Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Trib churches.....

kissimmeeman Guest

Default Pre-Trib churches.....

For those of you that grew up going to or are now going to churches that promote the pre-trib rapture point of salvation will you please let me, and possibly others, know what types of churches are these? I grew up going to Methodist churches and never knew the word rapture until I was a young adult and it had no meaning. Are there different denominations where this is taught? Are there certain denominations for both mid and post-trib too? Just some things I've been thinking over as my wife and I are looking for a new church. Bless you all.

Tom

The Calvary Chapels are Pre-Trib. Are you in Florida (your name, its a guess)??? There are some good Calvary Chapels in Florida.

Look at this link. I put a proximity search for Kissimmee. If that isn't where you are from....sorry. But I like the Calvary Chapels. I am a youth leader at ours.

http://calvarychapel.com/?q=kissimme...d=47&Itemid=71

Scott
    The Road To New Jerusalem

My denomination is Baptist & I have known about the rapture for a long time. They believe in the pre-trib. These denominations need to stay true to The Bible.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

That is a good question. IMHO You really have to do some home work around where you live. Even within denominations I would consider more likely to have a Pre-Trib rapture view, there are churches that either don't believe it or won't teach it. What I mean by that is, we found some that when we talked to the leadership they said they believed in the Pre-Trib rapture but really didn't teach it at all. They just avoided the issue because they didn't want to "offend" anyone.
    When my wife and I did our search when we moved to FL it tooks us awhile, we really had to search. For us it wasn't just the Pre-Trib rapture, it was also did they believe and teach the Word of God? Were they legalistic, seeker sensitive types, weak theologically in other areas etc? I mean it was really frustrating and tough on us for awhile until we found what we were looking for.

I grew up in a non denominational church and heard about the Pre trib rapture all my young life. The teaching is very prevalent here where I live, even the Catholics grew up believing in Pre trib.

I attend the Church of the Nazarene, and the few that I have gone to, teach a pre trib Rapture. And a soon Rapture, at that.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

I grew up Presbyterian and most do not teach anything related to the second coming, I was nearly 30 the first time I heard the word or anything about the teaching. I had no clue that there was a second coming, let alone a rapture. Late September 1973, out over the atlantic ocean in a DC10. I can still feel the shock/fear/joy/amazement/anger when I read The Late Great Planet Earth. How dare the presbyterian's deny me this teaching!! My husband pulled us out of the Presbyterian church soon after we returned from Israel that year. We were there for the 1973 war! Now that was an experience.

I currently go to a non denominational church that is applying to Calvary Chapel. And so far they are solid as a rock.

Presbyterians are amillenial, and raptureless.
    I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

Ditto on the Calvary Chapels. They often teach verse by verse. If you are not far from Lakeland I think there is a church there called Victory that is good, too.

Meanwhile, if you go to www.hischannel.com there are several pastors and sermons available to watch on that site. I've recently started watching Bob Coy. He is the pastor of the Calvary Chapel in Ft Lauderdale.

Hope you find a solid Bible based church.

I go to an Assembly of God church and my pastor is pre-trib and teaches the Word line by line. I'm not sure if all AOG does the same.

I attend a Baptist church and as far as I know all our leaders are pre-trib. Our pastor is great, but rarely speaks on the rapture other than to say he believes the Lord will return soon. I think you need to be prepared to invest some time in choosing a church. I think if it was only me (not my husband who doesn't like change), I would look for a Calvary Chapel in our area. I think it depends a lot on the pastor to project this teaching to the congregation, not to just hold that belief.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

I attend a Baptist church and our Pastor is unabashedly pre-trib.

Grew up Lutheran for 50 years. Amillenial. Became a young earth creationist/ Pre-trib/ about 30 years ago. Stayed in the Lutheran church because I was the Jr/Sr High bible study leader and taught their kids to take the bible literally, missionary work. Left when ELCA decided to vote out portions of scripture as irrelevant for today a few of years ago. Went to large non-denominational but they only taught life application.

Long story short - we are attending a Calvery Chaple, and listening to one online - definately pre trib teachings. My wife said that it was good to hear from the pulpit what I have been saying for years.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Hurray for Calvary Chapels! I've been in a CC for over 14 years.

Grew up Pentecostal Holiness and learned about the Rapture at a young age, although I cant remember if it was preached to be pre-trib. Now go to Baptist--pre-trib Rapture is taught/preached. I love my church.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Ditto on the Calvary Chapels ... I attended one for a year and loved it so much. They moved far away when they took over another Calvary Chapel church .. and combined the two together. I now I attend a local church in my town. It's non-denom. My Pastor was previously a Baptist preacher. Very pre-trib and I love him dearly.

Independent Baptist, very strongly pre-Trib, very missions minded, I tend to think that goes hand in hand with it but it could just be because my church is; but it does make sense that one feels a need to win souls because one knows time here could be very short.

I grew up Lutheran, went from head knowledge to heart knowledge reading the Bible in college, and listened to services on the radio or TV for a few years before I started going regularly to my church after law school - so I really don't rememberever hearing any different except for Pat Rogbertson's show, which I took with a grain of salt anyway because of other things; the Lord knew I wouldn't be within walking distance of a good church consistently for a few years and gave me a strong sense of discernment when I was first saved. (Of coruse, claiming the promise of James 1:5 about numerous areas right away helped, too; I prayed and believed God would give me wisdom about things and He did.)

I don't recall when the first message clearly on the Rapture was that I heard, but it was surely within the first 2-3 years that I attended my church on a consistent basis. And that was with one pastor leaving after a year and then visiting pastors for quite a while; the Lord had the right man he was preparing, though, and when he came in 1999 it was definitely a wonderful thing, as he has done a great job of teachinga nd preaching the rapture and all the rest of the Bible.
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

We started attending a new church a few weeks ago. The pastor is not pre-trib, but he's pretty much said he knows some people are and he's just not sure. However, he preaches that Jesus is coming again, and he's also commented that it sure looks like we are in the end times. He also seems to see the false teachings/teachers that are out there and preaches what the Bible says vs. what they say. He's a fairly young pastor and is so passionate about the Bible and truth and what Jesus did for us. Even though he's unsure about the rapture, I still feel blessed to have found this church.

ETA: This is a non-denominational Christian Church.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

If you can't find a Calvary Chapel nearby, or one that you like for some reason or another, try www.ifca.org and read their belief statement. They also have an online church directory. Their belief statement would be almost identical to CC.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Sandee View Post
    I grew up Presbyterian and most do not teach anything related to the second coming, I was nearly 30 the first time I heard the word or anything about the teaching. I had no clue that there was a second coming, let alone a rapture. Late September 1973, out over the atlantic ocean in a DC10. I can still feel the shock/fear/joy/amazement/anger when I read The Late Great Planet Earth. How dare the presbyterian's deny me this teaching!! My husband pulled us out of the Presbyterian church soon after we returned from Israel that year. We were there for the 1973 war! Now that was an experience.

I currently go to a non denominational church that is applying to Calvary Chapel. And so far they are solid as a rock.

Presbyterians are amillenial, and raptureless.
    My neighbor is a Presby, and several years ago, she and I were reading the "Left Behind" series together. I had bought the books, and when I finished, I would pass them off to her. She couldn't wait for me to finish, she would be yelling over the deck rail to "hurry up!" We got to the point where we had read all that had been published and were waiting for the next one. In the interim, she wanted to talk to her pastor about this series--as she was so enthused about it. Her pastor (a divorcee) told her that it was hogwash. That God doesn't work like that--He is kind and loving, and that these books were a fantastical tale and nothing more, and furthermore, the Bible wasn't meant to be taken LITERALLY. Even though my friend and I had been also looking at the scripture against the books and finding, INDEED, that is what the Bible clearly says, she BELIEVED HER PASTOR! She lost all interest in the books and in end-times prophecy.

Even though she hasn't said so DIRECTLY to my face, she believes me to be a religious zealot--probably along the lines of a Harold Camping follower. Her church as fallen so far away from what the Bible says, and she is falling right with it. I have begged her to read her Bible and see for herself what God says about--well--everything, and she told me *point blank* that she didn't need to, as her pastor reads the Bible and explains it to the congregation.

I was so sad that this woman--this PASTOR-- basically stole the joy from my friend, and the blessed hope she had come to believe. My friend claims to be a Christian, and I will take her at her word, so I believe the Lord will pull her back strongly to Him--and away from this church that has become so lukewarm.

I attend an Independent Baptist church. They are pre-trib all the way and preach right from the Bible every Sunday. I grew up Southern Baptist and remember very little talk about the second coming of Christ, but the preacher did preach from the Bible. Went to a Methodist church for a few years and never heard any sermons on the rapture or the second coming of our Lord....mostly topics on helping others and some watered down scripture discussions.

As I've grown older, I've become more conservative regarding church and appreciate the teachings and strong Bible preaching from the Independent Baptist church I now attend. I have yet to go home after church not learning something I didn't know before I went in.....awesome.

southern baptist. pre trib, and Jesus is coming back very soon rapture. "do you know that you know that you know that you know that you know that you know that you're born again!" yes, amen and halliluya!