Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming movie "Courageous"

Default The upcoming movie "Courageous"

Has anyone else been hearing about this movie? I've been hearing about it constantly in church - my pastor and Sunday School teacher have both seen an early screening and they're saying it's a wonderful movie. My church raised enough money to buy out the largest room in a local movie theater on opening night and the next day and they're giving out free tickets to the first responders in the area and they plan to have people from the church there as well to talk to them after the movie, apparently it gives a very good salvation message.

I am not my own, I've surrendered to You, Lord.
    I am not of this world, Heaven is my home.
    - Chelsie Boyd (written by Jesse Shuster)

Please visit my friend Chelsie's site and listen to her beautiful Christian music: http://www.chelsieboyd.com/

This is the 3rd movie made by the church in Albany Georgia.

They also made Flywheel, Facing the Giants and Fireproof. This is an extremely anticipated movie by Christians. Most of us have been waiting over a year for them to release this movie!!

They make the best movies. Fireproof is one of my most favorite movies ever in the history of movies.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

I've seen Facing The Giants and Fireproof, both were very good movies, especially Fireproof. I'm excited about seeing this movie too, it looks very good. I think I'm gonna have to wait for a bit though.

Please visit my friend Chelsie's site and listen to her beautiful Christian music: http://www.chelsieboyd.com/

I do love their movies. I admit I saw Fireproof 5 times in the theaters, I love supporting good Christian movies.

Pre-Flood!

This is the first I've heard of it. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Tall Timbers

I've been posting it on Facebook since I heard about it quite a while back (I think it was sometime last year). Here's a link to the web site: http://www.courageousthemovie.com/

Correction: This is Sherwood Church's 4th movie. Courageous link:

And Casting Crowns official song for the movie, called Courageous also. Great song!

Pre-Flood!

I just bought the book.

I saw Courageous today. What an awesomely well done movie. The story is just amazing and the events in the movie will so touch your heart. All the characters are important and what they do in the movie.

The music is beautiful and you will cry, big time! And this movie is even more centered on Jesus than Fireproof and that is saying something. I will be seeing this movie again before it leaves the theaters.

There is just so much in this movie. I can't even begin to explain all there is and I don't want to give anything away. And of course they use Godly principles to show the role of the Father in the family, the Husband, Dad and spiritual leader.

They really show that ultimately, the Dad is the one who answers to God for the family and what He did to lead them to Jesus.

I so highly recommend this movie!!

Pre-Flood!

I've had this on my calendar for some time now. Can't wait to see it!

I've seen all other 3 movies but "Facing the Giants" was by far my favorite. I saw it multiple times in the theater and then purchased a copy. I have a copy of "Flywheel" also.

I know the first weekend in the box office is the most important so I hope to find time to see "Courageous" this weekend.

I have loved all 3 movies before Courageous. I saw Fireproof 5 times in the theaters. I figured if I could support regular movies, I could really support Christian movies.

I have a special place for Fireproof and I saw it with so many people. I loved Kirk Cameron in it. I loved how his character changed from the beginning of the movie to opening his heart by the end. I truly loved that movie best out of them all, but each movie is special in each way. I have them all.

But I have to also say that Courageous is a special, special movie also. I just loved it a lot.

Pre-Flood!

Alex Kendrick and Ken Bevel ("Courageous") are being interviewed now on Huckabee.

ETA:
    Okay, you missed it. But you can still see it tomorrow night. They talked about the importance of being a good dad.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by EarsToHear View Post
    Alex Kendrick and Ken Bevel ("Courageous") are being interviewed now on Huckabee.

ETA:
    Okay, you missed it. But you can still see it tomorrow night. They talked about the importance of being a good dad.
    I know liberals like to blow off the importance of a family unit, but we see the deterioration of the family life leading to the deterioration of our lives period. And there is going to be a "lot of splainin" to do soon, to God.

I loved! loved! loved! the movie Courageous and the liberals and the lost are going to freak over it. They will not be able to stand it that traditional marriage is held up as the model to strive for, not the warped sick version they want to help satan push on America and the rest of the world.

Pre-Flood!

I saw Courageous today. The thing that stood out to me is how all the families were the biological mother, father, and kids......no second and third spouses, stepkids, "modern family", etc. We don't see much of that anymore with the divorce epidemic in this country. No-fault divorce is what started the destruction of the family. I don't think there is any way to turn that back but I did love the movie and hope it inspires some fathers to step up and become the leaders in their home like they are supposed to be.

I highly recommend the movie. These people make the best movies. Alex Kendrick was great as always but I loved the Javier character. He was perfect for that role. Two thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayNearer View Post
    I saw Courageous today. The thing that stood out to me is how all the families were the biological mother, father, and kids......no second and third spouses, stepkids, "modern family", etc. We don't see much of that anymore with the divorce epidemic in this country. No-fault divorce is what started the destruction of the family. I don't think there is any way to turn that back but I did love the movie and hope it inspires some fathers to step up and become the leaders in their home like they are supposed to be.

I highly recommend the movie. These people make the best movies. Alex Kendrick was great as always but I loved the Javier character. He was perfect for that role. Two thumbs up.
    The Snake Kings was priceless!!!!!

Pre-Flood!

Quote Originally Posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
    The Snake Kings was priceless!!!!!
    That scene was hilarious!!

I saw this today with my older brother and our mom. My choice from recommendations from the folks on the board here. I didn't tell them what it was about, seeing as they would probably pass on going; they are unsaved. We all agreed it was a good movie. As a young father of three, I found it very provacative, especially being a single father and trying to raise them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayNearer View Post
    That scene was hilarious!!
    Agreed. when Javier was describing his lunch order. Had me .
    1 Cor. 1:18

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

I can't wait to see this movie, we just haven't had the money and we may have to wait until it comes out on DVD, but it sounds SO good.

My pastor said that our church gave out over 300 free tickets to first responders and their spouse/fiance/girlfriend-or-boyfriend in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by 1humblesheep View Post
    Agreed. when Javier was describing his lunch order. Had me .
    .......his facial expressions had me ROFL!

Oh, I've been waiting for this movie to come out! Me and my husband are going on a "date night" to see it one day this week. Can't wait!!