Thread: Grad school at 40-something...I'm not saying!

Default Grad school at 40-something...I'm not saying!

Posting this here because it doesn't seem appropriate for prayers or praises....but maybe I need both! This was a goal I set for myself a few years ago...trying to get into the mindet of being a student, (and a "scholar" per my professor!) A bit intimidating but hopefully a good challenge!!!

Wonderful!!! I have always encouraged people to go back to or finish school. Grad School, huh?? What exactly is that?? I know about Bachelors or Master Degrees, but I have never been sure what Grad School meant. Maybe a funny question since my second sentence was about encouraging education.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Nice!! I did the same thing! Well worth it and I felt like I got better grades being older. A little life experience under your belt makes a difference in college. I think.
    Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
    Wonderful!!! I have always encouraged people to go back to or finish school. Grad School, huh?? What exactly is that?? I know about Bachelors or Master Degrees, but I have never been sure what Grad School meant. Maybe a funny question since my second sentence was about encouraging education.
    It is for a master's degree...and thanks for kind words!!

LOL.... I have 2 GMAT study books that I have to stop procrastinating and get started on... I can't believe how much 'simple' math I forgot just because I don't use it.
    I"m over 40 and looking at starting an MBA program. Lord willing, I'll do that then a PH.D program. If I go for my masters the only thing that will stop me from the PH.d is the rapture .. heres hoping for the call home before I even start the mba program ..

Good luck...

I am not into Grad school but I am now back to school to get a different degree. I understand how you feel being older and going back to school. It does kind of feel like your out of place. Good Luck!

I just went back to school. Granted, I'm only 28, but since it will take me about 8 years to get my bachelors, I'll be 36 when I graduate.

My work pays for it so I figured I'd be stupid if I did not take advantage of it.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" ~ Jim Elliot

I'm 46 and just started an adult degree completion program at Multnomah Bible College/University to get my bachelors in Biblical Foundations. I can relate to the "older" brain and studying. I've only been at it for 3 weeks now, but it is a challenge. Not sure how the next 2 years will go. If all goes well, I'd like to get a Masters in Theology and then who knows. A phD would be pretty cool too!
    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
    ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Absolutely, no problem, Watcher! I worked at the U of MN for over 34 years and we saw many grad students over 40 ( I took care of my "babies"--one of my "duties" being the secretary of the grad. program). Anyway, years ago my dearly-departed, loving Mother, told my first cousin (when he had just started grad school and was questioning whether he should continue since he had a wife and a second child on the way) that things may be taken from you, but NOT your education! Many years later, my cousin and his wife had such a special love for my dear Mom for taking her advice. He not only got his PhD, but became a top scholar in his field (Psychology ) and is now retired, having had 4 children --and many "grants") who are very successful in their own right! His wife was even on the school board in Bloomington. IN (guess what "U" I'm talk in' about?) Go for it, Watcher! Go for it!!!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Wow, congratulations on going back to school, you guys! It'll keep your brain nimble while mine continues to fall apart.

I so admire you.

Such a cool, encouraging story, Little Bug!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything