Thread: Hi everyone just looking for advice ...

tbbs Guest

Default Hi everyone just looking for advice ...

Hey everyone. you all probably not know me since I never post anything.. I come here tonight because I'm having such a difficult time with my christian life and I really need some advice. I attend a church and it's awesome I learn so much from each service and everytime I attend the services I strongly feel God is talking to me everytime. I'm a 26 year old single male with a christian girlfriend, that really have a hard time dealing with sexual temptation. It is the ONE thing that i feel it keeps me apart from the Lord. It's one of those subjects that isn't talked about at church or by other christian brothers, so It is hard to take advice on a subject that no one talks about. It is very frustrating for me because I really want to please God in absolutely everything, he knows my heart and knows this is true. I come to this board because I've been having some pretty apocalyptic dreams every night for the past week.. I never had these dreams but God has always spoken to me through dreams ever since I was little. So I came by to see what the heck is going on since you guys are much better informed.. then I realized I should take the opportunity to post here and ask for advice on the subject. Honestly, not just because of my dreams, but also I feel strongly in my Heart that something very significant is going to happen.. I feel this like never before, and I'm very sensitive towards this kind of stuff, always have been. So I just pray to God that we will find me worthy of being raptured. Yet... I find myself struggling so much with this issue that sometimes I feel it's defeating me.

Thank you all for hearing me out.

Take care.

1stly, none of us are worthy, but Jesus made us clean when we accepted Him as Lord and Savior. 2ndly, if you love the girl, and you've been dating for long enough to really know her, ask her to marry you. 3rdly, It does appear that things could be lining up for the world to enter into the Tribulation period, which, if that is the case, makes the rapture which has long been imminent, very, very imminent. However, we don't know how long the timeline will stretch, so keep on living while you're looking up. God bless you.
    Tall Timbers

Praying for you and for your girlfriend, that our Lord Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit will keep your heart and your mind pure.
    Do you love her? If so, then love her as Christ loved the church, which means protecting her spiritually, - not leading her astray toward anything that would separate her from Christ.
    I would encourage you to pray this through, and ask for help in overcoming these thoughts. Ask for him to help you to love the way Christ loves, that you may keep yourself pure, and protect the purity of your girlfriend in this relationship. God is faithful to all those who ask for his help. Draw closer to Jesus, and you will be surprised how quickly he will douse that fire.
    If the temptation is that great, and you are both struggling, - marry her, before you both fall into this sin, which could damage your relationship.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, that God will help you to overcome temptation, and keep you blameless. Jesus is coming soon. Are you willing to accept 7 years of the worst tribulation you could ever imagine to satisfy lust? Do you want to lead your girlfriend down this path with you?

Come Lord Jesus, I wanna go home!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

good advice Timbers

just make sure she is the right girl if you ask her to marry you.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Hi tebbs,
    1 Corinthians 7 might help you decide what to do.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Corinthians+7&version=NKJV

(having trouble trying to make linking work, sorry)

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

I agree it is better to marry than burn with lust...You are 26...way past time to get hitched IMO. Our culture puts it off way too long IMHO. The average guy is not wired to wait that long. Paul told us exactly how to deal with this problem. Get married. Make sure you are good friends and have lots in common with the woman you plan to ask. Of course it is a given she must know the Lord as her savior too.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

tbbs Guest

Thanks for replies. about the marrying situation, well I'm not from the states, in my country it is actually very normal for a man to mary around 29 or 30. and 26 is still not considered a good age to marry, this is because of the socioeconomical/cultural context in which we live in. I've noticed in the states, men get married when they are 22 or 23! wow! that's definetaly very very odd in my country. Anyways, I know getting married is the most obvious decision, but I'm really not looking to get married at least not yet, I have to accomplish some things before I do this. This is probably why I'm having such a hard time with this situation and just have to fight this until the day I get married.