Thread: Have 5 of the 7 trumpets allready sounded?

Default Have 5 of the 7 trumpets allready sounded?

According to Revelation 10:7, the rapture happens after the sixth trumpet?
    Could someone please clarify?
    God bless you!

but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets. ESV

Please look at this page;
    < mod edit link >

It claims that 5 trumpets have already sounded, and gives reasons to each one.
    Last edited by iSong6:3; August 17th, 2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: edited link

First of all this is a pre-tribulation rapture forum. We believe we will certainly be raptured out of here before it begins.

Second the Tribulation cannot start without the signing of the peace Treaty with the Anti-christ. Since that has not occurred yet the Tribulation cannot of begun let alone be up to the fifth or sixth Trumpet.

REV 8:7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

REV 8:8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

REV 8:10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water-- 11 the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

REV 8:12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

REV 8:13 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

REV 9:1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.
    So you believe that all these things have already occurred?

Look around you where is the evidence this has happened?

So where are these scorpion like locusts hiding?

Not to mention there is no current Anti-christ that managed to sign a peace treaty with Israel yet.

No two witnesses currently spreading the gospel day and night in Jerusalem.

No Temple being built in which the Anti-christ will place his abomination.

There should be 144,000 witnesses going out through the earth sharing God's gospel message.

None of the above has yet happened.

Hence we are not in the Tribulation. We are still waiting for a peace treaty between the Anti-christ and Israel. We are still waiting for the Tribulation to begin.

We are still waiting for the Rapture that will occur before the Tribulation starts.

Jesusloves - I realize you're new here and you're very welcome to ask questions, that's how we all learn.

Just to remind you that this is a pre-Trib/pre-six seals/pre-etc. site and we don't want arguments against our position, even if it is in the form of a non-pre-Trib website. Not at all saying you were making them, nonetheless, it was deleted.

Here's the rule for the remainder of this thread, and I expect you'll get more excellent answers other than Mitsy's.

[15] No promotion of Mid, Post Tribulation, Prewrath, Partial Rapture, Preterism, or Replacement theology. This board is traditional Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Pre 6 Seals, Pre 70th week, and Pre-Millennial Dispensational of End Times Prophecy. No posting alternative theories from other websites.... http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=2
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by JesusLoves View Post
    Context is key.
    Look again - No mention of the Church being around after Rev 3 - The Church is not mentioned again until Rev 22.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsy View Post
    First of all this is a pre-tribulation rapture forum. We believe we will certainly be raptured out of here before it begins.

Second the Tribulation cannot start without the signing of the peace Treaty with the Anti-christ. Since that has not occurred yet the Tribulation cannot of begun let alone be up to the fifth or sixth Trumpet.

So you believe that all these things have already occurred?

Look around you where is the evidence this has happened?

So where are these scorpion like locusts hiding?

Not to mention there is no current Anti-christ that managed to sign a peace treaty with Israel yet.

No two witnesses currently spreading the gospel day and night in Jerusalem.

No Temple being built in which the Anti-christ will place his abomination.

There should be 144,000 witnesses going out through the earth sharing God's gospel message.

None of the above has yet happened.

Hence we are not in the Tribulation. We are still waiting for a peace treaty between the Anti-christ and Israel. We are still waiting for the Tribulation to begin.

We are still waiting for the Rapture that will occur before the Tribulation starts.

this reply really says it all. You have to put it in context with things we know will happen. And as was stated above none of these things has happened yet.

Most people look at 1948 (Israel becoming a nation) as one of the greatest signs of fullfilled prophecy in our lifetime. Jesus said that the generation that is alive then, will be alive to see his second coming (Matt 24:34)

In order for the other events to take place (the anti christ, tribulation, ect) A 7 year peace treaty must be signed with Israel first. Many people also believe that the Ezekiel 38-39 war and Isaiah 17 must happen first.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by Jlutz View Post
    In order for the other events to take place (the anti christ, tribulation, ect) A 7 year peace treaty must be signed with Israel first. Many people also believe that the Ezekiel 38-39 war and Isaiah 17 must happen first.
    The Ezekiel 38-39 war describes the wrath of God. We are not appointed to His wrath so as much as I'd love to see the world stumble over itself for a 'logical explanation' to the destruction of Israel's enemies, I tend to think we'll be out of here before that, and that the Gog/Magog War is in fact a part of 2nd Horseman.

Isaiah 17/Psalm 83 though...imminent. The AntiChrist and his miracle peace (the 1st Horseman) would come perfectly on the heels of this war.
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    The Ezekiel 38-39 war describes the wrath of God. We are not appointed to His wrath so as much as I'd love to see the world stumble over itself for a 'logical explanation' to the destruction of Israel's enemies, I tend to think we'll be out of here before that, and that the Gog/Magog War is in fact a part of 2nd Horseman.

Isaiah 17/Psalm 83 though...imminent. The AntiChrist and his miracle peace (the 1st Horseman) would come perfectly on the heels of this war.

what i meant was that EZ 38-39 has to happen before the peace treaty. At least that is what i believe
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post

I tend to agree with you, in this.

Sleepy little town in southern North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusLoves View Post
    Could someone please clarify?
    God bless you!

but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets. ESV

Please look at this page;
    < mod edit link >

It claims that 5 trumpets have already sounded, and gives reasons to each one.

Hey people, just wondering, did anyone notice that this post is in the form of a question? by a new member nonetheless? A wise friend of mine once told me that 'we may be right in our position but wrong in our disposition'. It's possible to win a battle and lose the war.

Quote Originally Posted by me go! View Post
    Hey people, just wondering, did anyone notice that this post is in the form of a question? by a new member nonetheless? A wise friend of mine once told me that 'we may be right in our position but wrong in our disposition'. It's possible to win a battle and lose the war.
    Yes this was just a question. I wasn't in any way trying to divert people's attention from Jesus. All I wanted to know was what Revelation 10:7 really meant. :p

Thank you all for your replies and wisdom, I do appreciate it.

me go, I'm so glad you posted that! It sure makes my heart happy when a young person wants to learn. JesusLoves, jump right in with your questions. We're all here to help one another and there is always more to learn.
    When He was on the cross, You were on His mind.

Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by me go! View Post
    Hey people, just wondering, did anyone notice that this post is in the form of a question?
    Yes. And answers (and explanations) are being given in reply.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Hi JesusLoves, and welcome.

Here is a really good article explaining the last trumpet: http://www.gotquestions.org/last-trumpet.html

That's a great link, Shonsu!

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    Hi JesusLoves, and welcome.

Here is a really good article explaining the last trumpet: http://www.gotquestions.org/last-trumpet.html
    When He was on the cross, You were on His mind.

Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.

Default Have they???

no.