Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Telekinesis

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    828

    Default Telekinesis

    This has got me stumped, so I'm looking for some help here. I have the feeling that it's not good and another tool of Satan but want some better insight to this. If this is against the rules I apologize and please remove the post, but I would like some help with this. A good friend of mine who is not a Christian just texted me recently and told me he was practicing his telekinetic abilities and could see an aura around his hand while doing so. I have had many discussions with him about God and he has been to church with me in the past. He has always been into strange things and I am worried about this now, but I don't know much about it. My only response to this was "where are you learning that?" he has yet to respond. I don't even know how to go about this with him. When I had these discussions about God with him in the past I myself was not living right and was busy running from God. I've since returned to Him as I've stated in my testimony and am worried for him.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Mtown, I dont know much about telekinesis, but I would stay away from it and encourage the friend to leave it alone also. To me, it screams occult.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world


    Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    17,279

    Default

    There are alot of ifs when it comes to 'psyhic' powers. More often than not, it is faked or imagined.


    We are clearly told in Scripture that God does miracles, and satan and men fake them.

    We are also instructed in how to discerne the difference.

    Start with prayer.

    And if this person does not have a saving relationship with Jesus, Pray all the more.

    I know a man who douses for water. I have challenged him to take it to Christ. If it is not from Him, take it away.
    He's yet to take up the offer. This same man says when we love, we are God.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    There are alot of ifs when it comes to 'psyhic' powers. More often than not, it is faked or imagined.


    We are clearly told in Scripture that God does miracles, and satan and men fake them.

    We are also instructed in how to discerne the difference.

    Start with prayer.

    And if this person does not have a saving relationship with Jesus, Pray all the more.

    I know a man who douses for water. I have challenged him to take it to Christ. If it is not from Him, take it away.
    He's yet to take up the offer. This same man says when we love, we are God.
    What do you mean by douses for water?

    He responded to me and said he was researching this on his own and decided to try it. I then asked what had got him looking for this, and he replied that he is very spiritual(he is a Spiritualist, I should have mentioned before) and that he doesn't like to follow the crowd and does his own thing. He said he believes we all have this "magic" and can do these things if we work at it, but the world is trying to hide it from us. He even went as far as to say that doing things like in the movie "The Matrix" are real.
    I am deeply bothered by this and have been praying all day on what to do and how to handle this. I am just trying to steer the conversation towards God, I know that I can't save him alone, that is the work of the Holy Spirit, so I am just trying to get him at least thinking of what he is doing. This is a slow going text conversation by the way.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    17,279

    Default

    Howdy Mtown.

    Dousing, water witching, water dousing.... there are a couple names for it. There is even a possibility there is an electro magnetic reality to it.

    Any way, the douser holds some device and walks around. When a good watersupply is detected, the device bends to the ground. I have seen it.

    The device is often a Y-shaped stick sometimes with a knife in the base (you hold the top parts of the Y.) The douser I know uses pliers held inverted.

    They also use a gold watch and cound the swings to determine depth.

    There may actually be some science behind this ability, but the one person I know does not have a firm foundation in Christ.

    I had read a testimony about someone with this ability who lost it after a prayer.


    Now that being said, I remember plenty of shows touting paranormal - weird abilities and the like. I expect most was stage hoopla to make a buck.


    I am convinced, that God uses people to further His kingdom, not ours. And faithfulness and love are superior to any 'magic'..
    For those who seek after this kind of stuff, they do better to by a sci-fi novel for they will likely get more entertainment.

    But better that that, they should get a Bible and start reading it. Perhaps the story of the girl who told fortunes by demonic power
    might interest your friend long enough to share the Real Power. The Saving Grace of Christ.




    Acts 16:16-19 New King James Version (NKJV)

    16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.

    But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour. 19 But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to the authorities.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Howdy Mtown.

    Dousing, water witching, water dousing.... there are a couple names for it. There is even a possibility there is an electro magnetic reality to it.

    Any way, the douser holds some device and walks around. When a good watersupply is detected, the device bends to the ground. I have seen it.

    The device is often a Y-shaped stick sometimes with a knife in the base (you hold the top parts of the Y.) The douser I know uses pliers held inverted.

