Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Petra

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,875

    Default Petra

    I am pretty convinced that after the abomination of desolation the jews will flee to Petra. I was watching a national geographic episode last night on netflix about Petra and I was somewhat amazed to discover that there is a whole city there built into the rock just waiting for someone to come occupie it.

    Do you believe that the Jews will flee to Petra or somewhere else and did you know that there is already a city there built long ago?
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlutz View Post
    Petra

    I am pretty convinced that after the abomination of desolation the jews will flee to Petra. I was watching a national geographic episode last night on netflix about Petra and I was somewhat amazed to discover that there is a whole city there built into the rock just waiting for someone to come occupie it.

    Do you believe that the Jews will flee to Petra or somewhere else and did you know that there is already a city there built long ago?
    Yes, I was aware of this. There is supposedly also an organization which currently delivers canned goods (etc) and Bibles there, to which one can contribute, if they so desire.

    I'm not sure whether the place the Jews will flee to will be Petra or Bozrah (see the scripture on "Bozrah"), or whether they are even two different locations (my memory is foggy on this, today ).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...e-anti-christ/


    Looks like Petra is located in Bozrah
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    14,955

    Default

    Petra is the place I most suspect will be the location that many Jews flee to as well. Yes, I knew that the area had been previously inhabited.
    Tall Timbers

  5. #5

    Default

    Jlutz, in my post above, I was almost going to post that I was sure Jack Kelley had an article about it, detailing this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sumter,Sc
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Yes, I was aware of this. There is supposedly also an organization which currently delivers canned goods (etc) and Bibles there, to which one can contribute, if they so desire.

    I'm not sure whether the place the Jews will flee to will be Petra or Bozrah (see the scripture on "Bozrah"), or whether they are even two different locations (my memory is foggy on this, today ).
    Bozrah IS Petra
    Joh 14:6 λεγει αυτω ο ιησους εγω ειμι η οδος και η αληθεια και η ζωη ουδεις ερχεται προς τον πατερα ει μη δι εμου

    Joh 14:6 dicit ei Iesus ego sum via et veritas et vita nemo venit ad Patrem nisi per me

    Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheymat View Post
    Bozrah IS Petra
    Thanks!

    Note to self: never post during brain fog.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sumter,Sc
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Thanks!

    Note to self: never post during brain fog.
    I know what you mean! I will come out of my summer brain fog tomorrow @ 7:15am. Thats when school offically starts!
    Joh 14:6 λεγει αυτω ο ιησους εγω ειμι η οδος και η αληθεια και η ζωη ουδεις ερχεται προς τον πατερα ει μη δι εμου

    Joh 14:6 dicit ei Iesus ego sum via et veritas et vita nemo venit ad Patrem nisi per me

    Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,627

    Default Pictures of Petra

    Here's a link to a neat site to view pictures and information about Petra.

    http://www.bibleplaces.com/petra.htm

  10. #10

    Default

    I believe that Petra was the place that Indiana Jones found the Holy Grail in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade." Looks like a beautiful place. I know some people take a pilgrimage and place bibles in there for when the Jews flee to it.
    Christ has died
    Christ is risen
    Christ WILL come again

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamHis View Post
    Here's a link to a neat site to view pictures and information about Petra.

    http://www.bibleplaces.com/petra.htm
    Thanks for posting the pictures.It is a beautiful place God has prepared for his own.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Yes, I was aware of this. There is supposedly also an organization which currently delivers canned goods (etc) and Bibles there, to which one can contribute, if they so desire.

    I'm not sure whether the place the Jews will flee to will be Petra or Bozrah (see the scripture on "Bozrah"), or whether they are even two different locations (my memory is foggy on this, today ).
    There was a post/thread here long ago about a some guy in the early 1900's (?) who hid different portions of Scripture in Petra for the Jewish Trib saints...

    Okay, I'm having a brain fog too! I just remember it was so cool to think Petra is being prepared for God's people.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Getting ready to move on.
    Posts
    2,989

    Israel

    I've been to Petra. It had been inhabited by the Nabateans. It is the place called "Alexandretta" from the one Indiana Jones movie.

    I hadn't heard about Bibles being hidden around there. That's just wonderful!!! It is in the country of Jordan and I am curious as to how the Jews will escape to there. The Jordanians are not very welcoming to them. Living there is not going to be a cake walk for the Jews. First, a large portion of the place is actually graves. The bones of dead men were and may still be there, making the place ritually 'unclean' to them.

    Secondly, animals have been using the caves there as toilets for centuries. I went in a couple of them and couldn't believe the horrible odors!!!!! I do believe this is one of the places the Lord has set aside as a place of protection for His chosen people, but unless He decides to supernaturally, cleanse it, it's not going to be a picnic.

