Thread: Buyer Beware! How is your Mayor doing? High Density Zoning changes lurking in your neighborhood

Default Buyer Beware! How is your Mayor doing? High Density Zoning changes lurking in your neighborhood

Citizens--have you noticed high density rentals popping up around your house, with little public input? Check out this organization that is taking cities by surprise...see if your community is affected by what is going on.

Get involved...speak up and keep us posted.

(I checked and one of our two major Cities in Central FL is a member of ECLEI)...a sort of Al-Gore-save-the-earth-from-global-warming-and fill-in-low-income-housing-stimulus-warning)
    excerpts...

CLEI methods include infiltrating local government. Organization representatives seek to be hired into local planning departments or they provide “toolkits” to staff. Too many elected officials such as Cool Mayors allow ICLEI to influence policy changes through the use of funding incentives and rewards. While some of these policies sound good on the surface, they result in consequences such as:

High-density housing scams
    Traffic congestion
    Open space where access is not allowed
    Government “partnering” with favored private businesses and non-profit agencies, using your tax money
    Undermining Constitutional administration of government
    Managed control over your life
    Mismanagement of public utilities
    Prohibitions on natural resource management leading to increased fire hazards, lack of water, and private property restrictions,
    Increased taxes, fees, regulations and restrictions
    Is ICLEI running your town or coming to a town near you?

Are your elected officials being lured into enacting ridiculous rules and regulations in exchange for funding? Do your elected officials know that there are long term consequences to their irresponsible actions?

Currently there are more than 550 communities in North America paying membership dues to ICLEI. Upon becoming a member of ICLEI, members become governed by ICLEI Charter. If your community is one of these, you are paying for the loss of your unalienable rights.

Has your town, city or county signed on with ICLEI? Find out here:

USA member list and easy read list < click member list, then on your town to learn more

International member list <I will post the link when I find it.

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/arti...d_20090804364/

Ask an unbeliever this simple question: why is this year even called 2013, anyway?
    ...who IS the standard measurement of all time in HIStory?

2013 A.D.
    * Anno Domini - means "Anno Domini Nostri Iesu <Jesu> Christi ("In the Year of Our Lord Jesus")

Default government using your tax dollars against you...

more excerpts...

"It is also ICLEI’s job to implement United Nation’s policies that restructure our representative form of government through global and regional development (< click and then view slide show). Policies and programs take control from our representative government and put it into the hands of regional, non-elected boards. This allows elected officials to shirk their responsibilities. It turns us into a soviet system that is based on Regionalism. It facilitates both communism and fascism. Representative government with defined limits is the basis of a free and just society. "

government using your tax dollars against you...

Ask an unbeliever this simple question: why is this year even called 2013, anyway?

2013 A.D.
    * Anno Domini - means "Anno Domini Nostri Iesu <Jesu> Christi ("In the Year of Our Lord Jesus")

I live in the DC suburbs so there's no room to build anything at this point. And we've already got traffic congestion so adding more traffic probably wouldn't garner any attention around here because we're used to sitting and waiting to get anywhere.

I had an ironic chuckle when I read this...

Two thoughts immediately popped into my head:

1. U.N.'s Agenda 21 (yep - says so on the front page of their website)
    2. My city is definitely a member

I live in Hillsboro, Oregon, city is a member, but it doesn't look like they've done much with it. The "cool mayor" schtick fits Sam Adams to a T (thank you Lord, that this man is NOT seeking re-election). Portland is of course the prototype perfect city for this type of agenda and yep - they've been a member since 1991.

I would love to see a contrast of red states/blue states and the cities listed as members. Wanna bet that the predominance lies in blue states??? (don't - definitely a sucker's bet)

I don't have to click. Houston, Texas. Land of the no-zoning laws. Just about ANYTHING goes.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSailing81 View Post
    I live in the DC suburbs so there's no room to build anything at this point. And we've already got traffic congestion so adding more traffic probably wouldn't garner any attention around here because we're used to sitting and waiting to get anywhere.
    The purpose of this post was not to discuss if there is room left to build, rather to remind readers that the time has come to notice what form leadership (and education) is taking, residents are now being required to pull permits from a system that is lining up to give government more control over your life. Regulations are piling up to box in your freedoms. Check out the links and watch for the next stimulus high density project coming in near you.

2013 A.D.

PS If you think about it, is is called BLOCKBUSTING in real estate terms...take a residential area, force high density and you automatically redistrict an area for voting purposes. If you can't redistrict the area, then mix it up.

2013 A.D.

Fayetteville has been on their since 2010. Me no likey.

Woohoo! We're not. Me likey.