Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Rapture Be a Small % of Populace?

Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    Allow me to clarify, if OT saints experience a rapture, it is assumed on my part that there will first be a resurrection for them. The resurrection would be into glorified bodies, not back into human bodies.

Again, I can't prove from the scriptures that the OT saints will have a rapture of their own, but I do believe the possibility is there and if so, that it would take place before the marriage feast of the Lamb, as I am certain they will be there at the marriage feast as friends of the Groom. Ghosts cannot eat, therefore they would have had to be resurrected in order for them to enjoy the feast with the Groom and us, His Bride. Jesus gave this example when he sat and ate in front of His disciples after His resurrection in order to prove to them that He was not a ghost.
    As RandallB said above, there is a difference between *Rapture* and *resurrection*.

In addition to the other few OT examples, most believers (all groups - OT saints, Grace-Age Church, Trib saints) will die to be with God. Death is only the temporary separation of spirit and body.

We believe we are the generation to see the pre-Trib Rapture.

That means that as living people we will not face death but will be immediately translated into our glorified bodies. There is no waiting period for the Raptured to be reunited with their bodies.

The OT saints have died. They are separated from their bodies. They await - not a Rapture, since they're already separated from their bodies - a resurrection of their bodies.

So it is incorrect to say that dead people await a Rapture, since by its very definition, it refers to living people who will not die.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Default Most of the so- called churches won't be raptured- what will they say?

Most of the so- called churches won't be raptured. So, I wonder what they will say then when 10 percent or so of the true believers are taken up?

Probably something like- 'No, those missing people weren't raptured just look around as the churches with all the christians are still here!' It must be something else etc...

Anyone else thought about what the churches would say to the people?

Default Jesus already told us what they are going to say...

Matthew 7: 22-23 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

It depends upon how deluded they are.

Many will refuse to believe they did not have faith, or their faith was misplaced.

They will be inclined to believe the AC - FP lie explaining the sudden dissappearance of thousands of thousands. They will want to believe it for to insinuate their faith is dead would be intollerable.

But some will see, and be persecuted for it.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    Ok, I see. That's kinda splitting hairs though.
    Maybe..

but in the "not one yod or tittle" tradition ..

It was on the basis of just one yod that Jesus based His whole authority to interpret and teach the scriptures in the temple to the scribes.

Matthew 22:44
    The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
    A single yod makes the term "my Lord" possessive and therefore documents Jesus' claim to divine messiahship.

The scribes understood the implications of the splitting of this hair and asked Him no more questions.

http://books.google.com/books?id=OSt...essive&f=false

Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

WOF thinking from the pulpit: "You've been left behind because you failed to give enough money. God wants it ALL and I've volunteered to stay behind in order to collect what is due. Now we're going to pass the plate a 4th time today in order to ensure your obedience."

Interesting thought. Sadly pride comes before the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    WOF thinking from the pulpit: "You've been left behind because you failed to give enough money. God wants it ALL and I've volunteered to stay behind in order to collect what is due. Now we're going to pass the plate a 4th time today in order to ensure your obedience."
    Down the street in the Contemplative *church*: "This is a terrible shock. Let's say a centering prayer and breathe in and out the *divine presence*.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

I feel compelled to jump in here. There are many many people that come browse and read the posts on this forum. I think it is important to remind all who drop in that Christ died for our sins, he then rose again on the 3rd day defeating death and lives standing at the right hand side of our Father. The only way to the Father is through the son... There are many millions who truly believe this, who pray daily from their hearts and yet due to human nature still sin. It is important to note that by stating that their will only be 10% of all Christians raptured, that we are not crossing that fine line of judging. Are we not saying that the other 90% are not good/complete enough in their beliefs? That though they sin their faith and belief in Christ is not strong enough, not true enough (maybe through their actions)? Yes there are those who fill that category (but let Christ be the judge) I think the 10% number I have seen tossed around on many an occasion on this site could be short sighted in the eyes of Christ, who has stated that he will not let even one of his sheep leave the flock. Only Christ knows the hearts of Christians and Church members, lets let Christ be that judge. We as fellow Christians should be praying for those that need the comfort of Christ and a better understanding of his free gift. Lets work to give all who fill the pews that understanding and chance to join the rest of us at his glorious appearing in the clouds. I realize the path that leads to life is narrow and wide is the path that leads to destruction, but rather than looking at the Church and using the narrow/wide path as a reference, lets look at the Church as being on the narrow path and those who are professed unbelievers in Christ (by far the majority) as those on the wider path... God Bless you all!

I need to add a comment: I am guilty! At sometime in the past couple years I did some analysis (and posted on this site) based on "google" and math to estimate how many I though might be raptured or left behind, and in hindsight I was wrong in doing that, I just don't want anyone to think I am upset, I am not at all... I just want to remind the members to pray for those who are lost, that they too may be with us in eternity.
    Last edited by In Christ; January 24th, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Add Comment
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Down the street in the Contemplative *church*: "This is a terrible shock. Let's say a centering prayer and breathe in and out the *divine presence*.

