2 tsp salt
    3 tsp ground cardamom
    2 cakes yeast
    1/4 cup lukewarm water
    2 beaten eggs
    4 cups flour
    1 cup light raisins
    1 cup dark raisins
    2 8-oz packages S&W candied mixed fruit (also called glace cake mix)
    4 cups additional flour
    Preparation
    Pour hot water over the raisins and let them sit to soften. Combine scalded milk, margarine, sugar, salt and cardamom. Cool to lukewarm if milk is still hot from scalding. Soften the yeast in the 1/4 cup lukewarm water, and add to milk mixture. Add eggs and mix well. Add 4 cups flour and beat well. Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, until bubbly.

Add mixed fruit, raisins and the rest of the flour and knead on a lightly floured work surface. Brush the top of the dough with melted butter and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk. Divide into 3 parts, and make 3 round loaves or put into three bread pans. Let rise again until doubled. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.
    Jesus built us a bridge to Heaven - with 2 boards and 3 nails

Sounds delicious!

Anyone know if cake yeast can be substituted with dried and what is the measurement?

i think you can use 40 gram dry yest in this recipie i have now made 6 bread,and will make 3 more tomorrow. WE eat in with just butter,or brown goat cheese. I use succade (200 gram) in them,do you have that by you?
    Jesus built us a bridge to Heaven - with 2 boards and 3 nails

Sounds yummy!!! I might have to bake this or get my grammy to bake it for me! lol!

My mother used to make that bread. She died 10 years ago. It's been that long sense I've had it. I might make it now that I have the recipe, thanks.