine. He did an epoxy job on the rust so it wasn't too bad body-wise.

The thing was a tank. It went anywhere.

If I got one..... 1942-45 Willy's would be the model. With the .50 cal. I was a fan of the Rat Patrol.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Tesla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIE View Post
    2011 2dr detonator yellow Rubicon here!
    Nice pics?

mtmoore Guest

Hello Everyone!!

I have been reading RR for a while, but just recently registered.

I am from St Louis, (actually Wentzville), MO, I drive a 2009 JK. It is a daily driver, but I do get a chance to wheel it every once in a while!

Anyone else from St Louis area on here? Would love to get together.. You can find me at The Lot car show the 3rd Saturday of each month!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter View Post
    We have a 2000 Grand Cherokee 4x4 that we bought new that now has over 240,000 miles on it (6 cyl). We have had a lot of minor problems with it over the years, but nothing major, so far. It's been a great vehicle for hauling the kids around, and getting my wife to/from work when it snows. MPG averages about 19 (in 2WD) since the day we drove it home.
    We're getting ready to start looking for a replacement SUV, but I don't know if we'll go with another Jeep or something different.
    You might like the Patriot model, bowhunter. The body style is very similar to the Grand Cherokee. You can purchase it in either 2 or 4WD. It's a 4 cylinder, so it's better on gas mileage. I like the back door floor panel - it's carpeted on one side and hard plastic on the other side, which is good when you're hauling wet stuff. The back door floor panel is totally removable - good for vacuuming the carpeting side or rinsing off the plastic side. The spare tire is also under the back door floor panel. The back seats come down in a 60/40 split in case you need more room for hauling stuff. When we go camping, most of the stuff goes in the Jeep. The tent, screen house, and coolers go in my DH's S10 truck. The stereo has a jack for an MP3 player. We got the bare bones model with no power doors or power windows and we paid around $15K. It seats 5 comfortably.

http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/patriot/
    I'll be gone when the trumpet sounds,
    Ain't nothing gonna hold me down!
    - Decemberadio, "Believer"

Quote Originally Posted by kjlistrom View Post
    I've had 3 Wagoneers, the old full size Wagoneers. I loved the 4 wheel drive part but OOOOOHHHHHHH man for bad gas mileage with them. 6-8 miles to the gallon in town, on the hiway maybe 8-10.
    I hear ya there! I had a '79 cheif cherokee. Had the 360 in it, and got the same gas you just described.

But in all seriousness, folks, you should join my club. It's called Hummer/Jeep recovery team. We drive Suburbans.

(still got no smiles, so I'm pounding here)
    Last edited by gradywhite; August 23rd, 2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: brain laps. chief not grand

Do Trailblazers count as sub-Burbs?

Or is that more a revolting development....
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Do Trailblazers count as sub-Burbs?

Or is that more a revolting development....
    Hey, I like the trailblazers, but I got a wife and 2 girls, and my mother-in-law has a habbit of traveling with me. So I got have the room. (oh yeah, I pull a really big boat)

Are we hi-jacking here?

Only if you say Chevy's rule.... but we won't say that. TB's have a very good towing capacity, get her a trailer.

Ever read Sheep in a Jeep

Sheep sleep in a jeep until jeep creeps down a steep

sheep and a jeep....cheap.

Suburban is fueled up and tow ropes in place, if any of you 'jeepers' got stuck in that quake.

mtmoore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gradywhite View Post
    Suburban is fueled up and tow ropes in place, if any of you 'jeepers' got stuck in that quake.

I really think that Jeeps will be pulling you out!

Quote Originally Posted by mtmoore View Post

I note your plural. (sure, it would take a few to pull a suburban)

We own a Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4. I hope we can get 240k out of it. That'd be awesome. I like this Jeep, especially since they don't even make the popular model anymore. I can't tell you how many people have offered to buy it.

Default Me and dear husband have Jeeps!!

I have a 99 Cherokee Sport (black, 4 door) and he has a 2004 Columbia Edition Wrangler.................we're a Jeep family! (But we have no money to sup them up so we just drive them as they are
    Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

Tesla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mtmoore View Post

lol yup :P

Wife and I have been working hard to get our finances in order over the past year, and were able to get her a new 2012 Grand Cherokee yesterday!!
    Quite a change from our 2000 GC. It'll take months to figure out all the "bells and whistles".
    Attached Images Attached Images