Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepare for "the end" or exercise Faith? *merged*

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercord View Post
    I think someone should define what is being prepared for. I don't think any of the people here are stockpiling to ride out the apocalypse, just using common sense based on their needs (medical in particular) and the hazards of the area they inhabit.
    From our experience (which is quite a bit) some are secretly hedging their bets about the Rapture. If it doesn't happen at all or if it happens later than they're comfortable with, they feel they will be benefitted by their *foresight* and *self-reliance.*

Don't get mad, folks, I said "some". If it doesn't apply to you, let it go.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Jlutz View Post
    I also don't want to suggest that God is a genie in a bottle. His will doesn't always match up with ours.

One thing is certain, if we had greater faith, we would see greater things accomplished.
    First let me say it is wise to have something set aside for a rainy day if you can. The cricket and the ant story goes without saying.

I have been forced to take one day at a time. Not having good health I can't work even if I wanted to go out and find a job. I can do little for myself each day. It is a struggle now days to just get showered and get to the doctor's office let alone do any food shopping, preparing meals, cleaning. The garden hasn't been touched my me in quiet a while, I've had other family do most of what i cannot. Humbling and frustrating. You learn things don't get done when you would like them to be done or in the way you would like things to be done. You have to just say thanks and not complain.

So all my income and daily provision comes from God through people around me. I cannot even if I wanted to do anything to prepare ahead of time, I just live day to day now. I have seen God provide more than I could imagine already. It is still difficult and there are some things I lack and would dearly like to do, like get my carpet cleaned. Yes God's provision has not matched up to my hopes or desires. At times God's provision has been far greater but most times I miss out on things and most necessties in life are adequate but not ideally what I would like (I am not ungrateful just that I certainly get the no frills version given to me rather than the deluxe).

Through my declining health and strength and of course my own lack of independence I am forced right now to look to God because there is no other alternative. I can't do much for myself these days. It has been a very humbling experience. If things got really bad here where I am then I guess I would be one of the first casualties of bad times but somehow God has sustained my husband and I until now and without Gods blessings and grace in our lives I don't know what our situation would be right now let alone tomorrow. We would not have survived. I marvel how God seems to bring us what we need when we need it.

However if you cannot God doesn't abandon you and this I have experienced firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    From our experience (which is quite a bit) some are secretly hedging their bets about the Rapture. If it doesn't happen at all or if it happens later than they're comfortable with, they feel they will be benefitted by their *foresight* and *self-reliance.*

Don't get mad, folks, I said "some". If it doesn't apply to you, let it go.
    Well in that case, the tribulation saints will overcome by the blood of the lamb and their testimony, not their forethought to stockpile. I might be missing the point, but I would not want to prolong life on this earth during the tribulation. Really though a modest stockpile can be a good idea depending on your locale, but I don't see the creation of one capable of sustaining life through the tribulation as possible or practical.

I've got one eye on the road and one eye on the sky.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

I think someone should define what is being prepared for.
    Read the OP.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Read the OP.
    I did and see this quote : "I've seen several posts over the last few months saying we all need to prepare for whats coming. I've always believed no special preparation is necessary because the Lord will provide or take us home before it is too bad."

What exactly is coming?

I did and see this quote : "I've seen several posts over the last few months saying we all need to prepare for whats coming. I've always believed no special preparation is necessary because the Lord will provide or take us home before it is too bad."

What exactly is coming?
    Whatever the questioner had in mind, which is not the same as what we are told in scripture.

Jack related our general attitude, as taught in scripture, towards our living in this world.

This person, along with some others, desire special understanding or revelation regarding suffering while in this world, or they claim to have it themselves. "Preppers" aren't shy when it comes to their opinion on what is happening or what may happen. There is no preparation physically for what is coming upon this world, from the biblical point of view. Which is why people who want to prep, can prep to their hearts delight. What they cannot do is claim the scriptures tell them to, because they do not.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

What exactly is coming?
    satan's wrath, God's wrath, the tribulation, drought, famine, floods, etc..

