Thread: Praise confuses the enemy?

Default Praise confuses the enemy?

Is there any scripture in the Bible that states Praising God will confuse the devil?

No, I haven't found any.

The enemy may be confused as to why, when the people of God find they are in dire circumstances, their hearts still overflow with praise to their wonderful King and Father, but I don't believe there's anything to indicate that an effect of praise makes the enemy confused.

Not the same thing, but there is this:

22And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

23For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.

24And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
    (2 Chronicles 20)

The people praised God and the physical enemies (not satan) ended up killing one another. Btw, there are many stories of that in modern Israel as well, not so sure about the praising in every case, but God seems *confound the (physical) enemy* sometimes when He is with His people in battle. (If anyone is interested in the stories of modern Israeli miracles, I recommend reading about them. Awesome!)

I'm interested to hear other answers.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by giest075 View Post
    Is there any scripture in the Bible that states Praising God will confuse the devil?
    Not that I know of. It's the first time I've come across this idea and a quick internet search didn't find any scholars that held this view, though I did find it being taught by Myles Munroe who, as far as I know, is part of the word of faith nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by giest075 View Post
    Not that I am aware of either. It actually doesn't make a lot of sense even just thinking about what we know about the Devil. The Devil was indeed one of God's angels and was even thought to be the head of music or associated with that. Praise toward God may upset him, but I can't think as to why it would "confuse" him.

There is however verses about God inhabiting the praises of His people: Psalm 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. 4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. 5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig