Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: For Noncustodial Moms (mod edit - *only*, no men please)

It just continues. dh bottomed out on me today. he's so depresssed and sick in his own way, he has very little to give and if he does, im usually not first on his list. sitting here, trying to keep my mouth shut because I dont have the energy to fight. My hip is swollen and hurting in a wierd way. Enough to spook me. and then I get another one of those calls from my 16 year old this time, in tear. he twin sister was also there in tears. their mentally sick dad "had a bad day" and was screaming and yelling at them. He is very sick and nothing I can do about it. I dont understand why an official someone or something has to wait until there is blood before they intervene. He truly is mentally ill. the girls all know it. and hes getting worse. all i can do is sit here and try to keep from totally losing it. I pray that nothing is wron gw/ this hip. I'm not up to much more. This is one of the most hellacious situations a person can live in, make that exists in. i can't believe its down to this. Thanks for listening and reading if you still are.
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Cry

I guess this wasn't the place to come and share like I did. I am well aware that there isn't much anyone can say to someone in this situation. The few people I know dont know what to say either. I understand that. But still..........
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2777 View Post
    I guess this wasn't the place to come and share like I did. I am well aware that there isn't much anyone can say to someone in this situation. The few people I know dont know what to say either. I understand that. But still..........
    Sunshine, there are no fast answers. The court is totally backwards as you know all too well. Are you documenting and recording your conversations with the kids? It takes time to build a case but you need to do it. I'm so sorry this is happening. I know you feel like your hands are tied. But, to me it looks like the Lord is allowing the floodgates to open. I have emailed you awhile ago but didn't hear back.
    FREEDOM or FREE STUFF, your choice, you only get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2ten View Post
    Sunshine, there are no fast answers. The court is totally backwards as you know all too well. Are you documenting and recording your conversations with the kids? It takes time to build a case but you need to do it. I'm so sorry this is happening. I know you feel like your hands are tied. But, to me it looks like the Lord is allowing the floodgates to open. I have emailed you awhile ago but didn't hear back.
    Hi mom2ten. I know there are no fast answers, been at this for 12 years now. I have tons of documentation of conversations besides other documentation but I've basically stopped. They will have to turn him in or he will have to hurt or kill one of them to get anyone's attention. It's down to that, because of their ages and them lying to cps. Yes, the Lord is allowing this to continue... I've just having trouble dealing w/ the emotional pain along w/ everything else. The floodgates have been fully open for 6 years now.

I thought I wrote you back before my surgery. I'm sorry. In July I went on a nightmare trip out of town (which was supposed to be a healing and helpful one) then came back and got this surgery. I am sorry if I didnt get back to you.

My hands are tied. I just wanted to share w/ others who understand and at least acknowledged. Not looking for pity, Just trying to work my way through this pain and situation as best I can and pretty much alone. More later, have to go, thanks though!

Flood gates just opened wider. i just got let go from my job. At this point, the Lord just needs to go ahead and take me. I can't even go and interview right now. I can pay for a health ins continuation plan to keep ins cov on my hip for 3 months at full price $805 a month and I may not get a check but the state of Texas and the ex who is looking for any excuse to put me in jail, are expecting the child support and health ins to be paid. I almost wish I was suicidal. I'm still in shock.

Flood gates just opened wider. i just got let go from my job. At this point, the Lord just needs to go ahead and take me. I can't even go and interview right now. I can pay for a health ins continuation plan to keep ins cov on my hip for 3 months at full price $805 a month and I may not get a check but the state of Texas and the ex who is looking for any excuse to put me in jail, are expecting the child support and health ins to be paid. I almost wish I was suicidal. I'm still in shock.
    ((( sunshine ))) my heart goes out to you!! From experience I know that these are the times when God shows Himself more than ever. He knew what was going to happen and He has a plan. He is not going to take you but He will take you to remake you! Maybe what He wants right now is for you to let go of it all and let Him work it out! PM or email me if you want to talk! You are in my prayers!

Just want to wish all of the moms here a very blessed Thanksgiving! Not sure who will have their kids today or not, I won't, but please know that you are all in my prayers!!!
    Last edited by Mom2ten; November 22nd, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: used wrong word:( probably needed more sleep last night....

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2ten View Post
    Just want to wish all of the moms here a very blessed Thanksgiving! Not sure who will have their kids today or not, I won't, but please know that you are all in my prayers!!!
    Thank you Mom2ten... and sending it back to you! Hope you have a blessed day as well as all the other ncms out there. I only have 1 of my 3 with me, supposed to have all 3 but such is the ncm life I guess. Sending you and the other ncms lots of these !!!!

for all of you.
    "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man, and God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out, so that you can stand up under it"~1 Corinthians 10:13

Keep your eyes on the skies, for the Lord is coming!

Part of the RR CHEER SQUAD!

Cry

Let me intoduce you to my unemployment nightmare. It continues. The CS and health insurance eats up the unemployment I get. And if you know anything about parental alienation and anything about my situation, you know what is coming next. I skipped 1 month, just one month of healthcare before a policy I bought kicked in on Dec 1. No idea how long I can afford to pay for it. My ex will not put them on his policy even though the court order says he has to if I can't and I would pay him for it. He, and I am NOT exaggerating, he honestly thinks that if he puts them on his policy at work, he is supporting me. He is that mentally ill. He is still working over time to turn the girls against me after all these years... and is telling them that I am not supporting them along w/ a host of other things from the pit of hell. If you tell someone, especially kids, something long enough and enough times, they will start to believe it. Even if they dont want to. At the very least, they get very confused and dont know what to believe. Also, if he doesnt get my cs, when he is drunk every night, it makes him even more abusive to the kids. So if I go back to court and say: I lost my job and ask even for a lowered amount to pay until I can get a job again, it will have hellacious ramifications on the girls. Yes, they choose to live w/ him because of their friends. They all need counseling, one even asked but ex wont take them. They have asked, I have asked. He sees the girls as his property and he uses them to hurt me. When that doesnt work, he just goes straight to getting his sick revenge by abusing them. This has gone on for years. Do you know what it is like to have your own kids accuse you of not doing this or that over and over and over. Its hard enough to not be able to help them w/ the essentials right now. Im so tired of being accused of the things that he is actually doing or just the lies.... No one even cares enough to want the truth anymore in this mess. So you see..... here I sit...on unemployment and watching the pantry empty and getting really tired. I just needed to share w/ someone what is quietly happening in my life. Thanks for listening. Please pray for the girls. I gave them truth and basics when they were younger so hopefully it will ground them in some way.

Oh, Sunshine! I am SO sorry you are experiencing this horrific situation! I can't begin to understand the depth of your pain, but I sure wish I could reach out and hug you, find a way to "fix" this nightmare that never ends.

I honestly don't know what to say, other than please know I will keep you in my prayers! A mother's love (imo) is one of THEE strongest emotions in the universe; the strength you've shown all these years is truly a testament to the love you have for your daughters and your Lord and Savior!

One day, Jesus will 'swoosh' us home (today would be a great day for the Rapture! ) and our pain will be no more. I pray that the Lord will grant you peace and fill you with His everlasting love, each and every day of your life!

Holy Father, please wrap Your arms around Sunshine; surround her with a peace that only You can give. Grant her comfort so she may sleep and find restoration and strength for each new day. I lift this precious sister-in-Christ to You, oh Lord- You know her needs more than anyone. I pray You will provide her all that she needs. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

You are an amazing woman, Sunshine! I pray you find gentle sleep tonight...

~Mish

Hi Miriam,

The gate is narrow according to Jesus. However, the particular path to the gate we want to go through, this path that you, Mom2ten and others find themselves on that is not traveled by many (thank goodness) as it is a very painful path. One not ladened with physical pain as much as emotional and mental pain. But, the bottom line for us moms who find themselves on a path they never even knew existed, let alone imagined themselves to be, is that, if nothing else comes out of it, our children get saved. You are not alone and God brings each of us sisters who can completely understand the pain. I hope you'll come in here often, or pm some of us, and stay in touch. The more strands in a cord, the stronger it is. And we have God in the center of our cord. When we reach the end of our rope, we can more easily tie a knot and hang on for one more day.

At the end of the day, salvation of our kids is the bottom line and they may have to travel a very convoluted route to get there, but as long as they get there, that's what matters.
    This morning I caught pastor Chuck Smith from Calvary Church say something to the effect that the Lord allows the enemy to persecute
    us because it gives him glory. Not the words Chuck used because I only heard the tail end of it but I believe I understood the message
    and it makes sense.
    When we are weak, HE is strong.
    Trials produce patience, rejoice in your trials, they are only for a season.
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Topics like this can be tricky and we should never feel, or misinterpret into the idea that God delights in our circumstances; here is a fuller picture from GotQuestions

Question: "Why does God allow us to go through trials and tribulations?"

Answer: One of the most difficult parts of the Christian life is the fact that becoming a disciple of Christ does not make us immune to life’s trials and tribulations. Why would a good and loving God allow us to go through such things as the death of a child, disease and injury to ourselves and our loved ones, financial hardships, worry and fear? Surely, if He loved us, He would take all these things away from us. After all, doesn’t loving us mean He wants our lives to be easy and comfortable? Well, no, it doesn’t. The Bible clearly teaches that God loves those who are His children and He “works all things together for good” for us (Romans 8:28). So that must mean that the trials and tribulations He allows in our lives are part of the working together of all things for good. Therefore, for the believer, all trials and tribulations must have a divine purpose.