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

In response to the question about providing lots of food for potential needy people in the future:

God can also provide all that food in your home if and when the time comes, suddenly; He works in crazy fast ways sometimes
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Boy Scout's motto - "Be prepared"

How does one be prepared? Trust Jesus. Be born again. Preparation complete.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

What exactly is coming?
    A few of the calamities some Christians fear they will face are economic collapse, race riots, and Marshal law. I've seen these issues raised on survival type threads many times. The tone of these discussions always becomes increasingly alarmist and irrational, sowing fear in less mature believers that they must find someplace to hide.

Seeing this stuff has always been my pet peeve.

It's important to note that the above is much different than having a few extras on hand in the event of bad weather or during flu/cold season when getting to the store may be difficult {especially for single folks}. We're talking about two totally separate things that shouldn't be confused.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Some that really peave me are types like Texe Marrs, He tries to use God and putting fear into others to buy his survival gear, sadly I know people who so follow him, they keep buying his tapes and garbage, spending what little money they have, only to line his pockets... Ick...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    A few of the calamities some Christians fear they will face are economic collapse, race riots, and Marshal law. I've seen these issues raised on survival type threads many times. The tone of these discussions always becomes increasingly alarmist and irrational, sowing fear in less mature believers that they must find someplace to hide.

Seeing this stuff has always been my pet peeve.

It's important to note that the above is much different than having a few extras on hand in the event of bad weather or during flu/cold season when getting to the store may be difficult {especially for single folks}. We're talking about two totally separate things that shouldn't be confused.
    A lot of money is soon spent at Costco after those tirades, I wonder if Costco employees start these conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    satan's wrath, God's wrath, the tribulation, drought, famine, floods, etc..
    And don't forget those 100 ton hailstones mingled with fire! Chef Boyardee and the Jolly Green Giant probably won't help much when those things come about.

I also don't understand how people think that the .22 pistol in their nightstand is going to ward off the Red Chinese Army, nuclear war, chemical weapons, or some other doomsday scenario. Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Just wait patiently and trust in Jesus. I think he once said to not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough troubles of its own.

That said, I don't see a problem with having supplies for a minor disaster like a storm or a tornado.
    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post

Agreed!
    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10

prepare for local disasters but don't hoard for tthe tribulation

if i needed a job would i pray/look or just pray. i would pray/look. you need to do some effort on your part, but you need to pray to GOD 1st and foremost. do not confuse this with faith plus works. it is just praying and looking. merit on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by clemson View Post
    if i needed a job would i pray/look or just pray. i would pray/look. you need to do some effort on your part, but you need to pray to GOD 1st and foremost. do not confuse this with faith plus works. it is just praying and looking. merit on both sides.
    How does this apply to the OP?
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    prepare for local disasters but don't hoard for tthe tribulation
    I agree : )

Wouldn't it be much more pleasing to our God if those that are storing up for those left behind would instead use those resources NOW for those that are starving NOW? I know that if I had extra dollars to spend on surplus, that is where my money would be going. I have a dear friend in Africa that lives in the slums in Nairobi. While he could afford to live in a better place, he chooses not to so that he may use the money he saves to feed the starving. He tells me that although millions of dollars come into his country to feed the poor, it does not always reach them because of government corruption, logistics, etc. He is just one man but he is doing all that he can for others and gives no thought for himself as he believes that the Lord takes care of him. The things that he tells me in our correspondance is more than my American mind can fully comprehend sometimes. As poor as I am, I am rich beyond measure to those in other lands. I still have a home to live in and food on my table. I have never witnessed in America, children dying on the side of the road because their parents were to weak themselves from starvation to carry the child to the government camp that is a 30 day walk for many. I have never known what it is like to find a woman that has not eaten in 7 days and attempt to feed her and she die anyway because her electrolytes were so low from lack of good clean water that the food killed her as if poison. I do not know what it is like to live in a rural area in a mud shack with a grass roof and take care of 6 orphans, while the government only gives me food for one of those orphans and I have to feed all of us on that ration. We, Americans have been so spoiled and blessed by our God, while there are millions of people all around this world that know nothing of what we have taken for granted. They do not worry for tomorrow or next month or next year. Today is all that they have, if that in many cases.

Many things that I once took for granted, I no longer do thanks to this man that I now call my brother in the Lord. I have learned so many things from him. Even now as I write this, he is in the hospital from being attacked in his slum home by thugs. Theyt beat him and took all that he had but yet in his letter to me he is still praising God for allowing him to live yet another day to serve Him and continue to help those in need!

Just some "food" for thought.