Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake in DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    Only Brunswick I know of is in Georgia, and it's down on the coast. Since you are in Maine, may I guess that you mean New Brunswick? Or are you talking about a different Brunswick entirely?
    just regular Brunswick, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
    Just wait until next month!These blimps won't even come close to whats going to happen when the UN,US,EU vote to declare the palestininas half of Judea samaria and Jerusalem..Just wait and watch!!!!
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I have a book titled "As America Has Done to Israel" by John P. McTernan. A very interesting read.

Also, a friend of mine just gave me a book written by David Wilkerson (Sword and Switchblade author) titled The Vision", and he
    predicted the earthquake in Japan, followed by a massive one here in the US, either in the middle or on east coast. It was written
    quite awhile ago, now I have to getup and get it!
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

OK, got it ( and a tootsie roll, yum). It was originally published in 1973. Mods, is it ok if I type a passage from it?
    Thanks
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

Another RR member checking in: I live about 30 miles from the epicenter (by way of the crow), near Fredericksburg, VA. However, I am in Va Beach on vacation, we felt it pretty good here too, I was wondering if my house was ok, and my dog... We have a dog sitter who called us and told us, she was scared to death, after settling down she checked the house (next door neighbor) and we had several things fall to the floor (no details though) and the dog is ok. I am sure its minor stuff. So what was my first comment to my wife? What was my first thought? To the wife: Well we should be expecting the Rapture anytime, her response: "Oh Pleeessse"... First thought: Wow I sure hope the Rapture did not just occur, then I dismissed the thought realizing I did not hear the trump... Anyway we all seem to be ok here on RR, so that's a blessing. My final thought... Hmmm... Colorado yesterday... Virginia today... Whats in the middle West to East? San Madrid in the Midwest... Lets pray that thing does not blow...

In response to the news the Washington Monument is leaning (I have no clue), but I can tell you (as I am in DC pretty frequently), if it was to fall to the North, it would land pointing directly at the White House. (just like a gameboard spinner)
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

I pray that many realize that God is trying to get peoples attention. He is trying to wake people up before it is too late. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Donna V. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 3forJesus View Post
    ][/B]

I ask myself the same thing ALL the time! I have so many dear friends and family members who claim to be saved, but who don't want to hear or talk about end time events at all. I'm not saying that in itself is a salvation issue, but it boggles my mind that Christians can not only show no interest in the Word, but that they can be so adamantly OPPOSED to it! So sad and frustrating!

I know exactly how you feel. True that their apathy about what is happening is not a sign of their salvation but it is sad to not even have that blessed hope in waiting for Jesus to come. I have some presumedly saved friends who could care less about these things. In fact a couple that are more upset that their church has taken away their entertainment and now they have nothing as well as complain where they try to replace the entertainment with mission type things to be involved in.

Default Awesome link showing overall activity

http://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse
    Very neat site about earthquakes the past 14 days.

We are close to the epicenter of the quake. So far only one store I know of is closed for structural damage out in Culpepper, VA. We had a few small things break from falling. Next is the hurricane.

I heard on the news why so many states felt the earthquake it is because these states on the east coast all sit on a single plate where the west coast is all split up so one area having an earthquake there may not feel it in another area. When this single plate on the east coast moves it can be felt everywhere that plate sits so that is why so many people in different states were aware of the quake. When driving you don't really feel it but once I thought I had a flat tire and it turned out an earthquake had happened right then that was when I lived in California. Also my son was out walking once when we had another one out there and he fell down and was puzzled as to why he had fallen and it turns out that was at the precise time the earthquake hit the area we lived in yet he hadn't felt it just fell while I was at home and had rushed to get into a doorway it lasted a long time too and while I felt it he hadn't he had just fallen. Earthquakes are scary but then all natural disasters are.

Donna V. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Wow I just wake up this morning (AEST) to read this news. This is unusual in this area is it?
    I'm from VA and it is very rare in that area. Can't speak for the rest of the east coast but it does seem odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    Interesting observations:

We are almost exactly one lunar month away from the UN vote to divide Israel (9/20), a potential spiritual earthquake of Biblical proportions.

The recent Colorado and Virginia quakes were both on the 37th parallel.

The 37th parallel runs directly through the projected epicenter of the New Madrid seismic zone.

Thanks H777! I was wondering about the two places being on the same lat. Was there also a place north of India on the 30 something parallel with a very recent quake? Lazy me - I could look it up.
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

My husband and I are on vacation in D.C. and was at the National Archives when the Quake hit. And had just said a prayer in the Rotunda 15 min. pryor asking God to watch over our Country. Do you suppose this was his answer? It was pretty scary but we are planning on going back into D.C. tomorrow.

We were going to head to Virginia Beach Friday but not sure if I'm up for an Earthquake and Hurricane in the same week.
    rrfan62 formerly known as Always Serving
    Member since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Donna V. View Post
    I'm from VA and it is very rare in that area. Can't speak for the rest of the east coast but it does seem odd.
    Drudge says it's the most powerful in 67 yrs on the East Coast.
    http://news.yahoo.com/quake-rocks-wa...181550612.html

Yay! Laney!!

Quote Originally Posted by laney View Post
    Geologists identified the exact location today where the
    tectonic plates shifted under the Washington Area and the Obama administration
    has decided to name it Bush's fault.

I cannot take credit for this.someone posted it on a blog.
    Laney!! I almost woke the household up! ROFL!!!! Good find!
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Here is a good story on this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14634730 Can we go home now?
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Well,who is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Did they say how much it was tilting? That's pretty interesting. Now, like the leaning tower of pisa, we'll have a more grand tourist attraction.
    And just like pisa, the tourists will get off the bus, look at it, and say, "yup, it leans!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I was bracing myself for the California big one, not the East Coast big one
    No...not a California big one! All my loved ones and myself live in Cali! Interesting to say the least...an earthquake like this is very rare...diverse places indeed. Speaking of getting O's attention...not only was there an earthquake, but a huge...gigantuous....hurricane is barreling toward the east coast! I for one am so thankful that I know Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by NORAD View Post
    Thanks H777! I was wondering about the two places being on the same lat. Was there also a place north of India on the 30 something parallel with a very recent quake? Lazy me - I could look it up.
    In addition to the 37th parallel states of CO, VA and central CA that have had earthquakes in the last 7 days, we can also include JAPAN, GREECE, and AFGHANISTAN as hits. I checked only the USGS stats and not the other 3 services that give better reporting on Europe and Asia.

For a complete list of nations and US states on the 37th parallel, see the link below. Amazingly, every single nation in the list is either at war, preparing for war or in dire financial straits. Virtually all have had earthquakes within the last 30 days. My head is spinning in disbelief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37th_parallel_north

Hey ~ I felt the earthquake here in Georgia for about 15 seconds. So I turned the tv on to watch
    local news about it. And there's FOX News reporting about an earthquake in D.C. ???

Just weird. It's really incredible how far this one spread.

gin
    Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy flight!

This earthquake has played on my mind all day. Obviously not because of the damage it caused, where little major damage was reported as I understand, but because of the vast spread, or at least locations given they were separate earthquakes from, Washington to New York. That is crazy and may be an ominous indication of more quakes in these regions in the future.