As in all things, God’s ultimate purpose for us is to grow more and more into the image of His Son (Romans 8:29). This is the goal of the Christian, and everything in life, including the trials and tribulations, is designed to enable us to reach that goal. It is part of the process of sanctification; that is, being set apart for God’s purposes and fitted to live for His glory. The way the trials accomplish this is explained in 1 Peter 1:6-7: "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which perishes, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." The true believer’s faith will be made sure by the trials we experience so that we can rest in the knowledge that it is real and will last forever.

Trials develop godly character, and that enables us to "rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:3-5). Jesus Christ set the perfect example. "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). These verses point out aspects of His divine purpose for both Jesus Christ's trials and tribulations and ours. Persevering proves our faith. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).

At the same time, we must be careful never to make excuses for our "trials and tribulations" if they are a result of our own wrongdoing. "By no means let any of you suffer as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler" (1 Peter 4:15). God will forgive our sins because the eternal punishment for them has been paid by Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. However, we still have to suffer the natural consequences in this life for our sins and bad choices. But God uses even those sufferings to mold and shape us for His purposes and our ultimate good.

Trials and tribulations come with both a purpose and a reward. "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him" (James 1:2-4,12).

Through all of life’s trials and tribulations, we have the victory. "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord, Jesus Christ." These verses encourage us to see that although we are in a spiritual battle, Satan has no authority over the believer in Christ. God has given us His Word to guide us, His Holy Spirit to enable us, and the privilege of coming to Him anywhere, at any time, to pray about anything. He has also assured us that no trial will test us beyond our ability to bear it, and “he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it” (1 Corinthians 10:13). http://www.gotquestions.org/trials-tribulations.html

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Kliska View Post
    Topics like this can be tricky and we should never feel, or misinterpret into the idea that God delights in our circumstances; here is a fuller picture from GotQuestions

Answer: One of the most difficult parts of the Christian life is the fact that becoming a disciple of Christ does not make us immune to life’s trials and tribulations. Why would a good and loving God allow us to go through such things as the death of a child, disease and injury to ourselves and our loved ones, financial hardships, worry and fear? Surely, if He loved us, He would take all these things away from us. After all, doesn’t loving us mean He wants our lives to be easy and comfortable? Well, no, it doesn’t. The Bible clearly teaches that God loves those who are His children and He “works all things together for good” for us (Romans 8:28). So that must mean that the trials and tribulations He allows in our lives are part of the working together of all things for good. Therefore, for the believer, all trials and tribulations must have a divine purpose.

As in all things, God’s ultimate purpose for us is to grow more and more into the image of His Son (Romans 8:29). This is the goal of the Christian, and everything in life, including the trials and tribulations, is designed to enable us to reach that goal. It is part of the process of sanctification; that is, being set apart for God’s purposes and fitted to live for His glory. The way the trials accomplish this is explained in 1 Peter 1:6-7: "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which perishes, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." The true believer’s faith will be made sure by the trials we experience so that we can rest in the knowledge that it is real and will last forever.

Trials develop godly character, and that enables us to "rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:3-5). Jesus Christ set the perfect example. "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). These verses point out aspects of His divine purpose for both Jesus Christ's trials and tribulations and ours. Persevering proves our faith. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).

At the same time, we must be careful never to make excuses for our "trials and tribulations" if they are a result of our own wrongdoing. "By no means let any of you suffer as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler" (1 Peter 4:15). God will forgive our sins because the eternal punishment for them has been paid by Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. However, we still have to suffer the natural consequences in this life for our sins and bad choices. But God uses even those sufferings to mold and shape us for His purposes and our ultimate good.

Trials and tribulations come with both a purpose and a reward. "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him" (James 1:2-4,12).

Through all of life’s trials and tribulations, we have the victory. "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord, Jesus Christ." These verses encourage us to see that although we are in a spiritual battle, Satan has no authority over the believer in Christ. God has given us His Word to guide us, His Holy Spirit to enable us, and the privilege of coming to Him anywhere, at any time, to pray about anything. He has also assured us that no trial will test us beyond our ability to bear it, and “he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it” (1 Corinthians 10:13). http://www.gotquestions.org/trials-tribulations.html
    Thank you Kliska for posting this!!

