Thread: Can you return Yankee candles after burning?

Default Can you return Yankee candles after burning?

I'm not sure if I like the scent. A little too strong and sweet for my taste. It smelled good in the store. It's called ~ Almond Cookie.

I burned it about 40 minutes. Not sure what there policy is....

I really, really, doubt it.

The only store I know with a policy like that ended up in bankruptcy. People basically just "borrowed" the merchandise, and returned it badly used.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I would try. A lot of store have a 'satisifaction guarantee' policy. I have returned scents to bath and body works that I didnt like. And I have bought and returned plenty of make up that just was not my color.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

these candles aren't cheap. I'm hoping they will let me exchange it. I'll call them tomorrow. If not I guess I'm out of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
    I would try. A lot of store have a 'satisifaction guarantee' policy. I have returned scents to bath and body works that I didnt like. And I have bought and returned plenty of make up that just was not my color.

Your right Joy!! I checked out there website I am a happy camper

So, what exactly does "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed" actually mean? Simply put, if for any reason you are unhappy with your Yankee Candle, they will take it back. Many times you won't figure out that you don't like a particular scent until after you start burning the candle, so Yankee Candle will also accept candles that have been burned. Don't be embarrassed about this...a jar candle costs Yankee Candle very little money to make, and they want to be sure that you are completely happy with your purchase. So if you start burning a candle and decide that you don't like it, don't throw it away-return it!

I am glad to hear you can return it. I have found most stores do allow returns of items that you arent happy with....oh with the exception of swim suits and underwear!

Several years ago my husband and I were in a Yankee store when he accidentally dropped a candle, breaking it. We offered to pay for it and they were very friendly, saying, "Oh, don't worry, it happens all the time...We even break them by accident sometimes." I don't remember if we insisted on paying or not, but they didn't ask us too.

Well this is good to know, because my husband loves there candles, but i often wondered about that. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by adamrach View Post
    Well this is good to know, because my husband loves there candles, but i often wondered about that. Thanks for the info!

your so welcome adamrach. Great policy. I love the Vineyard it smells like grapes! I just bought Lilac for the spring! My mother loved the smell of lilacs. I brought back the double wicked candles though TOO much scent. I will stick with the single wick. My son and dil really love yankee's oils. He say's the scents are amazing. You put several drops of the oil in the top then place a tea light below to heat the oil. You may want to check that out for hubby Do you have a favorite scent?

When my husband had to live in an extended stay motel for several months, he loved to burn the Yankee candles. I think it was "lilac" - it was a light lavender color, but he hates lavender fragrance. The hotel room had a very stale "old cigarette and stale hotel room" aroma.

I got into making my own with soy wax so I'd bring him my own. Yankee were great, but expensive. I also bought him a luxury bath towel as a gift.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    When my husband had to live in an extended stay motel for several months, he loved to burn the Yankee candles. I think it was "lilac" - it was a light lavender color, but he hates lavender fragrance. The hotel room had a very stale "old cigarette and stale hotel room" aroma.

I got into making my own with soy wax so I'd bring him my own. Yankee were great, but expensive. I also bought him a luxury bath towel as a gift.

Your husband is one lucky man. I do believe the Lavender is also similar in color to Lilac. I don't like Lavender scent's either. This one definately smells like fresh Lilacs. I have three dog's in the house ~ hence having a candle burning ~lol~

Ron is VERY happy one of my love languages is acts of service. I like to spoil him.

I recently had some blood tests come back; I am dehydrated. I am always dehydrated from my medication.

Anyway, he can barely walk, but went all the way down the hall to get me a room temperature bottle of water. I prefer warm water. We take care of each other.

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Faith&Hope View Post
    your so welcome adamrach. Great policy. I love the Vineyard it smells like grapes! I just bought Lilac for the spring! My mother loved the smell of lilacs. I brought back the double wicked candles though TOO much scent. I will stick with the single wick. My son and dil really love yankee's oils. He say's the scents are amazing. You put several drops of the oil in the top then place a tea light below to heat the oil. You may want to check that out for hubby Do you have a favorite scent?
    I love them all. My husband like the christmas tree scent. I will check out the oil for the hubby thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Ron is VERY happy one of my love languages is acts of service. I like to spoil him.

I recently had some blood tests come back; I am dehydrated. I am always dehydrated from my medication.

Anyway, he can barely walk, but went all the way down the hall to get me a room temperature bottle of water. I prefer warm water. We take care of each other.

for you and hubby Acts. "We take care of eachother" God Bless you both

Quote Originally Posted by adamrach View Post
    I love them all. My husband like the christmas tree scent. I will check out the oil for the hubby thanks!

I spent over an hour in the store smelling every jar. They must have thought I was nuts ~lol~ I may check out the oil too. Summer = Clean Cotton

I love candles, too. I'm drawn to the fruit scented ones like apple, pumpkin or cherry. And the YC have a good strong scent that lasts. I buy fragrance oil from Bath and Body when it goes on sale. Oh, on the YC...they have one called......Morning Glory if I remember correctly. It was so fresh and delish.

One of my absolute favorite candles is Warm Apple Pie from WalMart and also Black Cherry, if they have it. Both are fairly strong. I feel like I have wasted my money if I buy a candle and it doesnt at least scent up one room. It's not like I buy them for their decorative value, KWIM??

Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
    I love candles, too. I'm drawn to the fruit scented ones like apple, pumpkin or cherry. And the YC have a good strong scent that lasts. I buy fragrance oil from Bath and Body when it goes on sale. Oh, on the YC...they have one called......Morning Glory if I remember correctly. It was so fresh and delish.

One of my absolute favorite candles is Warm Apple Pie from WalMart and also Black Cherry, if they have it. Both are fairly strong. I feel like I have wasted my money if I buy a candle and it doesnt at least scent up one room. It's not like I buy them for their decorative value, KWIM??
    Joy, I'm glad I'm not the only candle junkie here ~LOL~
    Have you smelled Vineyard from Yankee. Love that one!! You said you like the fruity scents (grapes) you will love Vineyard.
    I was in Yankee yesterday. They have an amazing NEW line. The scent ~ Lemon Morena~ I believe, smells just like fresh lemons. So refreshing! That will be my next purchase once I get my coupon. Morning Glory sounds nice. I agree with you, it's a waste of money if the scent doesn't come through. I may have to check out Wallmarts candles. If you say there good, that's good enough for me. I have tried candles from discount stores only to be dissapointed. I always end up back at YC or Bath & Body has a candle line I also like. Nice talking candles with you Joy