Thread: Gabriella Gifford..

Default Gabriella Gifford..

Hi all, I had a eye opening experience while watching the CNN debt bill pass today. Now before I just say what I was feeling, I want to make it clear there is no agenda to label anyone as the AC, but this really humbled me.

Today on the House floor, Gabriella Gifford was shown for the first time back in action since her "near fatal wound" to the head she received. What makes this so interesting, is that this could happen to any other politician and seem like common ground (since it won't be the first time) when the AC rules.

Again, I'm not making accusations or speculating as to "who" the AC is, just thought it was interesting that the politicians were praising and flocking near her after she suffered throughout this ordeal. It really makes me take notice as to the rapid pace this world is heading to it's demise.

Ok, sign off.

To me, Gifford's recovery was a medicinal one by the doctors of this world. The anti-christ's recovery however...will be a supernatural one by satanically-driven powers to mimic the resurrection of Christ. So, they're really two different things. But I do see what you're saying in the connections of people rushing to her, praising and stuff and what they'd do with the anti-christ. Anyways, people who have no love of God or discernment in them can be swayed by anything.
    My soul is in anguish.
    How long, O LORD, how long? -Psalms 6:3

Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. Revelations 22:12

Salvation!

For if you confess to others with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe with your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved! -Romans 10:9

"Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory!" Luke 21:27

Connie35 Guest

Am I reading this wrong, or are you finding something sinister in the show of affection and support shown to her by her colleagues?

It seems to me they were just very happy and supportive of her after she triumphed over a very serious , life threatening wound. I know I cheered for her as she was recuperating and going through various milestones of recovery.

I was watching the House vote when Giffords entered the chamber. At first I thought people were clapping for the bill but it hadn't passed yet. Then the man speaking on C-SPAN mentioned that Giffords's aides tweeted just moments before that Gabrielle was going back to Washington and said that it was probably her. It indeed was her. Anyway, we're all very happy for her; she's made a miraculous recovery.

i think its wonderful how well she is doing!

People love to see someone "back from the dead" or nearly so.

I saw that when my husband made it back to work after his near-fatal accident and head injury.

Actually, in our case, more attention was paid to my weight loss (about 45 pounds) than his recovery!

From a physical standpoint, it is actually easier to recover from something like a gunshot wound, or penetrating head injury, than a whole-brain injury like you'd sustain in a car wreck, where you hit your head on impact.

If they can keep the brain pressure down, fluids and blood, and super-oxygenate, the person can often recover.

We also have to give glory to God, of course.

I know I made a big fuss when "our" custodian made it back from sick leave for kidney cancer. It's just human nature.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I'm glad she is recovering so well. Now we all need to pray for her salvation.

God worked a miracle in her, but so did the doctors.

While Revelation 13:3 says: "One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast." It occurs AFTER the antichrist is already pretty apparent.

I agree with the others - its human nature to root for the under dog. She did nothing to deserve getting shot. She did nothing except schedule a meeting with her consistuancy and an evil young man decided to take his anger out.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie35 View Post
    Am I reading this wrong, or are you finding something sinister in the show of affection and support shown to her by her colleagues?
    You are reading it wrong.

My point wasn't to take away from her remarkable recovery from such a terrible incident. My point was eluding to my reference of the beast and head wound in the bible. I've found it hard to determine just how the beast would come back from such a life threatening wound. With the reminder of Gifford's head wound and the glory of God, I now know anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    God worked a miracle in her, but so did the doctors.
    Actually, God did the work in her recovery entirely. The doctors couldn't do anything to help anybody, if God had not revealed to researchers the medical procedures and pharmaceutical drugs by which these 'miraculous' recoveries come about.
    Nothing occurs apart from Him, and some doctors realize that without His wisdom, they have nothing to offer anybody.

To God be the glory for this woman's recovery.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by -wrEk- View Post
    I've found it hard to determine just how the beast would come back from such a life threatening wound..
    Supernaturally. He will do other signs and wonders as well.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Actually, God did the work in her recovery entirely. The doctors couldn't do anything to help anybody, if God had not revealed to researchers the medical procedures and pharmaceutical drugs by which these 'miraculous' recoveries come about.
    Nothing occurs apart from Him, and some doctors realize that without His wisdom, they have nothing to offer anybody.

To God be the glory for this woman's recovery.
    You are absolutely correct. My point, poorly worded though it was, was that the doctors were ABLE to bring her back through their God given skill and training - it wasn't like she was dead, entombed and came back, as opposed to the way the AC was presented in the Left Behind novels.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    You are absolutely correct. My point, poorly worded though it was, was that the doctors were ABLE to bring her back through their God given skill and training - it wasn't like she was dead, entombed and came back, as opposed to the way the AC was presented in the Left Behind novels.
    Not poorly worded, just my misunderstanding, that's all.

-Lynn