Thread: People who have sold their souls

Default People who have sold their souls

I'm sure we all know some celebrity who has admitted to selling their soul. My question is even though they made a deal with the devil they can still give their life to Christ right? I mean it's not a done deal a no way out. I was just curious. I would think they still could repent and accept Jesus as their savior.
    16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. ( 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

I can't wait to go home soon!

I think selling your soul to the Devil is fictitious in the way it goes in the movies.Anyone who has not asked Jesus Christ into their lives and hearts and have not repented of their sins have sold their souls to Satan and will not go to Heaven.That is just my opinion. Anyone at any time can ask Jesus Christ into their lives and repent.It is never too late.

I don't know any celebrities who have stated such, but I think satanists and some others in the occult have pledged their soul to Satan, and been redeemed through the blood of Jesus Christ.

-Ted

The blood of Christ is so much more powerful than an oath to the father of lies.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Buzz has a link to an excellent Chick Tract on this very subject.

I'll see if I can do it.....

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0078/0078_01.asp

It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Thanks for the replies and chick tract.
    16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. ( 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

I don't believe it is too late for celebrities who have admitted or hinted to selling their souls. They may just be deceived into thinking it is too late for them so... why bother? We just need to pray for them that they see the light of truth in Jesus while they are still alive. It is no different then the many in this world at present who are deceived by the enemy to some degree.

God Bless

Remember the the thief on the cross who was next to Jesus and acknowledged him Jesus said "Today you will be with me in Paradise".

There are testimonies of folks who have come out of Satan-worship and become Christians, who even worshiped under Anton Laveigh (IMHO that's extreme Satan worship).

It's not impossible for God to redeem a soul while still alive on this earth, but the danger is I believe, when a person goes too deep into a sin for too long, and God gives them over to it. We don't know who's gone too deep and who hasn't so we just need to keep praying.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

Well I'll be praying for them. Anton is just really creepy.

GratefulOne Guest

Dear Vegan,

I read your post with much interest being that this has played havoc with my assurance of being forgiven all my life. Let me explain. As a young teenage Christian I had struggled with a particular secret sin. In a moment of weekness I made a deal with the devil to get what I wanted. After that I never seemed to be the same. Even after I had asked God to forgive me it was like the devil would say, remember our deal? You are now mine and are eternally lost! It would have been better if you had never been born. Hell now awaits you!.......until God showed me this verse.
    Most of us are familiar with the "Unpardonable Sin" passage. Well, if you read the fine print, Jesus says something that will set you free and settle this issue if you have made a "deal" with the devil. In Matthew 12:31 Jesus says, Wherefore I say unto you, (Straight from the mouth of our Saviour!), All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men. Did you see that!? All manner of sin! Is making a deal with the devil a sin? Absolutely! But God's forgiveness and grace is far greater than any sin that we can commit. Even any deal that we make with the devil can be forgiven.
    Hope this helps.

God Bless,
    Mike

AmyZan Guest

I can't say that I'm familiar with celebrities that have sold their souls, and a good many books about supposed Satan worship have been debunked, but I'm not sure you can sell your soul. I mean, whether you accept Jesus as your Savior or not, He is your Savior. I'm not saying people who deny Jesus go to Heaven, I'm just saying that ultimately, our souls belong to God. We don't have the right or ability to sell them.

As such, of course you could redeem yourself with the blood of Christ. That's for everyone. If redemption were only available for people who had not sinned, none of us would be saved.

Craisin Guest

A friend of mine told me of someone in her extended family (a great uncle or someone) who basically was demon possessed and he allowed it. hence selling his soul. Now please don't think they are a super spiritual superstitious family, extremely logical and down to earth, practical. So when she told me this I wasn't so skeptical about it. Apparently he finally shouted out on his death bed "God I hate my sin" and who knows, maybe that's what freed him. he died after that. but I think when it comes to selling the soul, you are basically selling your soul to love sin and to live in sin.
    To come to the point of hating sin, that's not of our nature, that's something that is of God and His holiness.

God's mercy extends to the greatest sinner, has anyone ever thought of the Cross saving even Satan himself? if he would repent. interesting thought no?
    It all has to do with the lack of repentance and desire to be free from sin and to enslave yourself to God's holiness.