Thread: The one thing the world needs right now - opinion

Default The one thing the world needs right now - opinion

This article comes from a media publication called Independent Online, which is a premium South African online news site and part of Independent News & Media which produces a number of national and regional newspapers in the country. Interesting how the author is seeking a person to fulfill the role of a 'hero' to step up onto the world stage. The author is not a recognised political, religious or other well-known figure, but probably embodies a growing and widespread sentiment. It sounds eerily like the one being sort is he "who will come in his own name" and whom the world will receive (John 5:43), and he who "shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries" (Daniel 11:21).

The one thing the world needs right now

The super-hero movie franchise is at its best. There is always a new film about some super-human saving the Earth and the reason for this is simple: everybody loves a hero.

Everybody loves that person who goes above and beyond to bring about positive change in people's lives. A modern day hero - no spandex, cape, mask or ridiculous, unimaginative pseudo name, instead they are represented by the good cause that they fight for and the values that they stand for and it is this type of hero that the world needs today.

A modern day hero is a person that the youth and even the older generation look up to and aspire to be like, a person who fights for peace, equality and freedom and social change without actually “fighting” at all and a person who is a natural born philanthropist.

In these volatile times where violence and conflict are used to achieve peace, when war is the answer to terrorism and people are dying on a daily basis from disease and famine, the world needs an activist or activists seeking to bring about a new world order.

More at link: http://www.iol.co.za/news/the-one-th...-now-1.1223945

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    This article comes from a media publication called Independent Online, which is a premium South African online news site and part of Independent News & Media which produces a number of national and regional newspapers in the country. Interesting how the author is seeking a person to fulfill the role of a 'hero' to step up onto the world stage. The author is not a recognised political, religious or other well-known figure, but probably embodies a growing and widespread sentiment. It sounds eerily like the one being sort is he "who will come in his own name" and whom the world will receive (John 5:43), and he who "shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries" (Daniel 11:21).

The one thing the world needs right now

More at link: http://www.iol.co.za/news/the-one-th...-now-1.1223945
    Good find Steve. I have a feeling we will be seeing more and more of these as time goes by.
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

And the "world" will get it's wish one day soon.......

Also, these “heroes” do not just appear out of thin air, rather they are ordinary people given the power to do extraordinary things.
    Very prophetic, Lumka Nofemele - your "hero" will be empowered by satan himself.
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Hero?

Like Larry Boy or Mr Bean?

Maybe Dr Who.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Mr. Bean would be a lot better than the savior the world is going to get. Just don't sit next to Bean in a French restaurant...
    Tall Timbers

Boy they sure will get it too!
    These people are clueless about what they seek.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Mr. Bean would be a lot better than the savior the world is going to get. Just don't sit next to Bean in a French restaurant...
    Mr. Bean is why I always keep my handbag closed

Maybe they should consider a committee, like the Wizards of Waverly Place. Or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
    Mr. Bean is why I always keep my handbag closed
    I see we're both fans.
    Tall Timbers

I guess the world needs some kind of hero.They sure do not believe in their creator,which is incredibly sad.

Who'd a thunk people would be begging for the ac or basically running an advertisement for one in the paper??? Woe to the inhabitants of earth.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

the ac will truly be a sobering wake up call for some people.

I can tell you right now the people I work with are sure going to look at the AC as their hero.

Texas gulf coast, and just this side of crazy

I am allways amazed that instead of looking to the only One that can really fix things, people look for a "hero". Boy are they in for a BIG surprise!
    Romans 10:13 "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" NKJV
    RIP Super Zazoo the Wonder Horse