To all of the wonderful moms here, I want to wish all of you a very blessed Christmas This time of the year is very hard, especially if you don't have your kids. I love you all and you are all in my prayers

Let me intoduce you to my unemployment nightmare. It continues. The CS and health insurance eats up the unemployment I get. And if you know anything about parental alienation and anything about my situation, you know what is coming next. I skipped 1 month, just one month of healthcare before a policy I bought kicked in on Dec 1. No idea how long I can afford to pay for it. My ex will not put them on his policy even though the court order says he has to if I can't and I would pay him for it. He, and I am NOT exaggerating, he honestly thinks that if he puts them on his policy at work, he is supporting me. He is that mentally ill. He is still working over time to turn the girls against me after all these years... and is telling them that I am not supporting them along w/ a host of other things from the pit of hell. If you tell someone, especially kids, something long enough and enough times, they will start to believe it. Even if they dont want to. At the very least, they get very confused and dont know what to believe. Also, if he doesnt get my cs, when he is drunk every night, it makes him even more abusive to the kids. So if I go back to court and say: I lost my job and ask even for a lowered amount to pay until I can get a job again, it will have hellacious ramifications on the girls. Yes, they choose to live w/ him because of their friends. They all need counseling, one even asked but ex wont take them. They have asked, I have asked. He sees the girls as his property and he uses them to hurt me. When that doesnt work, he just goes straight to getting his sick revenge by abusing them. This has gone on for years. Do you know what it is like to have your own kids accuse you of not doing this or that over and over and over. Its hard enough to not be able to help them w/ the essentials right now. Im so tired of being accused of the things that he is actually doing or just the lies.... No one even cares enough to want the truth anymore in this mess. So you see..... here I sit...on unemployment and watching the pantry empty and getting really tired. I just needed to share w/ someone what is quietly happening in my life. Thanks for listening. Please pray for the girls. I gave them truth and basics when they were younger so hopefully it will ground them in some way.

Sunshine

If you tell someone, especially kids, something long enough and enough times, they will start to believe it. Even if they dont want to. At the very least, they get very confused and dont know what to believe. He sees the girls as his property and he uses them to hurt me.

Have you read the thread on the Christian Chat board ~ Dealing With A Narcissist in The Family
    It could be possible this is what you are dealing with. It's really a support thread for those of us dealing with this. for you and your girls

Quote Originally Posted by Kliska View Post

Kliska this Blessed me so much. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Faith&Hope View Post
    Sunshine

If you tell someone, especially kids, something long enough and enough times, they will start to believe it. Even if they dont want to. At the very least, they get very confused and dont know what to believe. He sees the girls as his property and he uses them to hurt me.

Have you read the thread on the Christian Chat board ~ Dealing With A Narcissist in The Family
    It could be possible this is what you are dealing with. It's really a support thread for those of us dealing with this. for you and your girls
    Hi Faith&Hope! Thank you for the suggestion but I already put a post in that thread. If you go back far enough in my posts over time, you would find that I know I am dealing with, not just a narcissist but a malignant narcissist. I will keep reading on that thread but at this point, I could teach a class on the subject. And how I wish I could "not" be able to say that. My life and my children's lives are destroyed but my hope is Gods redemption and how He can make anything good come out of something bad and what the enemy meant for evil. Gotta love the story of Joseph. Thanks again for thinking of me!

Hi Faith&Hope! Thank you for the suggestion but I already put a post in that thread. If you go back far enough in my posts over time, you would find that I know I am dealing with, not just a narcissist but a malignant narcissist. I will keep reading on that thread but at this point, I could teach a class on the subject. And how I wish I could "not" be able to say that. My life and my children's lives are destroyed but my hope is Gods redemption and how He can make anything good come out of something bad and what the enemy meant for evil. Gotta love the story of Joseph. Thanks again for thinking of me!

"my hope is Gods redemption and how He can make anything good come out of something bad and what the enemy meant for evil. Gotta love the story of Joseph. Amen!!

Matthew 18:6
    “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Mark 9:42
    “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.

Luke 17:2
    It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. ~This does not bode well for your x or anyone who harms a child of God!!

2 Corinthians 4:7-
    Cast Down but Unconquered

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.

Ephesians 6:11-13

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

It's pure evil ~Spiritual Warfare~ Sunshine, The battle is not yours, it's the Lords. He will fight for you and your children. That is found in scripture as well. Continued Thoughts and Prayers. Your not alone. You have people here standing in the gap praying for you.

I feel your heart... I don't see my son or only grandbaby. But I believe ...To everything there is a season a time and a purpose under heaven. I will see them both again in God's perfect time. There's some purpose in all of this we're not able to see ~BUT ~ God see's around the corner. In His Love, Faith&Hope

Praying for all of you