Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Gospel shall... be preached to the whole world...then shall the end come

Default This Gospel shall... be preached to the whole world...then shall the end come

Matthew 24:14
    And THIS GOSPEL of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Does anyone know how close we are to the Gospel being preached to the whole world? I tried to find out if the Jesus Film had been translated into ALL languages yet, but they only had a list of languages they had translated the film into, but not a list of all languages.

I kind of got discouraged when I checked out how many languages still need the Bible translated into their native tongue on Lamb and Lion's website. But since the scripture says that the Gospel needs to be preached and not "the Bible needs to be translated", I was trying to find how many languages need the gospel. Anyone know?

From what I understand is this will not be fulfilled until the end of the tribulation....Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. The 144,000 will be a big part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvat3r View Post
    From what I understand is this will not be fulfilled until the end of the tribulation....Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. The 144,000 will be a big part of this.
    I believe you are right
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

I agree that this will be fulfilled during the Trib, but it will probably be achieved before the mid-point of the Trib when the MOB system will become compulsory - so that no-one can say that they didn't know any better.
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Rev 14:6-7. Never before has an angel been used to preach the gospel. I believe these verses will help fulfill that prophecy. Also with the end shall come would mean at the end of the tribulation not for the rapture to occur.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    I agree that this will be fulfilled during the Trib, but it will probably be achieved before the mid-point of the Trib when the MOB system will become compulsory - so that no-one can say that they didn't know any better.
    I agree

Yep, there will be God sent angel doing this job as well.
    Marantha!

Quote Originally Posted by dleader View Post
    Rev 14:6-7. Never before has an angel been used to preach the gospel. I believe these verses will help fulfill that prophecy. Also with the end shall come would mean at the end of the tribulation not for the rapture to occur.
    I second that. Thanks for giving the quote from the Bible.
    Marantha!

How exciting to be preached to by an Angel of God!!!!

I concur....angels and the 144,000. And the two witnesses as well I believe? Most believe that this is not a pre-condition for the rapture but rather a statement of fact prior to Jesus' second coming. This fact alone established God's immeasurable love for mankind.

appleblooms Guest

This is one of those hard metrics to measure. Does all the world mean every nation? Then the Gospel reached every nation long ago. Every tribe? Almost all of them, but rarely an indigenous tribe living in a remote area will still be found who had no outside contact, (this happened within the last year or so,) but very rare. Every last person ever? Surely almost everyone has heard the gospel by now, but there are a few people here or there who might not have.

The difficult nature of this "almost but just not quite there yet" measure is why it is often easier to see this as a specifically tribulation thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vbf View Post
    Most believe that this is not a pre-condition for the rapture but rather a statement of fact prior to Jesus' second coming.
    I agree that this is the context of Matthew 24. A statement of fact which takes place in the time immediately preceding the prophesied/promised earthly Millennial Kingdom at His Second Coming (to the earth)... not about our rapture (which takes place at least 7 years before that).

ETA: And I agree with the others who said that this will be fulfilled by the mid-trib point. That's how I understand it, as well.

I agree with all, it happens during the Tribulation. The Church today is full of apostasy. Jesus Himself said that when He comes, "Will He find any Faith at all?"
    But the 144,000 will be able to do what the Church never could do and that is to bring the Gosple of the Kingdom to all nations.

Quote Originally Posted by appleblooms View Post
    This is one of those hard metrics to measure. Does all the world mean every nation? Then the Gospel reached every nation long ago. Every tribe? Almost all of them, but rarely an indigenous tribe living in a remote area will still be found who had no outside contact, (this happened within the last year or so,) but very rare. Every last person ever? Surely almost everyone has heard the gospel by now, but there are a few people here or there who might not have.

The difficult nature of this "almost but just not quite there yet" measure is why it is often easier to see this as a specifically tribulation thing.
    There have been stories in recent years of Muslims in the ME who are forbidden to have exposure to the gospel, having dreams where the gospel is preached to them and they have responded! How wonderful that God would reach out to them this way when unconventional means are denied them!
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    How exciting to be preached to by an Angel of God!!!!
    Anyone hearing angels preach the gospel message missed the rapture.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    There have been stories in recent years of Muslims in the ME who are forbidden to have exposure to the gospel, having dreams where the gospel is preached to them and they have responded! How wonderful that God would reach out to them this way when unconventional means are denied them!
    I wasn't a muslim in the ME but God has come to me in my dream when the USSR collapsed and I received Jesus shortly after that, it was 1993 February 13. And in our Church nominal muslims would give accounts how they saw a man in pure white in their dreams telling them to accept Jesus. This was very moving.
    Marantha!

Quote Originally Posted by Maywood View Post
    I wasn't a muslim in the ME but God has come to me in my dream when the USSR collapsed and I received Jesus shortly after that, it was 1993 February 13. And in our Church nominal muslims would give accounts how they saw a man in pure white in their dreams telling them to accept Jesus. This was very moving.
    WOW ... just ... WOW

His arm is never too short to accomplish His will.

Praying for all to accept Christ while the time is available.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

I saw a few minutes of Jack Van Impe yesterday and he was telling how many muslims had converted to Christianity last year from several ME countries and it was 40,000 from here, 35,000 from there and I think he said about 2 million in all. Maybe someone else saw it and knows the number he said for sure but it was a lot! I thought maybe God is pouring out his spirit and saving them in large numbers because of the wars that are coming to that area. I was really happy to hear of such large numbers getting saved who are living in those circumstances.

It is done by the first angel of Revelation 14. Scripture only says the 144 thou follow the Lamb wherever He goes. I need to reread it again but that is how I recall it.

I reread 14. As I thought, Scripture does not say they evangelize. They may, but it is not explicitly stated in 14 the way at least one Bible prophecy teacher (and probably more) have taught over the years.