Thread: David Barton and Brannon Howse and America's founding and destiny

Default David Barton and Brannon Howse and America's founding and destiny

I've been thinking a lot about the whole founding Fathers thing. We kind of got sidetracked in the Glenn Beck thread into a discussion of the Founders and their faith.

David Barton of Wallbuilders used to be an associate of Brannon Howse of Worldview weekend. They have parted ways now, and Chris Pinto is now an associate that Brannon relies on when discussing the founding and destiny of our nation.

We have two opposing views here. David Barton does spiritual heritage tours highlighting our Christian roots, and Chris Pinto does documentaries (not sure if he does tours) showing the Masonic roots of our nation.

As we look at the direction our nation is heading, these 2 views seem to be very significant as far as how we will choose to be involved in the kingdom of God--as we pray "Thy kingdom come". David Barton sides with Glenn Beck and the Dominionists--we need to take action and have courage. Join together--the we are many, they are few idea. Let's put aside our differences and do the right thing. Let's take back our nation and save the constitution. A paradigm shift is coming--and also buy gold and emergency supplies and guns.

Brannon Howse and Chris Pinto are emphasizing the Religious trojan horse idea. All this unity will set us up for a one world religion and one world government. The dangerous attitude to hold will be of the exclusivity of the gospel.

The whole argument about whether our founders were believers or not seems to play into the belief that America has a covenant relationship with God, and that if we repent and pray God will hear from Heaven and heal our land. The problem is, I believe this verse was talking about Israel. While I would like to think we are a blessed and supernaturally protected people because of our great beginning, I don't read the Bible in this way.

Thoughts?

You can't take these two guys and come to a conclusion whether America was founded upon Christianity... You have to go and research the history, read the founders. The documents are available. Forget what these two guys say, read for yourselves.

I also have a hard time accepting anything historical from Christ Pinto due to the fact that he appears to be heavily involved in the whole founder's conspiracy theory, and has stated they wanted to create a new Atlantis....

Plus, when I see this written about his videos from this guy I'm done:
    "That filmmaker is a genius" -- Alex Jones, Info-Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    You can't take these two guys and come to a conclusion whether America was founded upon Christianity... You have to go and research the history, read the founders. The documents are available. Forget what these two guys say, read for yourselves.

I also have a hard time accepting anything historical from Christ Pinto due to the fact that he appears to be heavily involved in the whole founder's conspiracy theory, and has stated they wanted to create a new Atlantis....

Plus, when I see this written about his videos from this guy I'm done:
    To start off with that is throwing the baby out with the bath water. Lets let what Pinto and Barton each say stand on its own merit. They both claim to go to the original and quote as such. Lets go to the original and see what it says. Because Pinto may have mentioned Atlantis(link please) and Alex Jones endorsed it doesnt mean anything to me, substance does.
    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Thomas Jefferson - Deist

Wrote the Jefferson Bible and took out all the miracles, the virgin birth, the resurrection and ascension of Jesus and the entire Book of Revelation
    http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/

"It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Book of Revelation], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherencies of our own nightly dreams."
    --Thomas Jefferson, letter to General Alexander Smyth, January 17, 1825

“In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.”
    --Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814

This next quote was concerning the Jefferson Bible

“Among the sayings and discourses imputed to Him by His biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others, again, of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism and imposture … I separate, therefore, the gold from the dross … and leave the latter to the stupidity of some, and roguery of others of His disciples. Of this band of dupes and impostors, Paul was the … first corruptor of the doctrines of Jesus.”
    --Jefferson, letter to W. Short, April 13, 1820
    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

I am interested in all the historical discussion of course, but let's get back to the end results. (The destiny part)

I would argue that everyone will look at the facts and find evidence supporting their presuppositions. Chris Pinto is finding documentation to support that Masonic interests were heavily involved in our founding, and that this will tie into a new world order. ergo--be very watchful and cautious of who you associate with because you don't know where they are leading you.

I admit that he seems sensationalistic at times. I am willing to consider arguments against his assertions.

Glenn Beck will look for anything that will give you a burning in your bosom to rescue the constitution in its time of greatest need. Ergo--Join together and fight off the darkness. All faiths can and should contribute. Stop your silly bickering.

David Barton uses quotes and stories to support the view that America is a nation founded on Biblical principles, and the solution to our problems is to get back to our roots. ergo--let all the good men rise up and take back our country.
    Last edited by booklover; August 25th, 2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added a parenthesis