Amen!
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Or, "Please pass the spam." Seems to work well in certain ME countries. Or so I heard from a very "reliable" source.
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
    Or, "Please pass the spam." Seems to work well in certain ME countries. Or so I heard from a very "reliable" source.
    /snicker/...

Don't worry, I pray for the unreached every day.

I like to think a large percentage will immediately repent and become Tribulation saints.

I like to think of lots of people, who got a Bible, digging it out and mining it for answers.

I like to think of a lot of people getting saved.

My husband has handed out hundreds of "Don't take the Mark" tracts. I am sure a few will get dug out and read, or re-read, as they think about it. Hopefully they have a Bible to go with the tract (wink).

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by In Christ View Post
    Are we not saying that the other 90% are not good/complete enough in their beliefs?
    I've never been able to answer that, its on the individual level this is answered. Even some still in full fledged cults are coming out of them as we speak, like some of us have through the years. There is no way to count those born of the Spirit, we just do not know. I have to think that if the Lord can save a wretch like me, He can save many.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Micha View Post
    Most of the so- called churches won't be raptured.
    Difficult to say there will be many entire churches left behind, unless you mean churches that ain't churches at all.

Probably not much some will say, just much weeping and sadness more profound than I can imagine. Some others will find a new found delusion eventually.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

One thing we do know from scripture is that multitudes will come to Christ during the Tribulation. Better to decide for Christ now. The trib's not going to be any fun.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Difficult to say there will be many entire churches left behind, unless you mean churches that ain't churches at all.
    I mean the ones that teach a false Gospel. There might be handfuls of people missing from them, but not enough for them to think that it was the rapture etc...

It is important to note that by stating that their will only be 10% of all Christians raptured, that we are not crossing that fine line of judging.
    Not everyone that says that they are a Christian is one. Some think they are one because they go to Church on a Sunday and that's it. Some think because they were baptized as babies etc...

I said 10 percent, or so..... could be more or less. Just a very rough guide. I went with that figure only because they have done polls. Many so-called christian these days don't believe the Bible is God's Word. And true Faith comes from hearing the Word.

kissimmeeman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    Was watching a show the other "Late" night and there was some guy selling prayers on television! I thought watching it that I'd better turn it because my house may burn for it. $240 or so and you too can get an answered prayer. JUST AWFUL!! How do people not see through this? Who thinks they have to pay some guy to get their prayers answered? There is no way that I can type the frustration that I feel right now.

kissimmeeman Guest

It sure will be shocking for the millions from the church of oprah that will realize that oprah isn't their savior with her brilliant ideas about there being no need for Jesus. Again I can't type out my frustration!!

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by kissimmeeman View Post
    Was watching a show the other "Late" night and there was some guy selling prayers on television! I thought watching it that I'd better turn it because my house may burn for it. $240 or so and you too can get an answered prayer. JUST AWFUL!! How do people not see through this? Who thinks they have to pay some guy to get their prayers answered? There is no way that I can type the frustration that I feel right now.
    Isn't it funny how some people demean the Lord by representing Him as someone who can be bought? I don't mean funny haha, I mean funny strange. For $240 you can have your prayers answered. For $1000 you can have your marriage annulled. Drop a coin in the coifer and spring your loved ones soul out of purgatory.

Wait 'till these people have to stand before Him on judgment day and have to explain why they didn't treat His Name as Holy. I wouldn't want to be them.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Don't worry, I pray for the unreached every day.

I like to think a large percentage will immediately repent and become Tribulation saints.

I like to think of lots of people, who got a Bible, digging it out and mining it for answers.

I like to think of a lot of people getting saved.

My husband has handed out hundreds of "Don't take the Mark" tracts. I am sure a few will get dug out and read, or re-read, as they think about it. Hopefully they have a Bible to go with the tract (wink).

ACTS: I for one can appreciate your work in passing out Bibles and tracts... Just last Friday I was returning from a week on business in Portland Oregon and upon my return to Baltimore I was awaiting my bags in baggage claim and decided I was thirsty, I walked over to a shop to get a drink and as I walked into the shop a man met me at the entrance with a tract in his hand. I did not realize he was appraoching me as I was walking, but I did glance down to see the tract was biblical, but as I stopped and turned around to accept the tract he sped off into the crowd(???). He actually extended his hand to give it to me, but then quickly jerked his hand back and sped off. I thought hey wait... I will take one of those... but it was too late he was mixed in the crowd again... I thought "Wow, did I look like I was not interested?"... I was VERY tired, so maybe I had an annoyed look on my face??? Anyway, a missed opportunity to thank him for his work... I will never know what was in that tract, maybe it was truth, maybe it was not...
    Please keep up the work you are doing... There are those who need you to be there... Right at that moment...