    There is another site that would be and equally wonderful place for them to take refuge. That place is Masada. It's huge, capable of storing up to 7 years worth of water and well protected. Every member of the IDF swears the following oath: "Masada will not fall again". I can't help but think this is inspired by the Lord. Masada is also not a walk in the park. It may not have the same issues Petra has, but it is terribly hot up there. I know, I've been there as well.

    An interesting thing about Masada is that there are birds there that are found nowhere else in the world! Not even in any other part of Israel! They seem to possess a strange sort of intelligence. When my tour group was all seated underneath a canopy (blessed shade), listening to our tour guide, some of the birds actually came and stood next to us and really seemed to be listening to what our tour guide was saying. I asked about that and Pilar (our tour guide) explained that the birds often do that. They showed complete comfort sitting while sitting next to us and really seemed intent on listening to Pilar.

    An old Jewish legend says that these birds contain the souls of those who sacrificed their lives on Masada rather than being taken captive by the Romans and forced to worship pagan deities. Pilar thought it could be possible that these birds were already being assembled for the feast of Revelation 19:17-18. I was just fascinated by these places and knowing that they would one day, protect people from the wrath of the ac. The Lord is truly amazing!!




    My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.


    Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    It is in the country of Jordan and I am curious as to how the Jews will escape to there. The Jordanians are not very welcoming to them.
    Interesting tidbits and insight especially since you've been there. How cool!

    In every act of agression, Israel has gained more of her land from the Arabs. It makes sense to me that before the AOD and the Jewish believers have to flee, that Israel might have gained that land back from Jordan.

    An old Jewish legend says that these birds contain the souls of those who sacrificed their lives on Masada rather than being taken captive by the Romans and forced to worship pagan deities. Pilar thought it could be possible that these birds were already being assembled for the feast of Revelation 19:17-18. I was just fascinated by these places and knowing that they would one day, protect people from the wrath of the ac. The Lord is truly amazing!!
    That's colorful lore but we know that human souls are not in birds.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321

    Default

    While circumstantial I find it interesting that Southern Jordan is going to be the only region protected from the antichrist. The only place in the world outside of the Antichrist's control will be where petra happens to be.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFrancisco View Post
    While circumstantial I find it interesting that Southern Jordan is going to be the only region protected from the antichrist. The only place in the world outside of the Antichrist's control will be where petra happens to be.
    JF - Either I forgot that or never knew that. Please explain.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    JF - Either I forgot that or never knew that. Please explain.
    Daniel 11

    41 He shall also enter the Glorious Land, and many countries shall be overthrown; but these shall escape from his hand: Edom, Moab, and the prominent people of Ammon.

    This is speaking of the conquests by the antichrist after the halfway mark. Edom, Moab and ammon are what we know today as Jordan. Again circumstantial but interesting that the antichrist won't be allowed to take Jordan.

  18. #18

    Default

    If I recall rightly, Arnold Fruchtenbaum covers that in his book "The Footsteps of the Messiah"...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in Christ alone
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    An interesting thing about Masada is that there are birds there that are found nowhere else in the world! Not even in any other part of Israel! They seem to possess a strange sort of intelligence. When my tour group was all seated underneath a canopy (blessed shade), listening to our tour guide, some of the birds actually came and stood next to us and really seemed to be listening to what our tour guide was saying. I asked about that and Pilar (our tour guide) explained that the birds often do that. They showed complete comfort sitting while sitting next to us and really seemed intent on listening to Pilar.

    An old Jewish legend says that these birds contain the souls of those who sacrificed their lives on Masada rather than being taken captive by the Romans and forced to worship pagan deities. Pilar thought it could be possible that these birds were already being assembled for the feast of Revelation 19:17-18. I was just fascinated by these places and knowing that they would one day, protect people from the wrath of the ac. The Lord is truly amazing!!
    I know those birds! They're Tristam's Grackles. The male has shiny black plumage and flashes orange wing patches in flight. The female is duller, with a gray-brown head. I love that old Jewish legend, but I think they might have been waiting for someone to give them some food. At our canopy (the same one you sat under), EyesToSee fed them half his lunch by hand bit by bit, yummy pita bread and french fries. They nest in rock crevices (Masada has the perfect habitat), and their range is confined to Israel and parts of Jordan and Arabia.

    I hadn't heard about Bibles being hidden in Petra either. The Arabs comb the place for ancient coins and such and would be sure to find the hiding spots unless God Himself covered them.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFrancisco View Post
    Daniel 11

    41 He shall also enter the Glorious Land, and many countries shall be overthrown; but these shall escape from his hand: Edom, Moab, and the prominent people of Ammon.

    This is speaking of the conquests by the antichrist after the halfway mark. Edom, Moab and ammon are what we know today as Jordan. Again circumstantial but interesting that the antichrist won't be allowed to take Jordan.
    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    If I recall rightly, Arnold Fruchtenbaum covers that in his book "The Footsteps of the Messiah"...
    Thank you, thank you to you both! I love it!!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •