Thread: Please give proper credit when copying and pasting

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Default Please give proper credit when copying and pasting

Hello everyone!

Just a reminder to please be sure and always give proper attribution when copying and pasting the work of another person or news organization. Copyright laws and regulations regarding fair use and open source documentation must be obeyed. Please do not copy entire articles unless permission is granted from the author and or the parent site.

List the entire URL and if using "imbeds" please also go ahead and separately list the URL anyway (in case the imbed fails we still have the proper attribution in place).

Thanks!
    Last edited by Steve53; July 19th, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Formatting

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Too many articles still being put up without proper attribution folks. Please use full URL's when posting the work of another. Fair use does not always apply and we must give credit especially where copyrighted material is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post

Too many articles still being put up without proper attribution folks. Please use full URL's when posting the work of another. Fair use does not always apply and we must give credit especially where copyrighted material is used.

List the entire URL and if using "imbeds" please also go ahead and separately list the URL anyway (in case the imbed fails we still have the proper attribution in place).

The work of having to verify imbedded links is time consuming and frankly folks, this is becoming a major problem for some posters.

All posters - Please adhere to this request or risk having threads deleted for non-compliance.

If anyone has any questions regarding this policy please PM a Mod.

The work of having to verify imbedded links is time consuming and frankly folks, this is becoming HAS become a major problem for some posters.

All posters - Please adhere to this request or risk having threads deleted for non-compliance.

Please folks, we need your help with this. Copyright infringement is no small matter.

Hello everyone!

Just a reminder to please be sure and always give proper attribution when copying and pasting the work of another person or news organization. Copyright laws and regulations regarding fair use and open source documentation must be obeyed. Please do not copy entire articles unless permission is granted from the author and or the parent site.

Thanks!

The work of having to verify imbedded links is time consuming and frankly folks, this is becoming a major problem for some posters.

Please folks, we need your help with this. Copyright infringement is no small matter.
    Having to bump this thread - again.

Looking up URL's takes more time than y'all may think. Original postings to the web sometimes get buried under an avalanche of links upon links to who knows where. If we can't find a proper attribution to copied text within the body of a post, the post (or thread) may be deleted without explanation.

Hopefully you know who you are .............and the rest of you fine folks, carry on! You're doing great!

Bumping this reminder thread again.

Imbeds only do not qualify as proper attribution.

Folks, posts with quotes and links to other sites are being deleted that don't have the full URL listed.

We welcome everyone's input, but we are insisting that adherence to the policy of proper attribution be complied with completely.