Thread: Joel Rosenberg "Why Iran's Top Leaders Believe End of Days Has Come"

Default Joel Rosenberg "Why Iran's Top Leaders Believe End of Days Has Come"

Interesting piece in Fox News website's Opinion section:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...days-has-come/
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Khamenei told Iranians in July 2010 that he personally met with the Twelfth Imam. He also claimed to be the personal representative of the Mahdi on earth, and said all Muslims must “obey him.” Meanwhile, Western intelligence agencies say he continues to work with Ahmadinejad and the Iranian military to develop nuclear warheads and the ballistic missiles to deliver them

emphasis mine

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...#ixzz1d517BU7e

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" (Romans 14:11)

Default The Great Deception

Sometimes I wonder if the Rapture will happen and enough people in our country will be "caught up" to cause enough mass hysteria and destruction our country will not be able to recover, then Islam can claim that Allah took down the U.S. and removed all christians at the same time, then they will say it is their job to take Israel out?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin23 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if the Rapture will happen and enough people in our country will be "caught up" to cause enough mass hysteria and destruction our country will not be able to recover, then Islam can claim that Allah took down the U.S. and removed all christians at the same time, then they will say it is their job to take Israel out?!
    Yes, I've thought along these lines for a few years now. The only problem with this idea is that if all children under the age of accountability are taken, and not just the children of true Christians, then the Muslims will be scratching their heads about why "Allah" would take them all. Maybe to take them to a safe place somewhere to protect them from the "chaos" that is supposed to usher in the Mahdi??
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

I'm sure they'll come up with some explanation to calm the masses and put them back under control...
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    Yes, I've thought along these lines for a few years now. The only problem with this idea is that if all children under the age of accountability are taken, and not just the children of true Christians, then the Muslims will be scratching their heads about why "Allah" would take them all. Maybe to take them to a safe place somewhere to protect them from the "chaos" that is supposed to usher in the Mahdi??
    Interesting thought, personally I have never thought the children of non-believers would be raptured.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

I think, even if it's not a significant portion of the population that is raptured in the USA, everyone will still likely know SOMEONE who was raptured and at some point someone will make the link that everyone who disappeared was a Christian (and hopefully they'll also recognizes the fruits of the person's life, too, to further solidify the Christian concept).

Even in Muslim countries, they'll recognize that vast amounts of people in the USA, Australia and other Western countries disappeared (including those in our military). While not everyone will see the connection, all it will take is a few people recognizing it and planting the seed with other people to start opening eyes about who the people were who disappeared and beginning the discussion. Keep in mind there are a lot of people whose hearts are already hardened towards Christ but there are also a lot of people who, when forced to open their eyes will do so and immediately see Christ's handiwork.

As to whether or not the children on non-believers disappear, I think there is Biblical argument for both lines of thought. Certainly if all the children were to disappear, it would be FAR harder for non-Christians to close their eyes off to the idea of a God and his amazing abilities. In the search for the explaination as to why all the children are gone, many Muslims eyes would be opened to the idea of the Rapture. I believe most Muslims are cultural Muslims... not die-hard believers in Islam. Given a convincing argument for Christ (as the disappearance of children world wide would provide) I believe many would see the fallacies within Islam.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

I think the numbers may be a lot lower than what you are thinking. Especially here in the US. Many call themselves Christian but are in name only. My thoughts are that there are only several million real Christians in the world. Compared to 7 billion that is not a whole lot so we may not be missed as much as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    I think the numbers may be a lot lower than what you are thinking. Especially here in the US. Many call themselves Christian but are in name only. My thoughts are that there are only several million real Christians in the world. Compared to 7 billion that is not a whole lot so we may not be missed as much as you think.
    I'll throw in the confusion that will ensue around the event.

Those not taken do not belong to The Lord anyway, so they will swallow whatever lie the enemy concocts, no problem.

If The Rapture happens amid some serious trouble/war then people's attention may very well be directed elsewhere and The Rapture would be a non event to those left.

BTW, I agree the numbers of faithful watchers will be quite low.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

Default My point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    I think, even if it's not a significant portion of the population that is raptured in the USA, everyone will still likely know SOMEONE who was raptured and at some point someone will make the link that everyone who disappeared was a Christian (and hopefully they'll also recognizes the fruits of the person's life, too, to further solidify the Christian concept).

Even in Muslim countries, they'll recognize that vast amounts of people in the USA, Australia and other Western countries disappeared (including those in our military). While not everyone will see the connection, all it will take is a few people recognizing it and planting the seed with other people to start opening eyes about who the people were who disappeared and beginning the discussion. Keep in mind there are a lot of people whose hearts are already hardened towards Christ but there are also a lot of people who, when forced to open their eyes will do so and immediately see Christ's handiwork.

