Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Satan's agenda re: Israel?

Default What is Satan's agenda re: Israel?

I know that the Antichirst will call himself God when he sits in the temple, but why would Satan want to destroy Israel? Jesus has already been born and will come again. I just don't see what Satan thinks he gains from destroying Israel.

THanks

He's deluded. He's desperate to keep God's Word from being fulfilled. He wants to be like God. In the end he'll be the most pitiable of all creatures in the Lake of Fire. He won't be running the place...
    Tall Timbers

Satan wants to take as many as he can to hell, just the opposite of GOD who wants to bring as many as possible to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    He's deluded. He's desperate to keep God's Word from being fulfilled. He wants to be like God. In the end he'll be the most pitiable of all creatures in the Lake of Fire. He won't be running the place...
    I think satan knows where he will end up and that he can not win, he can not stop GODS Word from being fulfilled or even stall it.

He will gain EVERYTHING if he destroys Israel!
    If he ever succeeds in doing this, then it will mean that he has proven God to be a liar since God promised Israel many things (including their inheritence of the world) & if he proves God a liar, this means that God will have to revoke Satan's (and the other fallen angels) eternal condemnation to the lake of fire.

This is his goal--make God come up short on his promises (Genesis 12:1-3), (Genesis 13:14-15), (Genesis 15:18-21), (Galatians 3:16).

Why else do you think the Israeli's have suffered persecution after persecution after persecution? There is a reason. It's Satanically driven....
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    If he ever succeeds in doing this, then it will mean that he has proven God to be a liar since God promised Israel many things (including their inheritence of the world) & if he proves God a liar, this means that God will have to revoke Satan's (and the other fallen angels) eternal condemnation to the lake of fire.

This is his goal--make God come up short on his promises (Genesis 12:1-3), (Genesis 13:14-15), (Genesis 15:18-21), (Galatians 3:16).

Why else do you think the Israeli's have suffered persecution after persecution after persecution? There is a reason. It's Satanically driven....
    Yep.
    Tall Timbers

Satan's greatest delusion may be his pride (and something for us to check in the mirror for). Since his aspiration is to be like the Most High, he might just think enough of himself to believe he can win at that final moment.

I started a thread awhile ago about the motivations of demons. This isn't JUST Satan and his minions doing everything in their power to steal the eternities of billions of humans, but setting himself up as God and stopping the Second Coming.

God has already declared the details of the end, and the Second Coming.
    Satan's agenda has ALWAYS been, from the very start, to stop the Eternal Son - be it swaying Cain to murder Able, or corrupting the human race with the seed of demons, or pushing the cruel Pharaoh to enslave and trap the future Israelites so that they couldn't get to the land promised to Abraham - all these steps were supernatural in an attempt to render God's promises untrue. And when Jesus was born, all the hordes of the air came crashing down (Notice how demonic activity is only described so commonly in two areas of the Bible: Jesus's life, and the tribulation). But the Eternal Son came, and Satan bruised His heel, but He crushed Satan's head in his resurrection.

So it's a good question, what is his agenda now that Christ is resurrected and the gates of heaven are open to ANYONE who wishes to enter? Satan is the same old bag of tricks. If his first motive was to stop the Son, his second motive will be to stop the Son. Notice all the anti-Semitism and hatred of the Jews. Hiter's (Satan's) personal mission being to wipe out the Jews and stop Israel from being reborn. The Jews are REQUIRED to be here in order for the Second Coming to happen, so the Jews will become the primary target. The sub-motive is to stop Christians and sway them from the faith to make them lose their joy.

Another motive that will play a role in the end times alongside the urgent need to wipe out the Jews is to set himself up as God, as evidenced by the False Trinity that will be represented on earth at this time set in opposition to the Jews and their God, in the form of Satan, the AntiChrist, and the False Prophet.
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    Satan wants to take as many as he can to hell, just the opposite of GOD who wants to bring as many as possible to heaven.
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

This is what I think:

I think he is jealous because God favors Humanity and he forgave our sin if we accept him as our Savior. Satan is doomed and he does not have God's blessing for repentance so he wants to destroy us and bring us down with him.

I was just thinking about this last night. Sometimes I just want to blow a whistle and yell time out for a second. Satan already knows how this is going to end. But his pride will not allow him to alter that course. I compare Satan's action to a child throwing a fit. As crafty and smart and powerful as he is, it boils down to a child throwing a temper tantrum. He knows he is not going to get his way so as "Dad" is pulling him from the store Satan is knocking the candy off the counter on the floor in defiance. Satan hates humans and the rest of God's creation...His handy-work. But really his beef is with The Great I Am....not us. Knowing that by corrupting God's creation or driving a division between us and God in our relationships, hurts God and grieves the Spirit. It really is the only thing he can do to still get a jab in. However, like most defeated bully's, Satan will soon become a distant memory as he will be no more. Sure Satan may have gotten in a few blows, but really in the end it just had little lasting effect.
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

Quote Originally Posted by m281920 View Post
    I just don't see what Satan thinks he gains from destroying Israel.
    He needs to destroy Israel because the Lord will only return when Israel calls out to Him.

