Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet names. What are some of yours?

Default Pet names. What are some of yours?

There was an article in our local paper (info taken from city's animal licensing department). Popular pet names are Max, Buddy, Bella. Some oddball ones like Q-Tip, T-Bone & Pudge. I thought it might be fun to see what names are represented here. Disclaimer: I did not name all our pets!

We have:

Devon - St. Bernard
    Dakota - Great Dane
    Cat - Lemon Zest
    Cat - William
    Cat - Beau
    Chinchilla - Fungus Face (Fung for short)

We've had:

Duke - Maremma
    Baron - Maremma
    Czar - Akbash
    Tessa - Akbash
    Cat - Pooch
    Peacock - Bob
    Rooster - Klondike
    Chicken - Fisty Chick
    Highland Bull - Knothead
    Highland Bull - 5 1/2
    Jersey Cows - Faith, Hope & Charity

Like I said, I'm not responsible for all these names, but I do have my more than fair share of oddball ones.

Looking forward to your pets' names.

Lorna

We have a Patty-we call her fatty Patty. She's a Rat Terrier and fat..lol
    We have a Jumper- Always jumping, name fits him well. Rat Terrier also
    We have a Pug, short of Pugsly who is a Pug..
    Than we have Scosh "Not sure of the spelling" my husband named him this because he's so small "Vietnam for small. He's a Yorkie.
    And we have Darling Darla, who we call Darla. Another Yorkie.
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace
    with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" Romans 5:1.

I had a hamster named Bella,i lost her over a year ago,still miss her
    Jesus built us a bridge to Heaven - with 2 boards and 3 nails

When I was a child, we had a dog named Mitzi. She was beautiful, very intelligent and just an all around good dog. When my parents got married, Dad brought his hunting dog into the marriage. The dog's name was Jip. Dad obviously loved that dog, but had to give him up when he left the unproductive farm in Mississippi to find a job in Chicago after my brother was born. We kids grew up hearing stories of Jip and he was legendary in our household. I've always felt like I knew him. One of my favorite stories is about the way he always protected my Mother after Mom and Dad got married and the way he also protected my the infant brother. When anyone came to the door, Jip always stood guard between Mom and the visitor. Also, when Mom would leave the room where my brother was, Jip would stand guard as close as he could get to him until Mom returned.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Had a cat once named Sniff.Had a dog named Kandy because we got her on Halloween and the kids named her.

We currently have one dog and her name is Maggie. She has somehow attained a surname of O'Doodle.
    John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

When my daughter was very young, somebody gave us 2 kitties. We decided to let her name one of them, the orange tabby kitty. In trying to help her out with ideas, I asked her what she thought of Tiger. She shook her little head and said, "Lion." So, Lion it was. She could pick that kitty up in the weirdest ways and he just let her do it. I miss that kitty!

My brother used to have a cat, presumably a rather playful one, that he called Daffy Crackers

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

My current dog is the one inherited my mother and dad. She is a chihuahua with the name of Godzilla. My mom let my son name the dog when they got it about 13 years ago.

When my kids were growing up we had a dog that was part pomeranian and pekingese. Her name was Georgette. She was named after a dog in a story that was brain-washed by the kidnappers. They made the dog watch soap operas all day long. So every phrase out of the dog's mouth in the story was some soap opera type statement.
    Proverbs 18:10--The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.

RIP:
    Ginger --- my dog when I was a child and my all-time favorite.
    Peek ---- Our Peek-a-poo dog
    Happy --- Our Collie
    Gus ------ Another dog we had
    Snuki ---- Yet another dog we had
    Spud ---- Our late great kitty
    Tammy and Elvis --- Finch birds

Emma is our miniature schnauzer.....

We currently have Bubba.

His "official" name is Mr Black, because he is a huge, dignified, black cat. I named him Bubba because he loves to hunt and loaf around all day.

My neighbors speak Spanish at home. Their toddler calls him "GA" - short for gato.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

We have a large, aging cat named Jerry. My father was/is a Deadhead and named him after Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. Years ago when my parents were still married and we were living in the same house we had two dogs: a mutt named Candy and a westie named Max, both of whom were hit by cars and killed because we lived on a busy road.

We have a Bengal and his name is JoJo.

Donnie

We don't have any real pets, but we do have two cardinals that are very territorial with the bird feeder. We named them Randy and Alice after this awesome couple we know.

We also have a pet metal rooster named Fred. Don't ask!
    ~But if we hope for what we do not have, we wait for it patiently~ Romans 8:25

Moses - a cat that died last year at 11 1/2
    Before him I had Ishkabibble and Velcro. Ishkabibble was a name my dad used for my sister.
    Velcro, when she was a kitten did not know how to retract her claws, and stuck to everything.
    We adopted a cat from my sister that I named Elijah, but the kids called him Moose.

Before them we had dogs
    TJ a sheltie
    Pepper, a mix
    Rosie a red setter mix
    Wrocky a canadian champion Keeshond
    Joshua "Josh" a keeshond
    and a beloved rottweiler named Kodiak.and a german shepherd named King

Currently I have a little wise acre black 11 month old kitten named Adolphus. And he is a wise acre too, I think he has come to the conclusion that his name is "Cut that out"!, or "You little rattle snake!", or "Leave my water alone!" He picks up water glasses by the rim and dumps them out!! He is my Little Wild One.
    I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

Sandee, we had a kitten named Velcro once, because we could hold her up to the side of a chair or the couch and she would just stick there!

Dog -- Mindy (our DS1's dog, a black Lab mix)

Cats, well, let's see, there's . . .

-- Mim (short for Miriam, the matriarch and most senior of our cats)
    -- Scout (Mim's daughter, so called because she was the one in her litter who explored new places first -- GREAT mouser)
    -- Cymry (Mim's other daughter, long white fur and bright blue eyes, pronounced "Kim-ree" -- the Cymry were/are what the Welsh called themselves -- I'm big on ancient British history and the Celts)
    -- Samantha (DH named her -- no reason behind the name)
    -- Romulus and Remus (Cymry's sons -- Rommie is long-haired and Reemie is short-haired, both white with pale blue eyes)
    Max (Maximillian)
    -- Dorian Gray (because he's, well, gray)
    -- Leroy and Jenkins (those who play World of Warcraft will know the reference)
    -- Big Boy (not technically "ours" in that he didn't come from the line of Mim, but I suspect he's responsible for much of the line due to the presence of a diagonal white stripe on the back leg of many a cat on this hill which Big Boy also posesses)
    -- Rascal (DH's favorite, a long-haired, orange-and-cream "baby" who I aptly named because he was a little rascal as a kitten -- sounds like Sandy has one, too)

Our first cat was Catfish, a long, lean, black-and-white tomcat. Again, DH named him. He also named a dog we once had Cornbread.

I once had a Hemingway (polydactyl) cat named Cait Sidhe (pronounced "Kate Shee"). Since I always like to name my cats names that are appropriate for their physical/temperamental characteristics, I did a search for Celtic cat names and found this one, which was the name of a Scottish cat mythological animal with a black coat and a white chest patch, so she was Cait. Back then, I had bad headaches that would send me to bed. If I had a headache, Cait would always seem to know, and she would come to me in the bed and knead the back of my head and neck with her multi-toed paws.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Had a sweet natured dog (tibetan terrier) named Skipper that we got from a dog pound when I was very young. He was the best dog ever and lived a long long time! I've had literally dozens of cats due to my oldest daughter and her love of all things feline...and she could name them all to this day many moons later! Some of the names I recall are Pasquenel, Mckeig, Bela, Max, Tuxedojoe, Marmet, Roman, Marlena, Quincey, Boo-boo kitty. Had a sweet groundhog that I hand-raised and bottle fed named Woodybear until a dog got him when he got out of the house one day while I was gone. We now have a gray kitten named Thomas Gray that my daughter hand raised when he fell out of the eaves of her house where his mommy decided to have her litter and he couldn't be put back into his nest...he's a sweetie and really doesn't seem to know he's a cat. I've never had a cat quite like this one. He seems to understand more than a cat should. He knows his name, without the 'kittykitty' stuff, lol. He seems to understand the word 'no'...he's peculiar, doesn't meow but he trills and makes little chirpping sounds.

I had a Maltese dog named Tee Tee when I was a kid, but he died from old age. I miss him.
    Let's Dance, kupo!

I have a sister, I call her "brat" I have brothers, I call them "punks" My wife becomes "sweety" or "darling" when I want something. "
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    I have a sister, I call her "brat" I have brothers, I call them "punks" My wife becomes "sweety" or "darling" when I want something. "
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace
    with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" Romans 5:1.

Our current cats are Cleopatra aka Cleo and Orion aka Bubba
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)