Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Germany and Israel

Cross Germany and Israel

Hello all,
    As this is my first posting, please bear with me if it is in the wrong place.
    A question was asked of me that I was unable to answer and I am wondering if someone on here can help me. I was talking to someone close to me, of prophecy in the bible and how historically, nations who have sheltered the Jews have thrived, but those nations who have abused them suffered eventually. As an example, the British were supposed to protect the interests of the Jews in palestine when setting up their homeland, but sold out most of the land for oil, so that now, the Jews only hold a tiny part of what they should have. Consequently, the British empire has gone the way of many in the past. The question I was asked was, if this is so, why is Germany, who nigh on wiped the Jews from the face of the earth, prospering as she does. It would appear Germany lost the war but won the battle. I know God's will, will be done and Gen 12:3 stands as true to day and forever as it always has. It would appear that in times past retribution was fairly quick but Germany does appear to be calling the shots in Europe today.

The German regime that was responsible for the Jewish suffering is long gone. What has been the stand by post-WWII German on the Jewish people?

Germany outlawed Nazism. She has sold at least five submarines with financial assistance to Israel. Three of those have been delivered and are in service. However it seems Europe is part of the feet of Iron in Daniel 2 and Germany probably has a role in that. The Antichrist to come is of the people who destroyed the city and sanctuary and that was Rome. It ain't over yet.

GOD has not yet judged the nations. But if you look into what it was like in Germany at the end of World War Two, trust me they suffered.

Germany Lost the war and got there buts kicked. They also than, repented. Sorta like the book of Jonah he hated the ninevehites and did not want to go. Well he did, and they did repent but with in 70 years the ninevhites went back to ther old ways and God destroyed them. So in the end God will jugde all nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Germany Lost the war and got there buts kicked. They also than, repented. Sorta like the book of Jonah he hated the ninevehites and did not want to go. Well he did, and they did repent but with in 70 years the ninevhites went back to ther old ways and God destroyed them. So in the end God will jugde all nations.
    I was thinking something similar as I read the OP. Germany as a nation repented for their crimes. However, exactly how long that will last is yet to be seen.

Germany as a nation was aghast at what she had become under the Third Reich. She implemented very strict laws afterward with the attitude to prevent something like that from ever happening again on her soil. (Even to not keep records of those who order Kosher meals on planes.)

Chancellor Angela Merkel went to Israel to publicly repent of Germany's sins against the Jewish people.

That said, while the government has done these things, there remains a steady undercurrent of anti-Semitism in Germany and we all know what is coming to the world. We can see it even in the US with the Wall Street protesters, an ecomonic downturn and hatred of the Jews (?!!) spills out.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Jack

and got there buts kicked

Yea, Ovicula our expert is online, I hope she replies!

ETA: You just did while I was posting, Ovicula. Can you add your insight?
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

I think it should be pointed out that not all prosperity and demise should be based on a nation's dealings with Israel. Look at Imperial Japan at the same time period as Nazi Germany. Unless I'm mistaken, they did nothing to help or hurt any Jews, they were simply looking out for their own national interest, and for a time ruled half the Pacific and East Asia.

But to keep things on track with the original topic, look at what happened to Nazi Germany after WWII ended: it's leaders tried and executed, 95% of their infrastructure lay in ruin, their capital divided by the Berlin wall, and East Germany endured 44 years of communism. I'm not saying this was divine retribution, but it was certainly something the Allied Powers thought a fitting end.
    Ephesians 3:17-18
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Ovicula View Post
    Why the foot tap???

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Why the foot tap???
    I figured either the mis-spelling or maybe the word choice. Buttocks, derriere, or booty may have been more family-friendly.
    Tall Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Why the foot tap???
    Our sister Ovicula is from Germany.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Thank-You, EarsToHear! You understand my feelings!

Genesis 12:3 says it all, and I hate to say but a curse is coming to America.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    Genesis 12:3 says it all, and I hate to say but a curse is coming to America.
    More than likely you are right, but I also think the the crime against humanity called "abortion" cannot go unpunished either. We've snuffed out more innocent lives over 5 fold than Germany did before & during WWII due to the holocaust.

It's telling that a liberal nation like Spain is still very pro-life compared to the USA.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

You understand my feelings!
    Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Germany as a nation was aghast at what she had become under the Third Reich. She implemented very strict laws afterward with the attitude to prevent something like that from ever happening again on her soil. (Even to not keep records of those who order Kosher meals on planes.)

Chancellor Angela Merkel went to Israel to publicly repent of Germany's sins against the Jewish people.

That said, while the government has done these things, there remains a steady undercurrent of anti-Semitism in Germany and we all know what is coming to the world. We can see it even in the US with the Wall Street protesters, an ecomonic downturn and hatred of the Jews (?!!) spills out.
    Ovicula, as do many.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Thank-You, EarsToHear! You understand my feelings!
    I am sorry that I offended you that was not my intension. My Dad fought in WW2 in Germany, and saw the concentration camps, he had many pictures and I saw these all my life. But he would always tell us that most of the Germans hated what was going on. I also lived in Germany for two and a half years 1978 - 1980, and I saw the repentance of the German people, and saw many Jews walking in freedom praise God. But my point was Nineveh in the book of Jonah, all nations will be judged and God is the Judge.
    Again I am sorry that I offended you.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by marchmum View Post
    Hello all,
    As this is my first posting, please bear with me if it is in the wrong place.
    A question was asked of me that I was unable to answer and I am wondering if someone on here can help me. I was talking to someone close to me, of prophecy in the bible and how historically, nations who have sheltered the Jews have thrived, but those nations who have abused them suffered eventually. As an example, the British were supposed to protect the interests of the Jews in palestine when setting up their homeland, but sold out most of the land for oil, so that now, the Jews only hold a tiny part of what they should have. Consequently, the British empire has gone the way of many in the past. The question I was asked was, if this is so, why is Germany, who nigh on wiped the Jews from the face of the earth, prospering as she does. It would appear Germany lost the war but won the battle. I know God's will, will be done and Gen 12:3 stands as true to day and forever as it always has. It would appear that in times past retribution was fairly quick but Germany does appear to be calling the shots in Europe today.
    Germany was utterly destroyed during WW2. Have a look at pictures of Dresden, they didn't prosper. It took decades to recover.
    John 1
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I am sorry that I offended you that was not my intension. My Dad fought in WW2 in Germany, and saw the concentration camps, he had many pictures and I saw these all my life. But he would always tell us that most of the Germans hated what was going on. I also lived in Germany for two and a half years 1978 - 1980, and I saw the repentance of the German people, and saw many Jews walking in freedom praise God. But my point was Nineveh in the book of Jonah, all nations will be judged and God is the Judge.
    Again I am sorry that I offended you.
    Jack
    All right, apology accepted.
    I didn't know exactly what would be waiting for me in this thread.