Thread: Imesh Unwanted Home Page

Default Imesh Unwanted Home Page

This evening, I downloaded a program from one of the choices of sites to provide free piano sheet music. The program took over my computer. My Google Home Page disappeared, and now Imesh is my home page. I went into control panel, deleted Imesh, but the home page is still Imesh. My tool bar favorites has also disappeared. I will never download anything from an unknown site again, free music or not. So, now that I've learned that lesson, does anyone have a suggestion for getting rid of their home page and getting Google HP back?
    Thanks for any help you can give.

-Lynn

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    This evening, I downloaded a program from one of the choices of sites to provide free piano sheet music. The program took over my computer. My Google Home Page disappeared, and now Imesh is my home page. I went into control panel, deleted Imesh, but the home page is still Imesh. My tool bar favorites has also disappeared. I will never download anything from an unknown site again, free music or not. So, now that I've learned that lesson, does anyone have a suggestion for getting rid of their home page and getting Google HP back?
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Without more details I can only suggest going to internet options and manually changing your homepage back to Google since you said you deleted the program.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

If you don't have recent work you don't want to lose you could do a computer restore using yesterday's date.

I've got the Bookmarks Toolbar back again, but no 'Back' Button or icon (little house) for home page. What a mess!
    Thanks everyone!
    P.S. How do you do a computer restore?

-Lynn

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I think everything is back to normal now. I just used Tools at top to take care of everything, so it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.

-Lynn