Hosea 5:15 I will return again to my place,
    until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face,
    and in their distress earnestly seek me.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Evoo327 Guest

Here's the key to the answer to this question:

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy..." -John 10:10

Satan is the author of confusion & fear because it is the opposite of faith. His problem is pride that is what got him kicked out of heaven. Isaiah 14:12-15. He wanted to be more powerful than our God & is going to the lake of fire eventually. His time is short & he wants to take as many people with him that he can. As someone posted earlier he comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

If even one jot or tittle fails,

God is proven untrue.

satan failed with Job.
    he failed with Daniel.

he failed with Peter.

he failed at the Cross.

he will get a 7 year trial, then a final EPIC FAIL.

ALL Praise to Jesus! Eternal Victor! King of Kings!
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Correct. Satan is interfering with God's contract/covenant with Israel. If one party to the contract, that is Israel, ceases to exist, then the contract is null and void because it can no longer be performed. Thus, Satan seeks to make God out to be a liar who cannot make good on his promises.
    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
    I was just thinking about this last night. Sometimes I just want to blow a whistle and yell time out for a second. Satan already knows how this is going to end. But his pride will not allow him to alter that course. I compare Satan's action to a child throwing a fit. As crafty and smart and powerful as he is, it boils down to a child throwing a temper tantrum. He knows he is not going to get his way so as "Dad" is pulling him from the store Satan is knocking the candy off the counter on the floor in defiance. Satan hates humans and the rest of God's creation...His handy-work. But really his beef is with The Great I Am....not us. Knowing that by corrupting God's creation or driving a division between us and God in our relationships, hurts God and grieves the Spirit. It really is the only thing he can do to still get a jab in. However, like most defeated bully's, Satan will soon become a distant memory as he will be no more. Sure Satan may have gotten in a few blows, but really in the end it just had little lasting effect.

Good thread!

Quote Originally Posted by m281920 View Post
    I know that the Antichirst will call himself God when he sits in the temple, but why would Satan want to destroy Israel? Jesus has already been born and will come again. I just don't see what Satan thinks he gains from destroying Israel.

THanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    ...So it's a good question, what is his agenda now that Christ is resurrected and the gates of heaven are open to ANYONE who wishes to enter? Satan is the same old bag of tricks. If his first motive was to stop the Son, his second motive will be to stop the Son. Notice all the anti-Semitism and hatred of the Jews. Hiter's (Satan's) personal mission being to wipe out the Jews and stop Israel from being reborn. The Jews are REQUIRED to be here in order for the Second Coming to happen, so the Jews will become the primary target....
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    He needs to destroy Israel because the Lord will only return when Israel calls out to Him.

Hosea 5:15 I will return again to my place,
    until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face,
    and in their distress earnestly seek me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Duffee View Post
    Correct. Satan is interfering with God's contract/covenant with Israel. If one party to the contract, that is Israel, ceases to exist, then the contract is null and void because it can no longer be performed. Thus, Satan seeks to make God out to be a liar who cannot make good on his promises.
    Good question, m281920. You've already correctly implied that satan wanted to thwart Jesus's first coming. Remember how he also tried to have all the baby boys born at the same time as Jesus be killed. He tried to tempt Jesus to leave His path as crucified Savior for the world. But Jesus is Victor, as always.

So what does satan think he gains if he can succeed in his attempts to destroy Israel now? I think RandallB hit it on the head - Jesus left Israel because they, as a nation, did not accept Him. He said He would not return to them until they call out to Him. Matthew 23:37-39, Leviticus 26:40-42, Jeremiah 3:11-18, Hosea 5:15, Zechariah 12:10, Acts 3:19-21

One of the main purposes of God for the Tribulation is to bring Israel to national repentance. When they call for Him and He returns to them at the Second Coming, He can fulfill all His promises for and prophecies about them. At the end of the Trib, Israel's leaders will finally realize why they're in such trouble and near annihilation - they will finally realize they missed the first time of Messiah's coming. They will grieve and mourn as those who have lost their only Son, the Bible says. They will cry out to God for Him for two days.

Then on the third day Jesus will return, just as He promised. He will rule in Jerusalem throughout the Millennium. Israel will be the first of the nations of the world, she will be blessed. She will have peace. The hope of the world for peace will be accomplished by Israel's call for Jesus. As Paul said, if through Israel's falling the Gentiles have salvation open to them, how much more will the world be blessed when Israel is the priest of the nations as God has always called her to be.

satan does not want any of this. He also does not want the other purpose of the Trib - world evangelization through the ministries of the 144,000 Jewish men.

At the end of the Millennium will be satan's and his followers' final judgment and they will be thrown into the Lake of Fire for all eternity, never to be able to hurt God or His own again.

So satan apparently thinks if he can obliterate Israel, he can circumvent all of God's plans, stop their repentance, stop them from calling Jesus to return to earth, stop world evangelization, stop countless Gentiles from being saved through their delivering them the Gospel.

he has already lost.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything