Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lull

Its like before a Storm Comes, sometimes it gets very Quiet..and Those STORMS end up being the wildest rides...

Stay Prepared...and Keep the Eyes Turned to the Heavens...

Yes, I agree with you all, It feels like a lull. As far as being suprised, yes I suppose there will be many christians suprised, and not ready... However I have a just a teensie hunch people following this board will not be suprised. We are ready, waiting, eager, maybe a little impatient, excited, nervous, anticipating. All of a sudden WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS Immediately we will cheer, shout, sing, be overwhelmed with all kinds of wonderful emotions, say things like "I told you so" "I knew it" "This is it" "Its really happening.

WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty066 View Post
    Yes, I agree with you all, It feels like a lull. As far as being suprised, yes I suppose there will be many christians suprised, and not ready... However I have a just a teensie hunch people following this board will not be suprised. We are ready, waiting, eager, maybe a little impatient, excited, nervous, anticipating. All of a sudden WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS Immediately we will cheer, shout, sing, be overwhelmed with all kinds of wonderful emotions, say things like "I told you so" "I knew it" "This is it" "Its really happening.

WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE!!!

I have said that to my son, when Jesus does come and we are wisked away I will be saying, I told you He was coming!!

It's a good thing that I wont be afraid of heights anymore..........during the flight

Quote Originally Posted by nanefy View Post
    This is so bizarre, I have been feeling that way for the past few weeks or so and wondered if it was just me. Can I ask though, if anyone else, although sure of their salvation, has worries that they would be left behind? I am terrified of being left behind to the point that it makes me sick to my stomach. I just never feel like I'm doing enough or being good enough - things are made worse when you can see all that is going on around us and it feels like the rapture could just be at any minute!

Remember, its not about what WE do, its about what Jesus did!
    Fully accept Gods grace

Quote Originally Posted by LetItBeSoon View Post
    Remember, its not about what WE do, its about what Jesus did!
    Fully accept Gods grace
    100% Agree. It does seem like some stuff has quieted down lately.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by dleader View Post
    100% Agree. It does seem like some stuff has quieted down lately.
    And yet, there's no telling what's going on that we can't even see. The spiritual world is probably abuzz with activity, plus the possibility of back-room stuff going on in this world that we can't yet imagine.

Even a calm sea has fish swimming, unseen, under the surface.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

If Iran had been successful in its attack plot, would we be talking about a lull?

I am very glad we intercepted this plot at the outset... Though we all know there is always a backup plan... Lets pray for the safety of Israel and our own citizens during these times...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

I tend to agree that this Iranian plot is an act of war, especially in view of Iran's previous and frequent promises to rid the world of this nation, as well as Israel. If we had a strong Pres it would likely result in the U.S. taking preemptive military strike to destroy Iran's nuclear plants. However, it seems that God has given us this weak Pres for a reason, and that IMO is to keep the U.S. out of overt acts of war against Israel's enemies, and perhaps to keep this nation propped up a little longer.
    From our geographical perspective it seems there is a lull, but I'm guessing that if we lived in Israel we would think we were in the path of a tornado. While in some ways events seem to be slower, time itself seems to be moving faster, almost at break-neck speed. A week passes in a flash. Do you realize we are in the last quarter of 2011 already?
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

From what I've been hearing, Israel has been given the green light to hit Iran, sometime within the next few weeks. Whether or not it happens, things are coming to a boil over in the ME, with Bashir Assad/Syria, more fighting in Libya, Egyptian warplanes flying over Sinai, provoking Israel, Saudi's want something done about Iran, Iran saying the terror plot was a lie, we're saying it was an act of war - war drums really seem to be beating loudly now. Plus on the heels of that, the global economy seems even more fragile, with Greece on the verge of defaulting. That could be the domino that really gets everything tumbling.

If war (like WW 3) really does come to the ME/Iran, Iran will close off petroleum shipments, and gas prices will skyrocket, further damaging our economy. Also don't forget, I believe that Iran transferred rockets to Venezuela within the past year or so, rockets that can reach the US. If things really go south with the economy and possibly Iran, no telling what measures what Obama will take or not take - would he actually defend us or would just head to the Denver Airport and begin martial law?

Yes, there may be this perceived lull, but I believe things are really seething just below the surface, things that we can't always see. The last part of 20011 may really be incredible, and hopefully, will be our time to fly outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by W8N4theSon View Post
    From what I've been hearing, Israel has been given the green light to hit Iran, sometime within the next few weeks.
    This is kind of big, do you have a source for this I could get more information? Thank You!!
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
    This is kind of big, do you have a source for this I could get more information? Thank You!!
    Not sure if it the same source the above poster read from, but the one I am aware is very questionable at best. Not a mainstream news media. It's AJ from IW if you know who that is. If there is another source for this info I would be keen to look at it.

As for the 'lull' I consider it as being an active lull. There is still so much happening, and I agree with some of the posters above in that things seething beneath the surface and as someone mentioned, we are a bit spoilt! The final quarter of 2011 will be interesting no doubt, and if we are still here in 2012, I shudder at what kind of world we will live in then should we even see 2013.

It occurred to me that our current Pres may be thinking that his chances of being re-elected will be much better if the U.S. is in war. However, regarding war that involves Israel and her enemies in the ME, our Pres may not have read the whole Book.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    And yet, there's no telling what's going on that we can't even see. The spiritual world is probably abuzz with activity, plus the possibility of back-room stuff going on in this world that we can't yet imagine.

Even a calm sea has fish swimming, unseen, under the surface.
    I agree with this too.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
    I still think that the rapture is much more likely to occur in a lull verses when big events are occurring. In reality we really have no clue and it could happen at anytime regardless of what is happening on the earth at any given moment, but it just seems like if the rapture is this event that will catch people off guard, even many Christians, then it would seem as if a period of realitive quietness would elevate the "rapture watch" conditions! In the words of our friends at the NWS (national weather service), "Conditions are favorable for the rapid development of millions of people vanishing in the twinkling of an eye! Spotter Activation may be necessary!"
    Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Quote Originally Posted by nanefy View Post
    This is so bizarre, I have been feeling that way for the past few weeks or so and wondered if it was just me. Can I ask though, if anyone else, although sure of their salvation, has worries that they would be left behind? I am terrified of being left behind to the point that it makes me sick to my stomach. I just never feel like I'm doing enough or being good enough - things are made worse when you can see all that is going on around us and it feels like the rapture could just be at any minute!
    We always need to remind ourselves that it's not our effort that saves us. We don't want to fall into that trap. No serious worries for me in a lull or not. But that could change at any moment because I am not perfected this side of Heaven and thankfully we don't have to be.
    Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Like others have posted I've thought that the Rapture would occur during a period of lull; however, it could also happen when there is great turmoil, as in bankruptcy, stock markets crash, war in the ME, etc., so that few are really watching. If the whole global situation is already at the precipice, then the Rapture would definitely be the tipping mechanism. Keep looking up no matter what, our redemption is at hand!

This is in response to OnlyHim! and $teve, and anyone else interested, no, my source is not any type of mainstream media site. I doubt if you'd even hear anything like that on any MSM, it doesn't seem it would make for very good military strategy. My source was from SteveQuayle.com. He has a couple broadcasters on his site (Darren Craddock on health, and this guy named Hawk on current events, military updates and Bible prophecy) that offer hour-long programs, which are archived. Hawk (he has a real gravelly voice probably from smoking too much) is a Christian, and a survivalist (he's always telling us to get our money out of the banks before they collapse and put it into storable food, water purification devices, camping and survival gear, gold, silver, guns, ammo - but first and foremost, getting saved through Jesus Christ). Hawk (I don't know anything else about his name or who he is, and Hawk probably likes it that way) is former military and still seems pretty well connected with those in the military, he seems to know an awful lot about troop movements here and all of the foreign troops here training and ready to go when martial law begins, domestic and foreign military planes landing at all hours of the night at little, out of the way landing strips, thwarted terror plots that don't always make the MSM news, naval ship deployments and movements with both US ships and foreign ships, UFOs, etc. As he says, he gets all of his intel "through the back channels," or "through the ether." Well, I wouldn't really expect him to divulge his sources.

Anyway, Hawk said he heard this Israeli item from a retired Pentagon general. Hawk broadcasts both Thursday and Friday nights. I usually replay his shows the following day, during lunch, for example. Hawk mentioned the Israeli green light on Thursday's (10/13) show. I haven't yet listened to his show last night, I'll play it later tonight, or perhaps tomorrow. I don't know if anything will happen regarding this Israel/Iran thing in the next few weeks, but something will have to give eventually over there. I know Israel has supposedly been going to do something for sometime now but, I don't know, restraint seems to be holding sway.

I'm not into all of the survivalist stuff, for one thing, I couldn't afford it. We're barely getting by as it is. I do enjoy listening to all of his intel, but like anything, not all of it comes to pass, I guess.

Take it for what it's worth, we'll see what happens. I hope this helps.

Default Following up on my above post...

I should probably give a few directions to get to that program if you'd like to listen to it... Go to stevequayle.com. Then click on Main Site. Once that comes up, go over to the left hand side and you will see Radio Shows. You'll see a couple of categories, you'll want Survive to Thrive Archives. Then another window comes up, scroll down until you see the 10/13 show with Hawk. Press play.