    They also use a gold watch and cound the swings to determine depth.

    There may actually be some science behind this ability, but the one person I know does not have a firm foundation in Christ.

    I had read a testimony about someone with this ability who lost it after a prayer.


    Now that being said, I remember plenty of shows touting paranormal - weird abilities and the like. I expect most was stage hoopla to make a buck.


    I am convinced, that God uses people to further His kingdom, not ours. And faithfulness and love are superior to any 'magic'..
    For those who seek after this kind of stuff, they do better to by a sci-fi novel for they will likely get more entertainment.

    But better that that, they should get a Bible and start reading it. Perhaps the story of the girl who told fortunes by demonic power
    might interest your friend long enough to share the Real Power. The Saving Grace of Christ.




    Acts 16:16-19 New King James Version (NKJV)

    16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.

    But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour. 19 But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to the authorities.
    I got you, thanks for the explanation, I had never heard of that before.

    I fear the problem with my friend is worse than I thought. After finishing with a lengthy text conversation with him just now. He is in to some spiritualism very deep. He believes in a god that made everything and is just running around somewhere doing whatever.
    He thinks that his personal spirit inside of himself is directing him to do what is necessary to go to a place we call heaven, by ridding himself of bad karma. I told him I dont agree with him and that there is only one absolute truth and way to heaven, he disagrees with me of course. I tried asking questions to let him see the flaw in his thinking but I think it was to no avail. He has an answer for everything of course. I suggested some biblical prophecy reading to him, and his reply was of course the bible knows, because it is symbolic of a circle of life that has happened before. This world has been destroyed and started from scratch numerous times to redo it to hopefully get it right....
    It grieves me for a friend of so long to be so lost

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Telekinesis (the ability to move physical objects with "psychic power") can be a trick - for example, the "psychic" waves his hands in circular motions around a pencil on a table - the pencil mysteriously moves away from him. The trick? The psychic is simply blowing on the pencil.

    The real trouble is when it's not a trick. The real God is not "running around somewhere", nor did he send His Son to die on Calvary's cross so we could move pencils, get messages from Ouija boards, practice divination, or in any other way put the focus on our own mystical "abilities". He sent His Son so that we might be saved from eternal damnation.

    Funny you should mentnion Karma. Eastern mystic-type religions that believe in "Karma" (destiny; fate) and one's ability to manipulate it (or not) are ridden with telekinetic charlatanism: holding up boulders with fingertips, climbing a rope that suddenly becomes rigid (by the way, that one is done by climbing and iron rod that's just behind the rope), levitation, etc. Again, the evil is greater when it's based in real Satanic power rather than simple sleight-of-hand. At the bottom of all this type of delving into the spirit world is Satan, using the victim's own ego ("Look at the power I have!") to steer him away from Jesus Christ.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    The real God is not "running around somewhere", nor did he send His Son to die on Calvary's cross so we could move pencils, get messages from Ouija boards, practice divination, or in any other way put the focus on our own mystical "abilities". He sent His Son so that we might be saved from eternal damnation.
    .
    I love it!!!!
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world


    Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Posts
    32

    Default

    When reading the OP I instantly thought of two things. Man made trick or power from a demonic power. Satan and his fallen angels love to mimic our Lords power but for much different reasons. Mostly to glorify a false doctrine or man. Messing with these things can bring a lot of heartache and pain to a believer and can be devastating to the unbeliever. I still find it fascinating why someone would seek things like telekinesis or psychic powers.
    "Here, there or in the air!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,523

    Default Other than faked powers the real ones are

    demonic. For example a Ouija board the pointer seems to move by itself but what has really happened is a demon has entered into one or both of the hands of those using the board and moving their hands thus giving the appearance it is moving by itself since the individuals are not moving their own hands. Since people are allowing evil forces access they often times bceome possessed after using a Ouija Board. Mind reading, the demon feeds the individuals doing it the same thoughts, Ta Da! they have guessed the thought of someone else. The one I really love is "Past Lives" hello! demons have been around forever and they stayed around many people during the last 5 to 6,000 years and know in great detail about past lives. So information that could only be known about a particular era by in depth study is common knowledge for demons but seems to validate ampast life experience even the ability to speak a foreign language.
    Demons are busy with every conceiveable idea to decieve man from the "Truth" Hypnosis?? Demonic possession. How else could someone accomplish what some of these people do unless only a demon was taking over the one being hypnotized. Why else is it "Only" certain people have this ability. Demons! Demons! Demons!
    People should avoid anything that has to do with false abilites or sciences even astology could be an invitation for a demon in your life or someone you love. God takes a strong stance against these things.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    7,989

    Default

    We have to be careful not to see demons behind every tree. Many things people do with things like Ouija boards, are done by the people themselves. Also, things like hypnosis aren't what is commonly thought; stage hypnosis is as much about faking and magic tricks as anything else. Real hypnosis is simply putting someone in a more suggestible state; people often are at the same level of consciousness when they "zone" out driving or are absorbed in a task.

    Can demons mess with people using Ouija boards? Absolutely. We should stay away from any type of attempted communication with the dead, or supernatural powers.

    Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    828

    Default

    This whole thing has been really weighing heavily on me the last couple of days. I don't understand how someone can get so wrapped up in a delusion like that. Well I do know how but it just hits harder to home when it's someone close. I really think a demon has hold of him and is telling him these things through his "spirit".

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kliska View Post
    We have to be careful not to see demons behind every tree. Many things people do with things like Ouija boards, are done by the people themselves. Also, things like hypnosis aren't what is commonly thought; stage hypnosis is as much about faking and magic tricks as anything else. Real hypnosis is simply putting someone in a more suggestible state; people often are at the same level of consciousness when they "zone" out driving or are absorbed in a task.

    Can demons mess with people using Ouija boards? Absolutely. We should stay away from any type of attempted communication with the dead, or supernatural powers.
    Kliska do you believe in demons? The reason I ask because of what you said to start with. Based on what the Bible says there just about is one for every tree. I myself have had many intrusions into my life by demons. More so before I got saved. I won't go into all of them, but just one after I got saved. I just had a car wreck and I didn't get hurt the other driver was slightly hurt. All the emergency vehicles had left as well as the others and I was all alone. I had been saved about 1 1/2 years when this happened, and all of a sudden just as if I were hearing it thru my own ears, I hear this loud voice in my mind say: "Must not be a very good God to let that happen to you!" I was so angry and told them to get away and leave me alone. They are there and ready to cause mankind trouble at every turn.
    I realise when man turns away from God his morals become very questionable, and he needs no external help in his desire to fullfill his lusts. But many times demons are willing to step in and either speeed things along or help out with man's depravity.
    I am convinced that since there will be no real restraint by God's Holy Spirit during the Trib that demons will possess many people during the Trib, we can only imagine for now how bad the horrors of that time period will be.
    No matter what people, demons are the fallen angels and they are in huge numbers, hate humans, extremely powerful, and can do things you and I cannot.
    If we know Jesus Christ those demons cannot touch us without God's Permission just like in Job. And we are actually more powerful than they are, and no Christian no matter what can never be possessed by an evil Spirit.

    But if you are unsaved and possessed by one or more of those demons, if you invite Jesus Christ into your Heart to be Your Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ "will evict" them all once you have put your faith in Him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    7,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waiting1 View Post
    Kliska do you believe in demons?
    Please reread my last sentence to my post.

    I'll caution again; we need to make sure any idea of demons, our knowledge of demons, is taken from scripture. All too often we are influences by what other humans have claimed about demons, about extra-biblical stories, and also even how secular media portrays things like possession. There are certain cautions in scripture that need to be heeded; such as not trying to commune with the dead. There is also plenty in scripture that deals with mankind being able to mess things up just fine on our own.

    There are many "explanations" for supposed supernatural happenings, and demons are one of those, but there are many more.

    Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I will pray for your friend that he will find the love of the Lord. I also pray that you will not let his bad discisions open you up to any spiritual warefare. I bet the enemy is far more interested in hurting a believer than he is with your lost friend.
    "Here, there or in the air!"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dougamie View Post
    I will pray for your friend that he will find the love of the Lord. I also pray that you will not let his bad discisions open you up to any spiritual warefare. I bet the enemy is far more interested in hurting a believer than he is with your lost friend.
    Thank you. I have been praying endlessly about this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •