Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthquake in DC?

I'm late to the game, but it's a gorgeous day here in Northern VA, had the windows open, fan going, and I'd just nodded off for a little nap when the earth started shaking. The dishes in the china cabinet rattled a bit, a box of cereal fell off the top of the fridge, and a kitchen drawer was opened a little. Other than that it was business as usual. Wasn't frightened at all, in fact, I was hoping it had something to do with the "dead in Christ rising first" and we were going Home. Unfortunately, it wasn't. But, I think it's another sign that Jesus pointed to that would be happening in the last days - earthquakes in divers places because when you think of earthquakes, you don't immediately think of VA.

My oldest son lives in northern Virginia - I just spoke to him. He was working in Rockville and at first the low rumble made him think there was construction in the area. But when the desks started shaking and pictures rattling, he figured they were experiencing an earthquake, his first.

When all had calmed down, a gal in his office said she called her father because he is "very religious," and since he was still there, she breathed a sigh of relief that she hadn't been left behind. I told Patrick that if she has any doubts, she needs to talk to her "Other Father."
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

i hear some people in Brunswick say they felt it. i don't believe them

Quote Originally Posted by laney View Post
    Geologists identified the exact location today where the
    tectonic plates shifted under the Washington Area and the Obama administration
    has decided to name it Bush's fault.

I cannot take credit for this.someone posted it on a blog.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Looks like even the continent is starting to buckle under our debt load. I'd say run for the hills, but the hills were shaking this time. Serious question, between natural disasters and sinful man, is there any place that's safe anymore?
    Ephesians 3:17-18
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    Looks like even the continent is starting to buckle under our debt load. I'd say run for the hills, but the hills were shaking this time. Serious question, between natural disasters and sinful man, is there any place that's safe anymore?
    The golf course at Martha's Vineyard. The earthquake didn't appear to affect the prezident's golf game.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    The sad truth is that there is no where safe anymore, it is just the world we live in. I've lived through riots and been involved in bomb scares and I'm only sixteen. Hopefully the rapture is soon, this earthquake seems like a "birth pang".

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    i hear some people in Brunswick say they felt it. i don't believe them
    Only Brunswick I know of is in Georgia, and it's down on the coast. Since you are in Maine, may I guess that you mean New Brunswick? Or are you talking about a different Brunswick entirely?
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Felt it here in Raleigh, NC. Freaky. Very rare for us here.

Okay, confession time. This is probably just so un-Christian, but when I heard of the earthquake in DC, and the pentagon shaking, etc., - I chuckled. Not a loud, boastful laugh, - but I have to admit, I find it rather humorous in light of everything going on.
    My bad?

Lord Jesus, I wanna come home!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC03Cobra View Post
    Fox News is reporting that the Washington Monument is leaning. Add to that Hurricane Irene is bearing down on the east coast and could hit land fall as a Cat 4. Maranatha.
    Eyewitness reports have debunked the Washington Monument story. It's not damaged.

It wasn't an earthquake....it was Obama's approval ratings hitting the floor!

Ok...can't take credit for that..I read it on a blog and had to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    My first thought; how appropriate.

Second thought, Thanks, Lord, I needed some encouragement.

I really don't think we'll be here for long now.
    Me, too, Heather!! Same exact thoughts!! Maranatha!!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    Okay, confession time. This is probably just so un-Christian, but when I heard of the earthquake in DC, and the pentagon shaking, etc., - I chuckled. Not a loud, boastful laugh, - but I have to admit, I find it rather humorous in light of everything going on.
    My bad?

Oh, thank you, dear Sis! I had one of those "moments" not long ago. (And I have had a few the past couple of weeks...) When I do (have these "moments") I always look up and ask God to forgive me. You have helped me realize I'm not alone.
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Felt it in Asheville, NC. All the shaking woke me up (I work nights).

So glad it was not a huge catastrophe... as it was in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
    So glad it was not a huge catastrophe... as it was in Japan
    i'm in pa and we felt it here. the desks and pictures shook. all i could think of was how the people in japan felt. ours was so small compared to them. and i bet people in california think this was a small one too.
    Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32

Hill Country, Texas - transplanted from Houston

someone told me it was actually our fore fathers rolling over in their graves...

sorry, couldn't help it

So, is there any region left in the U.S. that hasn't been shook yet this year?
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    My bad?

How true! I was telling a group of seniors at my work in our AM discussion group about how the Bible talks about lawlessness
    in the last days and how we are now in them. And that was about 2 hours before this latest birth pang! But I didnt feel a thing
    here a few miles from Boston. My daughter said she did though.
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !