Thread: Jesse Jackson Jr.'s Job Bill....

Doh! Jesse Jackson Jr.'s Job Bill....

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has offered his own $804 billion jobs plan that calls on the federal government to hire the nationís 15 million unemployed Americans for jobs paying roughly $40,000 each, and bail out all the states and cities facing budget crises.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1apGYDove

Wow. Just, wow.

While the Feds are at it, why don't they go ahead and bail out working families and individuals that can no longer shoulder the burden that the government has placed on their shoulders visavis the U.S. debt. And they might as well bail out the entire world that seems to be having some financial difficulties... why not?
    Tall Timbers

I know right?? It's all monopoly money anyway - why not!

As I was reading the comments - one stood out from the usual The commenter brought up the fact that 100 million (honestly don't know where he got that figure, but it sounds good to me) currently employed Americans make LESS than $40,000/year, so what does he propose we do when all of THOSE people suddenly become unemployed in order to get a job from the govt that pays MORE????

Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccasue View Post
    I know right?? It's all monopoly money anyway - why not!

As I was reading the comments - one stood out from the usual The commenter brought up the fact that 100 million (honestly don't know where he got that figure, but it sounds good to me) currently employed Americans make LESS than $40,000/year, so what does he propose we do when all of THOSE people suddenly become unemployed in order to get a job from the govt that pays MORE????

Good question.
    I was going to say that I would like one of these jobs.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

The absolute stupidity of left wing wackos like this is almost beyond comprehension. This is an elected rep!?! He's sooo clueless with this proposal it's hard to know where to begin listing the things wrong with it!!!

Maybe they are planning on adapting some old jokes for multi-job plans:

Light Bulb Change Team (four staffers):

1) Light bulb grasper
    2) Light bulb grasper lifter
    3) Light bulb grasper lifter-twister
    4) Management Trainee

Along with his father, Blago, Obama, Durbin and Emanuel they are the cream-of-the-crop of my states
    celebrities. I have to give Emanuel credit for pushing the cities unions around. They're not happy but they
    are doing what he says. If you are a liberal mayor who has come to his senses and figures out that
    what the liberal agenda is doing hurts his city, then you can push conservative principles and get away
    with them. If he was a conservative and did what he is doing, there would be occupy Grant Park
    riots in Chicago.

I don't know who's crazier - Jackson, Jr. or the people who voted him into office.

Ummmm.....
    When will people stop voting for mouth pieces like this????

Ah, what a funny joke this is...what, he's serious?
    Ephesians 3:17-18
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Maybe they are planning on adapting some old jokes for multi-job plans:

Light Bulb Change Team (four staffers):

1) Light bulb grasper
    2) Light bulb grasper lifter
    3) Light bulb grasper lifter-twister
    4) Management Trainee
    I just checked the 2011 union agreement. Every time you have 3 or more laborers on a job, you must have one laborer on stand-by doing nothing in case one of the members is unable to grasp, lift or twist the bulb. Additionally, you must have 2 senior managers present at all times if there are 3 or more laborers on a job. Finally, if changing one bulb requires more than 10 minutes, there is a mandatory immediate 5 minute break and another 5 minute break when the single bulb job is completed as long as it hasn't exceeded another 10 minute period for which 2 more 5 minute breaks are required. If there are any questions, all union members are to stop work until the union steward arrives on-site, at which time all members are required to stand around for no less than 30 minutes discussing any questions or possible violations.

Jesse Jr.'s plan would have 2 drivers for every utility truck, two workers to carry each light bulb, and every certified worker would have his/her own apprentice, including the stand-by laborer doing nothing. Welcome to the War on Unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    I just checked the 2011 union agreement. Every time you have 3 or more laborers on a job, you must have one laborer on stand-by doing nothing in case one of the members is unable to grasp, lift or twist the bulb. Additionally, you must have 2 senior managers present at all times if there are 3 or more laborers on a job. Finally, if changing one bulb requires more than 10 minutes, there is a mandatory immediate 5 minute break and another 5 minute break when the single bulb job is completed as long as it hasn't exceeded another 10 minute period for which 2 more 5 minute breaks are required. If there are any questions, all union members are to stop work until the union steward arrives on-site, at which time all members are required to stand around for no less than 30 minutes discussing any questions or possible violations.

Jesse Jr.'s plan would have 2 drivers for every utility truck, two workers to carry each light bulb, and every certified worker would have his/her own apprentice, including the stand-by laborer doing nothing. Welcome to the War on Unemployment.
    but who will supervise the senior managers?
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

It seems to me as if these "politicians" think they are playing a real life, video game and they are hitting the reset button and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlutz View Post
    but who will supervise the senior managers?
    They may have missed that in this 4152 page labor agreement. I'll call the union steward to come out. We'll be on overtime by the time he gets here. Take a break until then. We've earned it. We changed 4 bulbs today and it's killing us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccasue View Post
    Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has offered his own $804 billion jobs plan that calls on the federal government to hire the nationís 15 million unemployed Americans for jobs paying roughly $40,000 each, and bail out all the states and cities facing budget crises.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1apGYDove

Wow. Just, wow.
    These people are absolutely insane. The sad thing is that if they did do this though, it would probably be cheaper than these stimulus scams they keep destroying our dollar with.

Shirkers of the world unite!

Job fairs now under way in the streets of major cities worldwide!

Food will be supplied - bring your own camping gear, poster, and fire extinguisher.