As to whether or not the children on non-believers disappear, I think there is Biblical argument for both lines of thought. Certainly if all the children were to disappear, it would be FAR harder for non-Christians to close their eyes off to the idea of a God and his amazing abilities. In the search for the explaination as to why all the children are gone, many Muslims eyes would be opened to the idea of the Rapture. I believe most Muslims are cultural Muslims... not die-hard believers in Islam. Given a convincing argument for Christ (as the disappearance of children world wide would provide) I believe many would see the fallacies within Islam.
    Look at it from this perspective, some Christians know that the rapture will be taking us to be with our heavanly father, However Islamics will claim that this is an Islamic vicotory over Christianity and there Imam removed the christians so they can set up their callephate here on earth as promised by their profits. Imagine the Radical Islamists that view this as proof there end times cenario is coming to furition, there will be no limit to what they will do, sounds like a pretty good plan from the father of lies to me. Im sure there will be a secular explination Satan has planted as well. Thankfully we also know that there will be many people that realize the Lord our God has called us up to be with him and many more people will come to him as well as this time!

With at least 3 explinations (secular, islamic, and the right one!), the two biggest religions on earth argueing over what caused this, plus dozens of secular theories imagine the confusion Satan would cast upon the non believers left behind!

Many of the billion so called Christians who will not be raptured will feel anger towards the Lord because they weren't taken. "I spent practically every Sunday in church... For what" satan will play this up to the helt, "See He didn't love you"

Where in His word does it say, not all children will be taken? I have always been taught all children under the age of accountabilty will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Many of the billion so called Christians who will not be raptured will feel anger towards the Lord because they weren't taken. "I spent practically every Sunday in church... For what" satan will play this up to the helt, "See He didn't love you"

Where in His word does it say, not all children will be taken? I have always been taught all children under the age of accountabilty will be taken.
    with both items here. So-called Christians will believe any lie they are told rather than think they were not true to Jesus.. Also, I think since all children are of God and they are blameless in the circumstances into which they were born, God will Rapture them ALL. At least I pray that is true.
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post

I hope this is not the case. I am of the belief that when Christ died on the cross, he made it as easy as possible for the children he loves to be a part of his kingdom (kind of a cosmic joke considering how many people will not be saved). I know there are many christians that have fallen away, or do not live the lives that they should, but I know that all it takes is one prayer at one time in your life and the Lord our God will not forget us. My hope is that there will be many who are raptured that say, WOW I wish I would have had more faith in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    I think, even if it's not a significant portion of the population that is raptured in the USA, everyone will still likely know SOMEONE who was raptured
    Ya know I have had this hit my mind plenty of times in the past. I always think of the paradox of Jesus going to great lengths to tell us how easy it is to get into the Kingdom of Heaven, but also goes to great lengths to tell us that not everyone who says Lord, Lord, will make it. the last I checked, the world's estimated Christian population was just over 2 billion. I am thinking more like in the tens of millions will actually make it. And please don't think I am judging here-I know it's God's party and He makes up the guest list. Regardless of how many make it versus how many are left behind, I don't think it is an event that can happen without severe chaos and utter panic EVERYWHERE! I can't even wrap my mind around how you calm 6.75 billion people down enough to get back into living life.
    God is my first choice...not my last resort!!!
    My hope is in Christ Jesus!!!

I hope this is not the case. I am of the belief that when Christ died on the cross, he made it as easy as possible for the children he loves to be a part of his kingdom (kind of a cosmic joke considering how many people will not be saved). I know there are many christians that have fallen away, or do not live the lives that they should, but I know that all it takes is one prayer at one time in your life and the Lord our God will not forget us. My hope is that there will be many who are raptured that say, WOW I wish I would have had more faith in my life.
    It will exactly be the case. Think of how many Televangelists are out there spreading false doctrine! I was fipping aroung the channels the other night and found Benny Hinn on one of them, and decided to watch it for a few seconds just for kicks and giggles. He was telling everyone to send him $25.00 for Israel and he gaurenteed that everyone who did this would have ALL of their financial issues cleared up in ONE week! All of this false doctrine spreading will have a consequence. That's why we are warned to plan our lives as if the end won't happen in our lifetimes, but live as though it were happening tomorrow. I have come to feel more and more that this is serious stuff. For years I have believed that going to Heaven was something that would happen to tons of people. But I really believe that it will be more of an exclusive event because of many peoples' hearts nto being in the right place. God is shaking the tree to see who falls off and who clings. I pray we all cling, but I fear that will not be the case.
    God is my first choice...not my last resort!!!
    My hope is in Christ Jesus!!!

"A double minded man
    is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:8

Iran's leaders have produced a fascinating video about "The Coming". Interesting they do not call it the Second Coming. Supposedly it was produced in order to rally support among the Revolutionary Guard. The video is long and not easy to watch (it is subtitled) but worth viewing to get an idea of what they really believe. They actually assign identity to several key players of their prophecies. Along with that, they depict the Mahdi on a white horse and even toss in a few clips lifted from LoTR. Even Freemasonry takes a hit in this video!

You can watch it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WwiadYT-N9k

Khamenei told Iranians in July 2010 that he personally met with the Twelfth Imam. He also claimed to be the personal representative of the Mahdi on earth, and said all Muslims must “obey him.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...#ixzz1dWVYtpzb
    Like all good insane dictators, this guy is either delusional or on drugs. And yet there are millions who believe him.