Thread: dr. andrew farley

Default dr. andrew farley

Not sure if this belongs here because so far i like this guy. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about him. He pastors a non denom church in texas and has a radio talk show out there. I need to know if there are any red flags.

He has authored some books. One is "the naked gospel" and another is "god without religion"
    Thinking about downloading them on my nook. Any info would be great.
    I'm nobody telling everybody about somebody that is able to save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by CID03 View Post
    dr. andrew farley

Not sure if this belongs here because so far i like this guy. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about him. He pastors a non denom church in texas and has a radio talk show out there. I need to know if there are any red flags.

He has authored some books. One is "the naked gospel" and another is "god without religion"
    Thinking about downloading them on my nook. Any info would be great.
    Well, I briefly went to his website and noticed that there is an endorsement by Leonard Sweet.

That alone raises major red flags for me, sorry.

I'm sure others will come along with more thorough information. Just thought I'd comment on that one aspect. I really don't know anything about him other than this...

Yea, I saw that endorsement on his latest book. However, I have been listening to his sermons on his website and so far I like him. He's all about the finished work of Christ for our sin and resting in him for our salvation. Don't know where he stands on end times though.

I've found it kind of hard to find reputable info on him.

But from what I read I was concerned that he might be one of the "Free Grace" people. Do you know who they are? If not, it might help to think of them as sort of the opposite of the Lordship Salvation folks. While salvation is a free gift by grace through faith plus nothing, they still seem to go too far, even if their doctrinal statements don't necessarily show it.

I was surprised to find this review of the ideas in Farley's book "The Naked Gospel" from a Free Grace group. Here it is: http://www.faithalone.org/journal/bo...ews/farley.htm That kind of did it for me.

I think if you're wanting to learn more about how to see God's grace and how to appropriate it in your life, there are better places to find it than with Farley.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    I've found it kind of hard to find reputable info on him.

But from what I read I was concerned that he might be one of the "Free Grace" people. Do you know who they are? If not, it might help to think of them as sort of the opposite of the Lordship Salvation folks. While salvation is a free gift by grace through faith plus nothing, they still seem to go too far, even if their doctrinal statements don't necessarily show it.

I was surprised to find this review of the ideas in Farley's book "The Naked Gospel" from a Free Grace group. Here it is: http://www.faithalone.org/journal/bo...ews/farley.htm That kind of did it for me.

I think if you're wanting to learn more about how to see God's grace and how to appropriate it in your life, there are better places to find it than with Farley.
    Thanks for the link. I have tried reading up on the positions of the LS and FG crowds trying to find a balance. In reference to the bolded above about going to far, could you expound on that a little? Thanks.